This Pharmaceutical Propellants market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pharmaceutical Propellants market.
The advancements in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, in order to meet the demand for effective ways to fight different diseases, have led to the development of various drug delivery methods – and pharmaceutical aerosols are one of them. Pharmaceutical aerosols are products that contain therapeutically active ingredients and are packaged under pressure, dissolved or suspended in a propellant and are released upon the activation of a suitable valve system. These pharmaceutical aerosols are generally intended for application on skin, through nose, or mouth. Pharmaceutical propellants are one of the many components of a pharmaceutical aerosol system.
The pharmaceutical propellants can be regarded as the soul of an aerosol system, which develop and supply appropriate pressure to force the product to come out when the valve is opened. The pharmaceutical propellants also act as diluents or solvents and usually define the characteristics of the product when it comes out of the container. The primary function of pharmaceutical propellants is to provide the necessary pressure, delivery and spray characteristics. The proper vapour pressure characteristics of pharmaceutical propellants are highly recommended in order to work consistently with the other aerosol components. Within the aerosol container, the pharmaceutical propellants and product concentrate – including the active ingredient – exist in an equilibrium vapour phase condition. As soon as the valve is opened, the pressure developed inside the container, mainly due to the vapour pressure of the pharmaceutical propellants, forces the product (active ingredient) to come out of the container. Depending upon the use and route of aerosol administration, different types of pharmaceutical propellants are used in a particular aerosol system such as hydrocarbons and compressed gases. Owing to the rise in the usage in the pharmaceutical aerosols, the demand for pharmaceutical propellants is also expected to create fairly optimistic market opportunities over the coming years, and their market is expected to increase at a significant annual growth rate over the forecast period of 2017 – 2027.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
For a very long period of time, the healthcare industry could only provide drugs that are either consumed orally or as injectable. However, with the development of effective medication techniques, time-release pharmaceutical and target area specific medication are becoming more common, though, complex. Researchers have found that the potency or medical effect of a particular drug remains limited or is otherwise reduced before it reaches the affected area in the body, and this is where the drug delivery plays its role. The notion behind the development of novel drug delivery methodologies is to deploy the particular active ingredient at the specific body part within a shorter timeframe so that its effects can be maximized during the treatment. With the same view, the pharmaceutical aerosol system has been developed in which a particular medication can be deployed directly to the affected area in a desired form. Pharmaceutical propellants, being the integral part of aerosol systems, are also gaining the attention of researchers and scientists in the development of aerosol based drug delivery systems. Various advancements in the aerosol based drug delivery systems have been witnessed i.e. in the technology, devices, formulation and application of pulmonary drug delivery systems, wherein, the pharmaceutical propellants are playing a crucial role.
The basic properties of pharmaceutical propellants include chemical inertness, non-toxic, non-flammable, and good vapour pressure characteristics. Various chemical compounds, owning to these properties, have been in use as pharmaceutical propellants, such as, chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) propellants, hydrocarbon based propellants and compressed gas propellants. However, due to the environmental effects, the use of certain CFC based and hydrocarbon based pharmaceutical propellants are being regulated by various government and environmental organizations and manufacturers are focused to develop products aligned with the global trend of sustainability.
Pharmaceutical Propellants Market: Segmentation
Among regions, North America and Europe, collectively, are expected to remain the key markets for pharmaceutical propellants owing to their developed pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. In terms of regulatory affairs, however, the market is expected to remain challenging for the market players. Market in Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit a sustainable growth rate over the coming years, while the market in the Middle East and Africa and Latin America regions is also expected to represent good signs of growth over the forecast period.
Pharmaceutical Propellants Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the key market participants in the global pharmaceutical propellants market include Solvay, SRF Limited, Akzo Nobel N.V., The Linde Group, Yara International and AlzChem AG, among others. Development of environment-friendly products and supplying them at competitive cost remain key strategic points for the market players present in the value chain of the global pharmaceutical propellants market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and Industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pharmaceutical Propellants Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The market for pharmaceutical propellants can be segmented on the basis of type and region. On the basis of type, the pharmaceutical propellants market can be segmented as following:
- Liquefied Gases
- Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC)
- Hydro Chlorofluorocarbons (HCFC)
- Hydro Fluorocarbons (HFC)
- Compressed Gases
- Nitrogen (N2)
- Nitrous Oxide (N2O)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Pharmaceutical Propellants Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Pharmaceutical Propellants Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Pharmaceutical Propellants Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Pharmaceutical Propellants Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.