This Gamma Glutamyl Transferase Testing market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Gamma Glutamyl Transferase Testing market.
Gamma glutamyl transferase testing involves the quantitative assessment of gamma glutamyl transferase. This is a membrane protein which catalyze the transfer of glutamyl to amino acids or peptides. The gamma glutamyl cycle is a pathway in which the glutathione homeostasis and detoxification of xenobiotics is carried out. The level of gamma glutamyl transferase (GGT) increases in the serum in conditions such as cardiovascular disease, liver dysfunction or disease and other metabolic syndromes. In general the gamma glutamyl transferase testing is prescribed by the doctor when liver damage or liver disease is suspected especially in case of alcohol abuse. Low appetite, vomiting or nausea, fatigue, abdominal pain, jaundice, dark urine, and itchy skin are some of the most common symptoms of liver disorders and diseases. Alcohol hepatitis is the most common liver disorder diagnosed using the gamma glutamyl transferase testing.
Oxidative stress can also be asses using gamma glutamyl transferase testing. Apart from liver damage, gamma glutamyl testing can also be used to assess elevated levels of gamma glutamyl transferase due to kidney, pancreas and biliary system diseases. Alcohol abuse and abuse of certain medications also can be asses by the elevated levels of GGT through the gamma glutamyl transferase testing. However, the gamma glutamyl transferase testing is not a standalone test. The gamma glutamyl transferase testing is often followed by other blood tests such as ALT and AST that is also known as SGOT and the bilirubin test. None the less the gamma glutamyl transferase testing is a valuable testing method for uncovering many silent liver diseases that may otherwise go undiagnosed.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The alkaline phosphatase (ALP) test is generally conducted in correlation with the gamma glutamyl transferase testing. Elevated levels of both the GGT and ALP is indicative towards issues with the liver or bile. Normal level of GGT and elevated level of ALP is indicative towards a bone disease. Thus the gamma glutamyl transferase testing is also used to rule out certain diseases. Elevated levels of GGT is indicative towards alcohol abulse, hepatitis, improper blood flow to liver, liver cancer, liver cirrhosis, drug abuse or drug related liver toxicity, heart failure, diabetes, pancreatitis and fatty liver disease.
Gamma Glutamyl Transferase Testing Market: Drivers and Restraints
Rising prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, liver disorders and diseases as well as rise in alcohol consumption globally are some of the factors that drive the growth of the gamma glutamyl transferase testing market. However, availability of alternative testing methods could hinder the growth of the gamma glutamyl transferase testing market. Furthermore, need for secondary and confirmatory testing may impact the growth of the gamma glutamyl transferase testing market negatively.
Gamma Glutamyl Transferase testing Market: Overview
The colorimetric type of gamma glutamyl transferase testing kits are most commonly used kits. This is primarily due to the lower cost when compared to the ELISA based test kit. Assay kits are easy to use, they are convenient, simple and require no or little time for optimization. The gamma glutamyl transferase is generally conducted as a blood test and is highly accurate and sensitive to alcohol, medication and smoking. Treatment for elevated levels of GGT involves lifestyle changes, change in diet and medication. The gamma glutamyl transferase testing is not a standalone test however is a highly accurate and sensitive test that can also be used for ruling out certain disease. The gamma glutamyl transferase testing can also be used for tissue lysates and cell lysates for research and diagnostic purposes.
Gamma Glutamyl Transferase testing Market: Regional Outlook
Rising obesity, diabetes and alcohol abuse in North America and Europe are the primary factors that drive the growth of the gamma glutamyl transferase testing market in the regions. North America is expected to hold the maximum share the market followed by Europe. However, rising incidence of diabetes in Asia Pacific and significant rise in population in the regions is driving the growth of the patient pool. This allows Asia Pacific market for gamma glutamyl transferase testing market to grow at a significantly high rate.
Gamma Glutamyl Transferase testing Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the gamma glutamyl transferase testing market include, Merck KGaA, BioVision Inc., Creative BioMart, PromoCell, Abnova Corporation, XpressBio, Abbkine, Inc., MyBioSource, among others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Gamma glutamyl transferase testing market Segments
- Gamma glutamyl transferase testing market Dynamics
- Gamma glutamyl transferase testing market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Disease epidemology
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Gamma Glutamyl Transferase Testing Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Gamma Glutamyl Transferase Testing Market: Segmentation
The global gamma glutamyl transferase testing market is segmented by product type, test type, sample type, end user and region:
Based on product type, the global gamma glutamyl transferase testing market is segmented into:
- ELISA Based
- Colorimetric Based
Based on test type, the global gamma glutamyl transferase testing market is segmented into:
- Presence Quantitative Test
- Activity Quantitative Test
Based on Sample type, the global gamma glutamyl transferase testing market is segmented into:
- Tissue lysates
- Cells lysates
Based on the end user, the global gamma glutamyl transferase testing market is segmented into:
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Gamma Glutamyl Transferase Testing Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Gamma Glutamyl Transferase Testing Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Gamma Glutamyl Transferase Testing Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Gamma Glutamyl Transferase Testing Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)