This Gas Discharge Tubes market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Gas Discharge Tubes market.
A specialized type of gas-filled tube includes the thyratron, krytron, and ignitron tubes called gas discharge tubes (GDT). A gas discharge tube is an electronic component in which the electrodes are organized inside a tube-like an arrangement, and are enclosed by gas within an insulating temperature-resistant cover. Gas discharge tubes operates ionization of gas by the application of appropriate amount of voltage which causes electrical conduction. Gas discharge tubes are used for protect several energy-sensitive equipment, devices and persons from electric surges. Gas discharge tubes extensively used for the protection of telecommunications plant and equipment against overvoltage caused by lightning, power switching, and fault conditions. Gas discharge tubes also used in industrial and consumer electronics for power supplies, fire alarm systems, surge protectors, and irrigation systems.
Gas Discharge Tubes Market: Drivers and Restraints
The increasing hazardous accidents due to the flow of high voltage in an electronic device is prominent factors affecting the global gas discharge tubes market positively over the forecast period. Gas discharge tubes are normally used for protect sensitive telecom parameters such as power lines, data transmission lines, and signal lines from damage affected by transient surge voltages that typically result from equipment switching operations and lightning strikes. Gas discharge tubes also helps to provide overvoltage fault protection against damage caused by high energy surges. Rising urbanization and increase in disposable income has increased the standard of living in developing countries, owing to which there is an increase in spending on electronic devices. Thus, the market is expected to exhibit a high growth rate in the gas discharge tubes market.
The increasing adoption of filter technology which is used for replacement for gas discharge tube. Filter technology is one of the significant factor which is hindering the growth of the gas discharge tubes market.
Gas Discharge Tubes Market: Competition Landscape
Some of the prominent players manufacturing gas discharge tubes are Bourns, Inc., Littelfuse, Inc., NIC Components Corp, Heilind Electronics, Phoenix Contact, HuaXinAn, TDK Electronics AG, Mitsubishi Materials Corporation.
- In May 2019- Bourns, Inc., introduced two compact, lower profile TVs Diode Series to meet the component miniaturization required in highly integrated and high power density designs. Bourns offers voltage transient protection devices for data line, DC power supply and a wide variety of telecom, computer, industrial and consumer electronics applications.
- In March 2019 – Littelfuse, Inc. launched 650V SiC Schottky Diodes with new package sizes for enhancing efficiency, reliability and thermal management in power electronics applications. The applications for the new 650V SiC Schottky Diodes includes electric vehicle (EV) charging stations, high-frequency output rectification, free-wheeling diodes in inverter stages, buck/boost stages in DC-DC converters, power factor correction (PFC).
Gas Discharge Tubes Market: Regional overview
There is a predominance of the electronic industry in the Asia Pacific region especially in countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, etc. Also, the consumption of electronic devices is rising at a considerable rate due to the rise in urbanization. The Asia Pacific region is proposed to hold a considerable market share due to the significant presence of key players in the gas discharge tube market and the fast technological advancements in this region. In regions such as North America there is high presence of the electronics and electrical industry, and the demand for consumer electronics is expected to follow an upward trend over the years. There is a dominant presence of the electronic industry in the European region as well. The electronic industry is expected to grow quickly and the demand for electronics is expected to increase over the years, due to which Europe can be considered as a prospective market for gas discharge tubes.
The gas discharge tubes market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with gas discharge tubes market attractiveness as per segment. The Gas Discharge Tubes market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on gas discharge tubes market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Gas Discharge Tubes Market Segments
- Gas Discharge Tubes Market Dynamics
- Gas Discharge Tubes Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved in the Gas Discharge Tubes Market
- Value Chain of the Gas Discharge Tubes Market
- Gas Discharge Tubes Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of LATAM)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, South Korea, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Gas Discharge Tubes Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Gas Discharge Tubes Market: Segmentation
The Gas Discharge Tubes market has been segmented on the basis of end user, technology type, and region.
The Gas Discharge Tubes market is segmented on the basis of temperature range:
- Operation Temperature Range
- Models without Fail-Short Mechanism : -40°C/+90°C
- Models with Fail-Short Mechanism: -20°C/+65°C
- Storage Temperature Range
- Models without Fail-Short Mechanism : -40°C/+90°C
- Models with Fail-Short Mechanism : -20°C/+65°C
The Gas Discharge Tubes market is segmented on the basis of capacity:
- Low-medium Surge
- Medium-high Surge
- High Surge
The Gas Discharge Tubes market is segmented on the basis of end user:
- Consumer Electronics
- Detailed overview of parent gas discharge tubes market
- Changing gas discharge tubes market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth gas discharge tubes market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of fertigation control system gas discharge tubes market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on gas discharge tubes market performance
- Must-have information for gas discharge tubes market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Gas Discharge Tubes Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Gas Discharge Tubes Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Gas Discharge Tubes Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Gas Discharge Tubes Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.