This Gesture Recognition market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Gesture Recognition market.
Gesture recognition is a perceptual computing user interface with the goal to allow computer to capture and interpret human gestures via mathematical algorithms. A gesture can be referred to any bodily motion or initiation but most commonly hand and facial movement and expressions. Users can interact or connect with device with the use of simple gestures. Gestures are the primary source of input data. In gesture recognition technology, a camera captures the image and feed the image data to a sensing device, it perceives and interpret gesture and execute the correlated command. Over past few years, gesture recognition has been flourished in entertainment, automotive and electronic sector. Gesture recognition has enabled human and machine to interface easily. Gesture recognition were mostly based on 2D version, but are now advancing on 3D version, global companies are investing immensely on research and development of 3D sensor technology along with development of sophisticated gesture recognition technologies. Gesture recognition is an emerging technology enabling the user to interact with machine or a device to perform a specific task without touching it. Gesture recognition has a high potential to bring revolution between human machine interactions.
Gesture Recognition Market: Market Dynamics
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Most of the electronic devices such as smart phone, tablets, PCs, Laptops, and TV etc. are equipped with gesture recognition hence enhancing the efficiency and ease of use. Gesture recognition is also finding its immense application in entertainment and gaming zone. Hence supporting the growth of gesture recognition market during the forecasted period.
The implementation of gesture recognition is hindered due to the technical challenges and also some social challenge. The gestures used must be intuitive simple and universally accepted. Due to rapid pace of innovation, ease of use and huge investment in R & D are expected to shift the consumer’s preference towards product with gesture recognition system in future. With the rapid pace of development of 3D sensing technology gesture recognition system the market is shifting from 2D gesture recognition to 3D gesture recognition. It is expected to dominate global gesture recognition market during the forecasted period.
Due to the rapid trend of automation in various industries gesture recognition possesses high growth opportunity during the forecast period. Moreover gesture recognition also holds good scope in the medical field. Global gesture recognition market is expected to grow owing to the rapid adoption of gesture recognition in various sectors such as defense sector, retail sector, transit sector and automotive sector.
Gesture Recognition Market: Segmentation
Gesture Recognition Market: Regional Outlook
North America is leading in the global gesture recognition market, owing to rapid automation activities in industries and adoption of smart technologies in various sector such as automotive and consumer electronic. Also Asia-Pacific is expected to have high gesture recognition market growth, owing to rising demand of smart phone and smart technologies in the educational sector. Moreover increase in adoption of gesture recognition is expected in the defense and aerospace in North America region.
Gesture Recognition Market: Market Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, type of product and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Gesture Recognition Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Gesture recognition market segmentation by gesture dimension:
- 2D Gesture
- 3D Gesture
- Pointing Gesture
Gesture recognition market segmentation by technology
- Touch-based Gesture Recognition
- Touch-less Gesture Recognition
Gesture recognition market segmentation by end use:
- Consumer Electronic
- Health care
Gesture recognition market segmentation by input method:
- Wired Glove
- Depth-aware cameras
- Stereo cameras
- Gesture-based controllers
- Single camera
Examples of some of the market participants operating in the global gesture recognition market are as follows:
- Cognitec Systems GmbH
- GestureTek technologies
- Infineon Technologies AG
- eyeSight Technologies Ltd.
- Elliptic Laboratories A/S
- Intel Corporation
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc
- OmniVision Technologies, Inc.
- Google, Inc.
- Sony Corporation
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Gesture Recognition Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Gesture Recognition Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Gesture Recognition Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Gesture Recognition Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.