This Ophthalmic Knives market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Ophthalmic Knives market.
Ophthalmic knives are fine blades designed for performing deep, fine and precision cuts during ophthalmic surgeries to reduce the surgical footprint. These are manufactured by using special alloys and have low tolerance.
Ophthalmic Knives Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increase in the incidence of ophthalmic diseases, such as cataracts, keratosis and others, coupled with the growing adoption of surgery is the prime driver of the global ophthalmic knives market. The World Health Organization estimates that cataract is the most common eye ailment, which has caused blindness in 23 million people or 51% of the world’s blindness. The World Health Organization further states that an estimated 285 million people are visually impaired worldwide, of which 246 million people have low vision. Thus, there is a large market for ophthalmic knives owing to an increase in the number of treatments for cataract and national plans for the prevention of blindness.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The technological drivers of the ophthalmic knives market include the growth of the medical devices industry, coupled with the adoption of complimentary diagnostic devices such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT) and others, which are among factors boosting the surgery segment. The adoption of minimal invasive surgical techniques, such as ultramicrotomy and Small Incision Cataract Surgery (SICS), is also boosting the market of advanced diamond-tipped ophthalmic knives.
However, the high cost of the ophthalmic knives, the low-volume high-value nature of the market which resists economy of scale, and the low emphasis on ophthalmology in medicine as compared to other specialties are some of the factors hampering the growth of the ophthalmic knives market.
Ophthalmic Knives Market: Overview
The global market for ophthalmic knives is a bimodal market with numerous players dotting the low-tech segments and a few players dominating the high-tech segments, which include diamond knives. Ophthalmic Knives market players should form collaborations with large hospitals to provide customised solutions. Diamond ophthalmic knives need an elaborate preparation, which includes sharpening, and their high cost acts as a restraint for the market. However, diamond ophthalmic knives provide a superior cut, which is their value proposition as compared to metal knives.
Ophthalmic Knives Market: Regional Wise Outlook
Based on regions, the global ophthalmic knives market is classified into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan and Middle East & Africa. The Asia Pacific excluding Japan ophthalmic knives market is expected be the fastest-growing ophthalmic owing to growth in the healthcare sector and the emergence of China as a large manufacturing base for medical devices. China and India are expected to drive a lion’s share of the ophthalmic knives market.
The low-tech segment of the North America ophthalmic knives market is expected to remain sluggish owing to saturation, with U.S. leading the market. The Europe Ophthalmic Knives market is led by Germany, France & the UK, and is expected to be the third-largest market. However, the diamond ophthalmic knives market in developed regions is expected to register significant growth.
The Middle East and Africa ophthalmic knives market is expected to be dominated by the gulf nations of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE and Qatar. The poor healthcare expenditure of Africa and the lower adoption of medical devices in the region are among factors hampering market growth. Thus, low-tech devices hold a disproportionate share of the Middle East and Africa ophthalmic knives market.
Ophthalmic Knives Market: Key Players
Some of the major players in the global ophthalmic knives market are Optiedge, Paramount Surgimed Ltd., Surgistar, Ophtechnics Unlimited, Sidapharm, Diamatrix Ltd., Bausch & Lomb Incorporated and Unique Technologies Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Ophthalmic Knives Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Ophthalmic Knives Market: Segmentation
To gain an accurate understanding of the differential market equity of the global ophthalmic knives market, the report is segmented based on applications, material, utility, design, end user and region.
Based on applications, the global ophthalmic knives market is segmented into the following:
- Cataract Surgery
- Keratitis Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery
Based on material, the global ophthalmic knives market is segmented into the following:
- Metal Ophthalmic Knives
- Diamond Ophthalmic Knives
Based on design, the global ophthalmic knives market is segmented into the following:
- Straight Ophthalmic Knives
- Crescent Ophthalmic Knives
- Slit Knife Ophthalmic Knives
- Lance tip Knives Ophthalmic Knives
- MVR Knives Ophthalmic Knives
- Stab Knives Ophthalmic Knives
Based on utility, the global ophthalmic knives market is segmented into the following:
- Reusable Ophthalmic Knives
- Disposable Ophthalmic Knives
Based on end user, the global ophthalmic knives market is segmented as below:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Ophthalmic Knives Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Ophthalmic Knives Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Ophthalmic Knives Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Ophthalmic Knives Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)