This Hong Kong Tourism Spend Analysis Forecast market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Hong Kong Tourism Spend Analysis Forecast market.
The tourism industry is a major contributor to the economy of Hong Kong. Since 2014, growth of tourists from China has decreased, due to which the Hong Kong tourism industry is facing a slowdown. Also, competition is increasing from destinations such as Europe and Japan, which are frequented by Chinese tourists. However, the government in Hong Kong is taking measures to develop more tourist attractions, thus making Hong Kong one of the most popular tourist destinations.
Hong Kong Tourism: Drivers and Restraints
Tourists from China constituted the largest group of visitors to the Hong Kong Special Administrative region. This is both a driver and a restraint to the Hong Kong tourism market. Chinese visitors come to the Hong Kong region in order to enjoy the duty free shopping and travel in a world class infrastructure and having not to face the language or other cultural shocks that they may face while travelling in a western country. However, visitors from China to Hong Kong have been declining since a couple of years due to the recent unrest in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for self-rule and tensions with the Chinese population. This unrest has taken its toll on the tourist numbers from the China region. However, the reputation of Hong Kong as an international financial centre and a preferred destination for regional conferences and conventions has the potential to rebound the negative fall back of the declining tourists from the China region.
Hong Kong Tourism: Spend Analysis
As per the figures released by the World Travel and Tourism Council, in the year 2014, the direct contribution of travel and tourism to the GDP of Hong Kong stood at HKD 204.6 Bn that comprised 9.1% of the total GDP of the region, and this is likely to show an increase by 3.5% per annum during the 10-year period of 2015-2025 and reach a figure of HKD 293.2 Bn – and this will comprise 9.5% of the total GDP of Hong Kong in the year 2025.
As per the same source, in the year 2014, visitor exports generated an amount of HKD 366.6 Bn that comprised 7.5% of the total exports of Hong Kong. Visitor exports are forecasted to increase by 3.6% per annum during the 10-year period of 2015-2025 and reach a figure of HKD 527.8 Bn in the year 2025 and this will comprise 6.6% of the total exports of Hong Kong.
As per the figures released by the Tourism Commission – The Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in the year 2015, a total number of 59.3 million international tourists were received by Hong Kong that represented a decline of 2.5% over the figures of the year 2014. In the year 2015, China continued to be the source of the largest foreign tourist market, with over 40 million arrivals that accounted for over 75% of the total foreign tourists’ arrival. This represented a decline of 3% over the corresponding figures of the year 2014.
The overnight visitor per capita spending in the year 2015 amounted to HKD 7234, which represented a decline of 9.1% from the corresponding visitor per capita spending in the year 2014. Average length of stay of overnight visitors was 3.3 nights in the year 2015, which remained the same for the year 2014 as well.
This comprehensive report equips readers with lucid information and analysis on the sector. Future Market Insights’ experienced travel and tourism analysts bring to you accurate and unbiased information to help you make crucial decisions with confidence.
The report offers a 360° view – bringing to the fore key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the sector. To offer readers actionable insights, detailed information on historical trends, current scenario, and future projections is provided in the report.
The report specifically focusses on the leading companies operating in this sector, highlighting their key developmental strategies. A holistic analysis of the leading players is highlighted to help decision makers understand the overall competitive landscape.
What Can Readers Expect from this Report?
- An overview of the sector, including the key factors that have shaped patterns and demand
- Not just data, but insights that you can incorporate in your strategic decision making
- Nuanced underlying factors that influence consumer behaviour
- Data points to understand the past, analyse the present, and project the future
- Trends that will impact the sector in the short- and long-term
- Deeper understanding of the target audience, their motivations, aspirations, and expectations from service providers
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Hong Kong Tourism Spend Analysis Forecast Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Hong Kong Tourism Spend Analysis Forecast
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Hong Kong Tourism Spend Analysis Forecast report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Hong Kong Tourism Spend Analysis Forecast. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Hong Kong Tourism Spend Analysis Forecast report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Hong Kong Tourism Spend Analysis Forecast, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.