Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel Market: Market Outlook
Nuclear energy has been used to drive a range of of carg ovessels including merchant, military and ice-breaker ships. A trading vessel or merchant vessel is a ship or boat that are used to transport passenger or cargo for hire. Conventionally, merchant vessel/ships use diesel powered engine to burn the fuel and that drive the turbines. However, with the evaluation of technology the ships are now powered by nuclear reactor to drive the engines. Nuclear powered merchant vessel/ships uses central, internally constrained consumption & storage system instead of storing fluctuating and large quantities of fuels. In 1950s, the world was introduced to an economical, thimble sized amount of nuclear material powering a vessel.
Most the countries have developed their individual nuclear powered merchant vessel. For instance, U.S. launched the NS Savannah – passenger cargo ship, Japan manufactured the Mutsu (which was decommissioned after a solo test run), Germany made the Otto Hahn (carried ore for nearly a decade) and Russia made the Sevmorput that carried cargo until 2012. Henceforth, most the countries have their own nuclear powered merchant vessel to carry the passenger or cargo from place to other
Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel Market: Key Features/ Characteristics
Nuclear powered merchant vessel have reduced dependency on fuel and could run for numerous months without need for refilling fuel tanks, which has proven to be considerably impactful in remote areas such as arctic areas in Russia. Furthermore, reducing fuel demand has also allowed for a cut in fuel costs that helps to maintain the budget. On the top of fuel efficiency, these ships are more powerful and have less of an environmental impact on society.
Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel Market: Dynamics
Increase in demand for alternate fuel technology couple with growing need for more powerful ships is expected to fuel the demand for Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel market. Also, ability of these ships to have less environment impact would support the demand for nuclear powered merchant vessel market.
Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel Market: Restraint
However, high cost of nuclear powered merchant ships as compared to fuel powered merchant ships finds low advocacy rate which can hamper the growth for nuclear powered merchant vessel market. Furthermore, subsequently most of nuclear powered merchant vessel are prepped for long journeys, therefore, to remain technically sounded need a high cost inclusive repair and maintenance.
Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel Market: Opportunity
Owing to limitations related to sulfur oxide emissions norms from ships has put the global marine industry on a search for an economical ways to meet future and current environmental norms. Also, with the inevitable development of trans Arctic shipping, nuclear power is the only means to work on that extreme situation. Therefore, it gives an immense opportunity for nuclear powered merchant vessel manufacturers to invest in this technology.
Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel Market: Regional Outlook
As of 2017, most of nuclear powered merchant vessel are owned by countries such as Russia, U.S., Germany, and Japan. The maximum demand is expected to be coming from U.S., owing to huge investment by government for these vessels. Moreover, the country is the largest producer of nuclear power energy globally, accounting for more than thirty percent of worldwide nuclear generation. Germany and Japan are also contribute significant share for nuclear powered merchant vessel market.
Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants/vendors identified in the Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel market across the globe are:
- Adams Atomic Engines, Inc.
- Babcock & Wilcox
- Howaldtswerke Deutsche Werft AG
- Yokosuka Naval Arsenal
- Maritme Administration (Constructed US Savannah)
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments of Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Market Dynamics of Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Market Size of Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Supply & Demand of Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges of Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Competition & Companies involved of Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Technology of Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Value Chain of Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada) Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil) Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain) Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia) Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand) Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Japan Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa) Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel
The Floating Fountain report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The Floating Fountain provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The Floating Fountain also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, the Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel market can be segmented into:
- Cargo Carrier
- Passenger Carrier
On the basis of horsepower, the Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel market can be segmented into:
- Less than 20,000 HP
- More than 20,000 HP
On the basis of size, the Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel market can be segmented into:
- <250 Mts (Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel)
- More 250 Mts (Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel)
On the basis of load, the Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel market can be segmented into:
- <50,000 Tons (Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel)
- More 50,000 Tons (Nuclear Powered Merchant Vessel)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.