This Omega 3 Concentrates market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Omega 3 Concentrates market.
Omega-3 Concentrates: Introduction
Omega-3 concentrates are highly concentrated oils that contain EPA and DHA with sum concentration of more than 50%. Omega-3 concentrates are obtained from omega-3 rich oils that are further processed to obtain a higher concentration of EPA and/or DHA. These can be obtained from various omega-3 rich oils such as fish oil, alga oil, calamari oil, etc. Omega-3 concentrates are available in oil as well as powder form, which is used by dietary supplement manufacturing companies to make capsules, for use in food and beverages, or as a pharmaceutical grade component.
Ethyl-Ester Vs. Triglyceride: The Healthier Omega-3 Concentrates
Triglyceride is present in natural omega-3 oils whereas ethyl-ester is present in the concentrated form in the oils. There has been a new development in the omega-3 concentrates. During the processing of the omega-3 concentrates from natural oil, the ethyl-ester formed is reconverted back to the triglyceride form, which is known as a re-esterified triglyceride. These forms have different absorption capacities in the human body, but the most effective absorption is of re-esterified triglycerides. Also, the absorption depends upon the digestive capabilities of each person.
Omega-3 Concentrates: Key Players
Some of the leading manufacturers in the global omega-3 concentrates market are Nordic Naturals, Inc., Organic Technologies, Pelagia AS (Epax Norway AS), Novasana B.V., GC Rieber Oils AS, BASF Corporation, DSM Nutritional Products AG, Norwegian Fish Oil AS, K Pharmtech Co., Ltd., Australian Omega Oils Pty. Ltd., and Golden Omega S.A.
Omega-3 Concentrates: Key Developments
- In 2016, DSM Nutritional Products AG launched a new technology called the 3C Technology, for the production of omega-3 concentrates to efficiently reduce the cost of production of these concentrates and also make them affordable to the consumers.
- In September 2017, Organic Technologies, the producer of the Omega-3 concentrates brand, launched a new product in the market to challenge other manufacturers. It launched Omega-3 concentrates that are rich in DHA with certification from the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) that certifies for sustainability.
- In October 2017, GC Rieber Oils AS went into a collaboration with a Norwegian scientific consulting firm, Orivo, to verify the source of the oil which can be tested by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) technique. This is to increase the transparency of the omega-3 concentrates and their sources.
Omega-3 Concentrates: Key Regulations
The GOED (Global Organization for EPA and DHA) is a quality maintaining council for the omega-3 market so that the omega-3 concentrates and oils that reach the customers are of high-quality and safe for use.
Omega-3 Concentrates: Opportunities
Ultra-high omega-3 concentrates is the next omega-3 trend in the market. The individuals that are omega-3 deficient make up more than 80% of the global population. This deficiency is leading to cardiovascular diseases in humans. Thus, consumers have started taking dietary supplements to overcome this. Due to omega-3 concentrates, consumers can take lesser supplements and get adequate nutrition.
The prices of the omega-3 concentrates have to be made a little more affordable to increase the sales of the products for a larger audience. This can be achieved with improved technology that some companies are incorporating. The dietary supplements market, especially the omega-3 concentrates market has a very high growth rate and potential innovations in the upcoming years.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the omega-3 concentrates market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Omega-3 Concentrates Market Segments
- Omega-3 Concentrates Market Dynamics
- Omega-3 Concentrates Market Size
- Omega-3 Concentrates Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Omega-3 Concentrates Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Omega-3 Concentrates Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Omega-3 Concentrates
- Value Chain Analysis of the Omega-3 Concentrates Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Omega 3 Concentrates Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Omega-3 Concentrates: Segmentation
The global omega-3 concentrates market is segmented on the basis of form, source, type, concentration, end use, and packaging.
On the basis of form, the global omega-3 concentrates market is segmented as-
On the basis of source, the global omega-3 concentrates market is segmented as-
On the basis of type, the global omega-3 concentrates market is segmented as-
- Triglyceride (TG)
- Ethyl Ester (EE)
- Phospholipids (PL)
On the basis of concentration, the global omega-3 concentrates market is segmented as-
- High DHA
- High EPA
- Balanced EPA: DHA
On the basis of end use, the global omega-3 concentrates market is segmented as-
- Food and Beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Infant Formula
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
- Pet Food
On the basis of packaging, the global omega-3 concentrates market is segmented as-
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the omega-3 concentrates market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the omega-3 concentrates market
- Competitive landscape of the omega-3 concentrates market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on omega-3 concentrates market performance
- Must-have information for omega-3 concentrates market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Omega 3 Concentrates Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Omega 3 Concentrates Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Omega 3 Concentrates Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Omega 3 Concentrates Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)