This Oral Dosing Cups market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Oral Dosing Cups market.
Oral dosing cups are calibrated cups used for exact dosing to patients, especially children. They are meant for oral dosing, and are usually available in sizes from 2 ml to 30 ml or more. Oral dosing cups are preferred by many parents for pediatric oral medicine. They are useful in unit dosing, wherein they reduce chances of medication errors and contamination risks. Although oral dosing cups are useful, there have been many dosing errors by parents at home. There have been reports of confusion with oral dosing cups, where parents find the dosing quantity confusing. Oral dosing cups need to be aided by spoons, and parents reportedly get confused between a teaspoon and a table spoon. Some users also take the entire cup to be the right amount of dosing. Therefore, despite being a good alternative to syringes, the preference for oral dosing cups is relatively compared to alternative solutions.
Global oral dosing cups market: Dynamics
The global oral dosing cups market is expected to grow on the backdrop of the global healthcare industry, which is currently growing at a healthy CAGR.
The major drivers expected to fuel growth of the global oral dosing cups are - high demand for dose delivery devices by vendors of over-the-counter (OTC) liquid drug products, such as, syrups, elixirs and suspensions, preference for products such as oral dosing cups, syringes and droppers, that are intended to aid appropriate dispensing of the product by the end user, who may be a patient, parent, or caregiver. Both supplier side and demand side preference for convenience during medicine intake is expected to facilitate increase in preference for products such as oral dosing cups, over the forecast period. As the number of players in the global over-the-counter drug market rises, the growth is expected to drive the need for convenient dispensing products, of which, dosing cups are one.
Although the market outlook is likely to remain positive in terms of growth, there are numerous factors that might hamper growth rate of the global oral dosing cups market. Many oral dosing cups available in the market carry misleading calibration bearings, which have been reported to confuse the end users and lead to wrong quantity of drug administration. As a result, many alternative delivery products are preferred and recommended over oral dosing cups. These may include syringes, droppers, and cylindrical spoons. The major restraint for the global oral dosing cups market is in the form of accuracy. Despite the calibration, it has been found that more end users are likely to measure a dose accurately using a syringe, than a dosing cup.
The North America region represents the largest oral dosing cups market, owing to a mature consumer base. There existed some inconsistency regarding the calibration of oral dosing cups in the U.S., wherein some of the products were calibrated in Dram units. Amidst calls for adoption of the metric system, the oral dosing cups market is expected to experience minor turbulence, over the forecast period. The Western Europe and Eastern Europe markets are highly saturated and are expected to remain rather stagnant. The APEJ and the Latin America regions however, provide immense opportunities for growth of the oral dosing cups market. India, which is home to approximately 1/7th of the global population, has a massive immunization program in place which primarily makes use of syringes and droppers to administer drugs. A large population of India does not have access to proper healthcare. Therefore, it provides plenty of opportunities for the dosing cups market to grow.
Global oral dosing cups market: Key Players
Some of the players operating in the global oral dosing cups market are – Comar, Inc., Stiplastics S.A.S, Argo S.A., and Gramb GmbH Kunststoffverarbeitung.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Oral Dosing Cups Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global oral dosing cups market: Segmentation
The global oral dosing cups market has been segmented on the following basis
On the basis of Product Type-
On the basis of Capacity-
- <5 ml
- 5 ml – 15 ml
- 15 ml – 25 ml
- >25 ml
The global oral dosing cups market has been segmented into seven regions -
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Oral Dosing Cups Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Oral Dosing Cups Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Oral Dosing Cups Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Oral Dosing Cups Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)