This Foley Catheter market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Foley Catheter market.
With an increasing number of cases requiring a surgery followed by the subsequent reliance of catheterization for a long or short course of time, the demand for both intermittent and indwelling urinary catheters is growing steadily. While catheterization is commonly employed in a majority of bladder dysfunction cases, the potential harm caused by catheters is widely known.
Research points to the possibility of septicemia, UTI (urinary tract infection), urethtral and bladder trauma, and even catheter device blockage, associated with the use of urinary catheters. This has been a major area of research interest among manufacturers of all types of urinary catheters over the years.
One of the most commonly employed type of urinary catheters, Foley catheter or indwelling catheter has been witnessing steady sales over the recent past. Being relatively affordable and widely accepted in both long-term and short-term catheterization applications, Foley catheter continues to gather traction especially in developing economies.
To overcome the limitations posed by existing designs and materials, a majority of Foley catheter manufacturers are focusing their strategies on the material and design innovations. This study on the global Foley catheter market discusses the recent innovations presented by Foley catheter market players that are likely to shape the market growth in the near future. The insights in this report propose the potential areas of Foley catheter material and design that are ripe for improvement in coming years.
Biocompatible Materials Gather Momentum in Catheterization Space
Material innovations are attracting R&D interests of catheter manufacturers in recent years. Biocompatible materials such as silicone and latex are undergoing innovations for better functionality at reduced risks of adversity. The key criteria being applied for the development of biocompatible materials development includes the ability to curtail the chances of infectious conditions such as urethritis, meatitis, and trigonitis.
Worldwide Stats of Urinary Incontinence Incidences Indicate a Thriving Market for Foley Catheter
With growing prevalence of urinary incontinence, the instances of the most common contagion, i.e. UTI also witnesses an upsurge among both men and women. The US National Kidney Foundation projects the UTI as a driver for around 10 million doctor visits, annually. Moreover, urinary incontinence is affecting over 12 million people in the US alone, more prominently women, each year. Although developed regional markets reflect a most alarming ratio raising greater demand for catheterization and thereby Foley catheters, emerging markets also are witnessing a growing rate of catheterization demand, pushing sales of Foley catheters.
Foley Catheter Manufacturers Extending Material Choices beyond Silicone and Latex
Silicone and latex have been the most preferred material choices among Foley catheter manufacturers, and the two material types will continue to account for a considerable revenue share in the Foley catheters market over the foreseeable future.
According to research, silicone secures the title of a versatile biomaterial that possesses excellent thermal and chemical stability. Moreover, the superior bio-durability and biocompatibility that silicone offers enable it to achieve the higher adoption potential over other material counterparts in the Foley catheter landscape. Generally, for demanding applications in long-term urinary catheterization, silicone is the material of choice.
Latex is however a preferred material choice in short-term catheterization applications owing to a few shortcomings compared to the merits of silicone. Though affordable, latex Foley catheters are more prone to infections and friction, and thus reflect higher chances of allergy risks, making it only an alternative choice restricting the use exclusively in case of short-term catheterization.
Research points to the visible emergence of other two material varieties that are enjoying considerable popularity in terms of adoption for Foley catheter manufacturing, in recent years. Teflon-coated latex and silicone elastomer coated latex are likely to present promising investment opportunities for Foley catheter manufacturers in coming years.
Competition Landscape Analysis Reveals Strategic Facets of Foley Catheter Market
In a separate section that covers the competition scenario of global Foley catheter landscape, the report provides in-depth profiling of the leading players actively operating in Foley catheter space. Some of the major companies covered in the report include B Braun Melsungen AG, Hollister, Inc., Coloplast Ltd., Medtronic, Medline Industries, Boston Scientific Corporation, C.R. Bard, Inc., Teleflex, Inc., and Cook Medical. Recently this year, a company named Spinal Singularity announced the launch of the feasibility trial of one of its new products, a Connected Catheter. This catheter is claimed to be a smart catheter that has been especially designed for male patients suffering from chronic urinary retention or the neurogenic dysfunction of the lower urinary tract.
In addition to financial profiles of companies, this report section provides insights on their key developmental strategies, SWOT analysis, and global market position. With a systematic tier-wise breakdown of the competitive landscape of the global Foley catheter ecology, the report intends to benefit the key stakeholders operating across the value chain in Foley catheter marketplace, including Foley catheter manufacturers, providers, and suppliers, R&D companies, medical research laboratories, and other potential investors.
The global Foley catheter market report is an extensive assessment of the first-hand information gathered by expert market research analysts, compiled with insightful inputs provided by some of the leading industry experts and value chain participants. Starting with the exhaustive analysis of most impactful trends observed in the urinary catheters and key indwelling catheter types, the study further extends to significant macroeconomic growth indicators, key growth influencers, taxonomy, and geographical outlook of the Foley catheter market. Emphasizing on the evaluation of attractiveness of each of the market segments and sub-segments, the report throws light on competitive benchmarking.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Foley Catheter Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmental Assessment of Global Foley Catheter Market
The report categorizes global Foley catheter market into six segments, based on the type of product, type of material, length of Foley catheter, application, end user, and region.
Foley Catheter Market Analysis by Product Type
- Temperature Sensor Integrated Catheter
Foley Catheter Market Analysis by Material Type
- Teflon Coated Latex
- Silicone Elastomer Coated Latex
- Hydrophilic Polymer Coated Latex
Foley Catheter Market Analysis by Length of Foley Catheter
Foley Catheter Market Analysis by Application
Foley Catheter Market Analysis by End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Medical Research Centers
Regional Analysis of Foley Catheter Market
- North America
- Western Europe
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Report Highlights: Global Foley Catheter Market
- An in-depth overview of parent market, covering urinary catheter and indwelling catheter landscapes
- An overview of evolving market dynamics in the catheterization industry
- Detailed segmentation of Foley catheter market
- Historical, current, and prospective examination of market size in terms of value and volume
- Recent developments and influential trends in catheterization and Foley catheters
- Opportunity assessment of Foley catheter market
- Competitive landscape analysis of Foley catheter marketplace
- Key player developments in catheterization space
- Niche and potential segments in Foley catheter market that reflect promising opportunities
- A neutral perspective on the entire market performance over the forecast period
- Must-have insights in-the-bag for Foley catheter market players
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Foley Catheter Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Foley Catheter Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Foley Catheter Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Foley Catheter Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)