This Intravascular Ultrasound Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Intravascular Ultrasound Systems market.
Intravascular Ultrasound Systems (IVUS) is an imaging method with which we can visualize a coronary artery from the inside out. Intravascular Ultrasound Systems are usually designed in such a way that the individual can have a complete view of the coronary artery blockade using a catheter which is attached to an ultrasound probe at one end and the other end is attached to a computerized ultrasound equipment.
The inside out view helps to find out the sent sizing, fixation, and in confirmation that the stent implanted are appropriately placed with full expansion of the stent, which fits tightly round around vessel wall. By this the cardiologist sense that the information acquired by the IVUS medium can a make a huge different in knowing how well the patients are treated and can obtain accuracy about the stent placement with reduced complications.
Now a days the IVUS diagnostic procedure is majorly used in coronary interventions where it determines and provides the qualitative information about the composition of the plaques and its echogenicity strategies. IVUS demonstrates the consistency of the plaque (soft, fibrous, calcific or mixed) and its differentiation from thrombus.
IVUS instrumentation overview:
The Intravascular Ultrasound is designed with two major components i.e.
- Catheter with a miniaturized transducer at its tip
- Console containing the electronics necessary to reconstruct the image
The imagining is captured by the frequency of the ultrasound which varies type of vessels which is to be scanned.
- Often used frequency is 20 MHz
- Vascular imagining for a medium sized vessel is 12.5 - 50 MHz
- Vascular imagining for a large vessel such a aorta is 12.5 - 20 MHz
- Smaller vessels require high frequency of probes within a range of 30-40 MHz
Two types of catheter systems are, one with an end-hole which are delivered over the guide wire, and those which do not have an end-hole and are introduced directly through the sheath.
The transducer design have been approached into two basic ways, i.e.
- Mechanical type
In the phased-array systems, there are multiple transducer elements (32-64) which are in arranged in an array are activated sequentially to generate the image.
Mechanical probes rotates an electric transducer at 1800 rpm, which has the capacity to produce 30 images per second.
Intravascular Ultrasound Systems Market: Drivers and Restraints
There is drastic Increase in the number percutaneous coronary interventions and number of stent procedures. Major Lot of population now a days prefer less invasive procedures, the technological advancements in image guided therapeutic treatment and growing incidence of cardiovascular disease led to the increase in the intravascular ultrasound systems market.
The drawback for the IVUS is the high cost, lack of uniform reimbursement and threat from optical coherence tomography.
Intravascular Ultrasound Systems Market: Overview
The global Intravascular Ultrasound Systems market is expected to expand at healthy CAGR owing to increasing adoption of the products across the world. Among end users, hospital end user segment is expected to account for maximum share due to requirement of advanced healthcare infrastructure and low cost.
Intravascular Ultrasound Systems: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically, the global intravenous ultrasound systems market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. Among all the regions, North America will continue to lead the global market for intravenous ultrasound systems due to high purchasing power. Asia- Pacific is expected to account for second largest share in global market primarily due to increasing number of cardiac surgeries. Regional overview can be a directly proportional to the population.
Intravascular Ultrasound Systems: Key Players
Key players operating in the global intravenous ultrasound systems market are Volcano Corporation, Boston Scientific Corporation, Terumo Corporation, Infra ReDx Inc, Philips Healthcare, Siemens Healthcare, Silicon Valley Medical Instruments Inc, and Avinger Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, type of product and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Intravascular Ultrasound Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Intravascular Ultrasound Systems Market: Segmentation
The global market for intravascular ultrasound systems are broadly classified on the basis of product type, applications and end user.
Based on product type, the intravascular ultrasound systems market has been segmented as follows:
- IVUS consoles
- Integrated Consoles
- Cart version Consoles
- IVUS catheters
- Mechanical/Rotatory Catheters
- Static Electric/ Phased Array Catheters
- Pullback devices
- Guide wires
- Introducer Sheaths
Based on application type, the intravascular ultrasound systems market has been segmented as follows:
- IVUS coronary diagnostic market
- IVUS coronary intervention market
- IVUS coronary research market
- IVUS non-coronary /peripheral applications market
Based on end user, theintravascular ultrasound systems market has been segmented as follows:
- Cancer Institute
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Intravascular Ultrasound Systems Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Intravascular Ultrasound Systems Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Intravascular Ultrasound Systems Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Intravascular Ultrasound Systems Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)