This Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert market.
Ice cream and frozen dessert are food products from the frozen food industry. They are consumed after a meal or served as a refreshment between meal courses. Ice cream and frozen desserts are composed of milk and cream combined with fruit and flavors, making it pleasing to the consumer. The growing trend of the consumption of ice cream and frozen dessert after a meal as a digestive product fuels the growth of the global ice cream and frozen dessert market. Another factor influencing the industry's growth is the surge in demand for ice cream and frozen yogurt.
Both kids and adults are on the rise for these tasty frozen food products because of the nutritional value obtained from their consumption. The global ice cream and frozen dessert market are expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to the rise in disposable income and the growing population size of individuals consuming frozen desserts globally. However, the market is slated to witness a decline in growth due to the increasing health concerns among consumers. Consumers are on the watch for products with low-calorie content with healthy befitting properties.
Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Market Growth Driven by Consumers’ Changing Lifestyle
Ice cream and frozen dessert are classified as a ready-to-eat meal or convenience food that can be consumed anywhere and anytime. The present-day consumers are involved in a busy lifestyle, which doesn’t allow them to prepare food. Thus, they are ready to spend on ice cream and frozen desserts. Besides, the rise in consumption of yogurt and ice cream among consumers is another factor facilitating the global growth of the market. The global ice cream and frozen dessert market are slated to witness robust growth over the forecast period.
Availability at Retail Stores
The retail store is one of the most significant growth boosters for the ice cream and frozen dessert market. Ice cream and frozen dessert are readily available at various retail stores worldwide. Consumers find it easy to walk into a retail store to get frozen dessert, and this is expected to foster the growth of the market over the forecast period. Retail stores such as hypermarkets, supermarkets, convenience stores, and many more sell ice cream and frozen dessert products in bulk.
Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Market Restraint
The global ice cream and frozen dessert market is not without its challenges. Major factors such as flavor, and fat content contained in ice cream and frozen dessert are expected to restrain the market’s growth over the forecast period.
Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Market: Region-wise Analysis
North America is slated to dominate the global ice cream and frozen dessert market in terms of total revenue and market volume, followed by Europe. However, these regions are projected to become nascent with steady growth in the nearest future. As key players focus on innovative products such as new variants in flavor and low fat/calorie products, the market is predicted to register significant growth over the forecast period.
The Asia Pacific will register substantial growth during the forecast period with developing nations such as Chine and Japan acting as growth drivers. Increasing consumption of flavored yogurt in China, Japan, and India is projected to fuel the global ice cream and frozen dessert market in the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period.
Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Market: Competitive Landscape
- Nestle SA
- Danone Groupe SA
- Ben & Jerry's Homemade Holdings Inc.
- Cielo USA
- Kraft Foods Group Inc.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. Research report provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Market Segment Analysis
The global ice cream and frozen dessert market can be segmented on the following basis:
- Frozen Yogurt
- Frozen Cakes
- Ice Cream
By Distribution Channel
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)