This Modular Plc market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Modular Plc market.
PLCs or Programmable Logic Controllers are generally the commercial or industrial computers used to operate automated systems. From traffic lights on streets to roller coasters at parks, PLCs are seen everywhere. To make PLC work, three major components are required, namely, the Central Processing Unit (CPU), the power supply and rack, and the I/O section. The two main categories of PLC are fixed and modular PLCs. Modular PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) is preferred over fixed PLC owing to its capability to execute complex processes. Furthermore, modular PLCs are also called rack-mounted units, consisting of bases for installation of various I/O modules, which are easier to repair. Capability to store more information, greater number of available I/O modules, designed to expand and customize processes for continuous development and greater economic security for long-term are some of the benefits, which are expected to be the factors for the market growth. Based on product type, micro modular PLC is expected to dominate the global modular PLC market.
Modular PLC Market: Drivers
The modular PLC has the ability to complete the process while the other errors are being fixed. Moreover, the ease of troubleshooting the downtime of the modular PLC is lesser than the fixed PLC. Due to the aforementioned factors, global modular PLC is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, growing home and building automation market is expected to fuel the demand for modular PLC in the near future. Additionally, increasing requirement of automation solutions is projected to upsurge the demand for modular PLC during the forecast period.
Modular PLC Market: Restraints
Higher initial cost as compared to fixed PLC is expected to be one of the factors hindering the growth of global modular PLC market over the forecast period. Furthermore, decrease in space efficiency, high cost of diagnostic labour during failure, need of enclosure due to low IP ratings and more spare stock, which increases maintenance cost are the other factors hampering the growth of global modular PLC market during the forecast period.
Modular PLC Market: Segmentation
The global modular PLC market can be segmented on the basis of product type, program memory size, offerings and end-use industry mainly. On the basis of product type, the global modular PLC market can be segmented into micro modular PLC and nano modular PLC. On the basis of program memory size, the market can be segmented into small size PLC (max two I/O module), medium size PLC (less than 100 I/O modules) and large size PLC (more than 100 I/O modules). On the basis of offerings, the modular PLC market can be segmented into hardware, software and services. On the basis of end use industry, the market can be further segmented into automotive, food and beverage, cement industry, home & building automation, metal & mining, pharmaceutical industry and others.
Modular PLC Market: Regional Outlook
Based on regions, North America is expected to dominate the global modular PLC market. The increasing demand for modular PLC from food and beverage, power and waste water treatment industries is expected to drive the growth of modular PLC market in North America. Asia Pacific, led by China and India, is projected to witness high growth during the forecast period. Rapid industrialization coupled with increasing manufacturing units in this region are projected to fuel the demand for modular PLC. Latin America and Europe are expected to witness positive growth during the forecast period. Japan, being the matured and developed market, is expected to witness stagnant growth in modular PLC market during the forecast period. Owing to growing industrialization and commercialization in Middle East & Africa, the modular PLC market is expected to exhibit significant growth during the forecast period.
Modular PLC Market: Market Participants
Some of the examples of the prominent players identified in the global modular PLC market are as mentioned below:
- ABB Limited
- B&R Industrial Automation
- General Electric
- IDEC Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Company
- Omron Corporation
- Rockwell Automation Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Schneider Electric SE
- Robert Bosch GmbH
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Modular Plc Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Modular Plc Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Modular Plc Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Modular Plc Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Modular Plc Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Modular Plc Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.