This Global Fmcg Packaging market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Fmcg Packaging market.
Elevating Demand from E-Commerce Industry to Significantly Drive Revenue Growth of FMCG Packaging Market
Growing demand from e-commerce industry has been regarded as a vital factor that is expected to support growth prospects of FMCG packaging market in the forthcoming years. E-commerce sector is one of the major contributors in increasing revenue growth of FMCG packaging market. This sector’s growth is attributed towards rising demand for protective packaging for delivering small-sized products coupled with the convenient packaging options.
Pharmaceuticals Industry Anticipated to Dominate FMCG Packaging Market
Pharmaceutical pre-fillable inhalers and pouches are likely to witness rapid growth in FMCG packaging market during the forecast period on account of growing number of allergic and asthmatic patients. New innovations and therapies constantly occurring in pharmaceutical industry will further create growth avenues for FMCG packaging market.
Asia-Pacific to Boast Growth Opportunities for FMCG Packaging Market
Favorable economic conditions and demographics in Asia-Pacific has been driving the region’s FMCG packaging market during the forecast period. Multinational companies are planning to eye on Asia-Pacific for business expansion and to attain a competitive edge in the global market. Key players and manufacturers in Asia-Pacific FMCG packaging market are taking immense efforts by customizing and launching their existing products to cater to new consumer demands.
Fast-moving consumer goods are the high volume, low priced items that are quickest to leave the supermarket shelves. They include durable and non-durable goods such as cosmetics, toiletries, detergents, batteries, plastic goods, paper products, etc. Packaging is vital to the FMCG market as it is an essential element for proper positioning of the product. Packaging allows effective communication between consumers and brand owners through graphics, colours, images, product information and logos. This serves as an important medium for communication and a tool for companies to distinguish product appearance from that of their rivals. In the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector, packaging plays a key role in affecting consumer choice and thus an important factor in point-of-purchase decisions. Nowadays, the marketing environment has become competitive and complex. This is due to inclusion of modern marketing tools such as packaging, branding and other aspects at a large scale as compared to basic marketing techniques.
In order to enhance product visibility in the market, packaging has emerged as a unique tool to create a direct impact on consumer perception about the corresponding product. Factors such as increasing middle-class population in developing countries, changing consumer lifestyles and technological advancements to develop eco-friendly packaged products are expected to drive the demand for FMCG packaging in the near future. Furthermore, changing consumer lifestyles support the demand for varied consumer products which is expected to enhance the growth of this market. This has led to differentiated packaging which indirectly affects manufacturers. However, compliance of stringent environmental regulations related to packaging is a key factor restraining the market growth. Creation of new materials with the help of sustainable packaging to offer efficient designs is a key trend driving the FMCG packaging market.
The FMCG packaging market is segmented on the basis of packaging type and end-user industries. The various types of packaging materials based on the type of product include protective packaging, flexible packaging, paper-based packaging, rigid plastic packaging, custom packaging and others. These packaging materials face challenges due to sourcing based on parameters like health consciousness, mobility and consumerism in pharmaceutical and health products. Shift in global buying patterns of consumers coupled with a surge for value-added products has led to an increase in consumer willingness for premium products. Thus, to target the consumer spending for packaging, companies are focusing on developing attractive packaging products. FMCG packaging serves end-user industries, such as food, beverages, healthcare, cosmetics and others. Among all the end-user industries, the food & beverages sector serves as the largest market for packaging companies to invest in the long run. The demand for packaging in recent years is being recognized across the emerging markets with developed markets retaining their market share with a modest growth. However, demand from emerging markets is expected to record a double-digit growth in the next five to six years.
Packaging in the FMCG sector accounts for a large share in the material cost involved in developing a finished product. Thus companies at a global level are developing innovative packaging solutions to minimize the operational cost. The FMCG packaging market is highly fragmented when analysed from the supply side perspective with less number of companies having a substantial share in the total market. This leads to less entry barriers for new entrants in this market. However, skilled labour, equipment and machinery are identified as barriers for a sustainable growth in the near future. Nestlé S.A., Procter & Gamble Company and PepsiCo Inc. are among the leading FMCG companies across the globe. Other prominent players of the FMCG packaging market include Kimberly-Clark, Altria Group, Kraft Foods, Mondel?z International Inc., Philip Morris International Inc., Unilever Group, Amcor Limited and Tetra Pak International.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the FMCG market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as packaging type, end-user industries and geographies. Report covers exhaustive analysis on
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competitions and Companies Involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. It provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Fmcg Packaging Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Fmcg Packaging Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Global Fmcg Packaging Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Global Fmcg Packaging Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Global Fmcg Packaging Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Global Fmcg Packaging Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)