This Gluconic Acid market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Gluconic Acid market.
Gluconic acid is non-toxic, non-corrosive and mild organic acid. It is derived from glucose by a method oxidation reaction. Moreover, gluconic acid is synthesized by different microorganisms which include bacteria. Naturally gluconic acid is abundantly available in food stuff such as dairy products, meat, wine, as well as in plants and fruits. Gluconic acid appearance is clear to brown and is soluble in water. Influence of gluconic acid production is based upon two key parameters which are ph of the culture medium and availability of oxygen. Owing to its principle salt which is sodium gluconate, gluconic acid, and its salt has wide application in pharmaceutical and food industry. Gluconic acid primarily occurs and imparts a refreshing sour taste in many food items such as honey, fruit juices, wine, etc. Gluconic acid is majorly used as a component of leavening agent in baked goods. Application of gluconic acid is used for reducing fat absorption in cones and doughnuts and is also used as a flavoring agent in sherbert. Gluconic acid with is derivatives finds its application in pharmaceutical industry based on their properties such as in the treatment of anemia and calcium therapy for animals. Moreover, it is also used in dairy industry for prevention of milk-stone in animals and cleaning of aluminum cans
Gluconic Acid Market: Dynamics
In the global market of fermentation organic acid estimated to be third largest market preceded by antibiotics and amino acid. The key driver to the growth of the gluconic acid market is its application in the food industry as a food and beverage additives (acidity stabilizer) and pharmaceutical industry and increase in demand for biodegradable acid. Moreover, its ability to bind it with sodium, iron, and calcium gives a boost to gluconic acid market owing to support the effect of antioxidant as well as thickening and gelling agent. Gluconic acid outperforms as an antimicrobial property due to its derivative sodium gluconate which is widely used in textile dyeing, a chelating agent for plating and cement, metal surface water treatment and printing which is a potential driver for the growth of the gluconic acid market. Another derivative of gluconic acid that outperforms in the pharmaceutical industry is calcium gluconate which is another potential factor for the growth of the gluconic acid market. This is due to its application for treating calcium deficiency such as hypocalcemia and hypocalcemic tetany in pregnant women.
Gluconic Acid Market: Region Wise Outlook
The global gluconic acid market is divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan and the Middle East and Africa (MEA). Europe holds major share of global gluconic acid market, factors that holds dominant position of Europe is due to major player such as Roquette Frères and BASF SE in the global gluconic acid market. Moreover the derivative of gluconic acid is high in dietary supplements, thus the dietary supplement market is expected to boost the demand for gluconic market in the region. North America holds second major share in the global gluconic market. Established players such as Sigma-Aldrich and Bristol-Myers Squibb strengthen the growth of global gluconic acid market. Thus Europe and North America is estimated to witness healthy CAGR in the forecast period. APEJ is said to be most attractive region for gluconic acid market. Thus APEJ is estimated to witness high CAGR during the forecast period of gluconic acid market. This is due growing demand and rising application of gluconic acid in food and beverage that will boost the market and technological production that has created opportunities for global gluconic acid market
Gluconic Acid Market: Prominent Players
- BASF SE
- Premier Malt Products, Inc.
- Roquette Frères
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology, material and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Gluconic Acid Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Gluconic Acid Market: Segmentation
Based on application: Gluconic acid market is segmented into
- Acidification in food and beverages
- Processed fruits and vegetables
- Baked goods
- pH adjuster
- Hygiene products
Based on component: Gluconic acid market is segmented into
- Gluconic acid
- Glucono delta-lactone
- Sodium salt of gluconic acid
- Calcium salt of gluconic acid
- Iron slat of gluconic acid
Based on industry: Gluconic acid market is segmented into
- Food and Beverage
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Gluconic Acid Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Gluconic Acid Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Gluconic Acid Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Gluconic Acid Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.