This Plastic Recycling market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Plastic Recycling market.
Applications of recycled plastics are escalating owing to the advancements in superior recycling technologies. However, at the same time, density of waste plastic is projected to increase as well. Moreover, the modern recycling technologies are generally applicable for comparatively well defined waste streams for instance packaging waste. Packaging is called into subsistence because of the demand from manufacturers & distributors to shield their products. Generated waste plastic disposed off in different treatment facilities. Material recycling, incineration & landfills are the most common treatment facilities. Energy recovery and recycling correspond to each other. Waste-to-energy (WTE) facilities usually pull out recyclable materials such as plastics, paper & glass prior to sending non recyclable wastes to the WTE facility. WTE facilities in North America and Europe have shown higher total diversion rate from landfills and equally higher mechanical recycling rate. The most recycled plastic worldwide is post consumer PET (polyethylene terephthalate), with an improved recovery infrastructure in developed nations. The second most recycled plastic globally is post consumer polyethylene. Recycled PET and polyethylene accounted for almost 70% of total post consumer plastics recycling.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The plastic recycling market can be segmented based on plastic types that are produced commercially. Thermoset plastics and thermoplastic polymers are the two key groups that prominently exist in the plastic’s market. Polylactic acid (PLA) & polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA) are the two new groups of plastics derived from corn that are being used to substitute hydrocarbon-derived thermoplastics in a range of applications. Major steps concerned with post-consumer recycling include collection, sorting, cleaning, size reduction and separation. Primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary are the broad varieties of recycling and recovery methods, which primarily involves mechanical reprocessing into products with certain properties. Tertiary recycling is one of the biological recycling that is composed of biodegradable plastics.
The regional segmentation of plastic recycling market can be done on the basis of flows of plastic waste in terms of imports and exports. The major importers and exporters of plastic recycling market are China, the USA, the Netherlands, Belgium, Japan, Germany and the U.K, wherein China is the largest importing and an exporting country for waste plastics. Shortage of plastic raw material is one of the problems in China, and recycled plastics are important sources, to cover this need. The supply & demand of primary plastics are directly connected to the long term demand of waste plastic in China.
Availability of clean feedstock, coupled with increasing consumer demand, followed by stringent regulations is likely to bolster the market growth. . Dependable detectors & decision and recognition software are the major advancements in the plastic recycling technologies to increase the efficiency and productivity in the plastic recycling sector. Increase in the public awareness has encouraged local authorities and manufacturers for the development of products with recycled substance. The major restraint for plastic recycling market is recycling mixed plastic waste and collection of plastic recyclables. Implementation of policies to minimize environmental impacts can have a huge impact on recycling market. If the variety of materials were to be reorganized then efficiency of post consumer packaging recycling could be considerably increased.
Some of the major players in the plastic recycling market are B & B plastics incorporation, B. Schoenberg & corporation, PARC corporation, Omni resource recovery, Custom polymers incorporation, United plastic recycling, Coll materials/nicos polymers, Maine plastics incorporation, Norwich plastics, APC recycling, NAM polymers etc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Plastic Recycling Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Plastic Recycling Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Plastic Recycling Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Plastic Recycling Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Plastic Recycling Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Plastic Recycling Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.