Food grade phosphoric acid is transparent, colorless, odourless, and with a sour taste, predominantly utilized for acidification process in foods and beverage products. Orthophosphoric acid is another common name of food grade phosphoric acids.
Besides that, the food grade phosphoric acid is also used as nutrition agent and acidity regulator for yeasts. Food grade phosphoric acid has a range of application in the preparation of light drinks, flavors, and canned food products.
Apart from that, the food grade is also used in breweries for the production and wine and work as a nutrient for yeast during fermentation and also prevents the growth of unwanted micro-organisms.
The phosphoric acid is generally prepared by three methods that include wet, thermal, and dry kiln process. Most of the key manufacturers use thermal processing methods as compared to other processing techniques. Moreover, the manufacturers operating in food grade phosphoric acid market are aiming at the introduction of products with new properties in terms of purity.
Surging Demand for Food Additives Driving the Food Grade Phosphoric Acid Market
The global food grade phosphoric acid market is primarily driven by its increasing popularity as food additives in a range of processed food products and beverages. Hence, the rising demand for preservatives in food and beverages, mainly in processed food, is giving impetus to the global food grade phosphoric acid market.
The inorganic ingredients are used to acidify cola-type drinks. The pure food grade phosphoric acid is a vital additive in mayonnaise, food sauces, and juices. Phosphates used in processed food products not only improve the color, structure, flavor, and sensory attributes, but also maintain the performance in bakery food products by attaining optimum properties.
European countries have a higher number of bakeries and confectionaries as compared to other regions. Apart from that, Asia has a higher number of processed food and beverages. These are the key factors for the rising market demand for food grade phosphoric acid across these regions and is anticipated to grow over the forecast years.
Global Food Grade Phosphoric Acid: Key Players
The key players operating in the food grade phosphoric acid market are
- Aditya Birla Chemicals India
- Febex SA (Arkema)
- Innophos Inc.
- Agrema Poland
- Guangxi Qinzhou Capital Success Chemical Co. Ltd
- OCP Group
- WengFu Group
- Nutrien Ltd.
- Devdhar Chemicals Private Limited
- Grasim Industries Limited
- Solaris Chemtech
- The Mosaic Company
- Capital Success Phos-Chemical
- Agrium Inc.
- ICL Food Specialties
- Wengfu Group
- Israel Chemicals
- Indian Farmer Fertilizer Cooperation Limited (IFFCO)
Food Grade Phosphoric Acid: Paving the Way in Asian Market
The global market for food grade phosphoric acid is foreseen to have a lucrative business in the Asian market, this is due to the rising preserved foods demand in the emerging nations such as India, and China.
The rising population and increasing expenditure on food products are the key factors pushing the overall demand for convenience and packaged food products and beverages in these nations. Apart from that, North America is estimated to hold a reasonable share in the global food grade phosphoric acid market, though it is likely to surge with a moderate rate during the upcoming years.
In addition to this, the manufacturers of food grade phosphoric acid are focusing on to improve purity, as there are certain grades for purity are readily available in the global market. Moreover, the end-users of food grade phosphoric acid are focusing on to maintain the level of this inorganic chemical in their products offerings. These are the reasons that are making growth avenues for food grade phosphoric acid market across the globe.
The food grade phosphoric acid market report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size.
The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the food grade phosphoric acid market, including but not limited to: regional markets, grade, form, and processing type.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Food Grade Phosphoric Acid market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The Food Grade Phosphoric Acid market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases).
The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analysing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the food grade phosphoric acid market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the Food Grade Phosphoric Acid market report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the Food Grade Phosphoric Acid market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the Food Grade Phosphoric Acid market
Food Grade Phosphoric Acid: Market Segmentation
basis of grade :
basis of form :
basis of processing type :
- Wet Process
- Thermal Process
- Others (Dry Kiln Process, Furnace Process e.t.c.)
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.