This Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol market.
Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) Market: Overview
Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) is a thermoplastic polymer obtained by copolymerization of polyethylene Terephthalate and ethylene glycol. This plastic resin belongs to polyester family and finds a wide range of applications including those in food and beverages industry. It is used in manufacture of liquid containers, as well as in certain other packaging and thermoforming applications. Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) is a clear amorphous thermoplastic which can be injection molded, sheet extruded and blow molded. PETG is colorless and exhibits relatively higher transparency. Moreover, PETG exhibits exceptional water and moisture barrier properties. Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) products can be rigid to semi-rigid, depending on the thickness, and are relatively lighter in weight. Some of the other advantages of Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) are that it is fully recyclable, strong and exhibits relatively higher impact-resistant as compared to regular PET resin. Moreover, PETG exhibits relatively higher resistance to heat sealing, ETO and gamma sterilization processes as compared to standard PET which tends to crystallize. Therefore, ability of PETG to resist rigorous ETO sterilization processes renders it appropriate for sterile barrier applications in medical devices and pharmaceuticals packaging, as well as for FDA-complaint food packaging. Furthermore, its usage is not confined to high purity applications, however aesthetic properties and resilience render it ideal for heat sealed and RF sealed blister packaging applications used for small electronic devices, cell phones, and other retail products.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) Market: Dynamics
In term of volume, plastics account for around 35% of the overall global packaging materials market. With the growth of the packaging industry, the demand for plastics in general is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period. Moreover, the demand for packaging materials such as Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) is mainly dominated by food & beverages and healthcare & medical packaging applications. Thus, the growth of the food & beverages industry is, in turn, expected to drive the growth in demand for Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG over the forecast period. Additionally, the regulations pertaining to use of certain plastic materials such as PVC in food & beverages packaging application are expected to lead to rise in demand for alternative materials such as PET, PE and PETG, among others resins. Properties such as relatively lower contamination, UV resistance, recyclability, shock resistance, and relatively lower shrinkage are also expected to drive the growth of Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) market during forecast period.
Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) Market: Regional Outlook
Global Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) market is in its growth phase, Asia pacific market is expected to dominate the global Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) market in terms of both value and volume owing to the presence of large no of end use industries such as food & beverages, healthcare & pharmaceuticals and packaging, among others. Growth in these end use industries in the region is expected to directly contribute to the overall growth of Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) market. North America is the second largest market for Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) followed by Europe. Asia Pacific, North America and Europe are the three key markets for Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) and account for a major share in overall global PETG market. Latin America and MEA are expected to account for relatively lower share in global Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) market.
Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) Market: Market Participants
Some of participants in global Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) market value chain are mentioned below. These manufacturers, collectively, account for a major share in global Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) market
- Eastman Chemical Company
- SK Chemicals
- Liaoyang petrochemical (CNPC)
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) Market: Segmentation
Global Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) market can be segmented on the basis of grades, application, end use and region
On the basis of grade, global Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) market can be segmented as
- Extrusion Grade PETG
- Injection Molding Grade PETG
On the basis of application, global Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) market can be segmented as
- Films & Sheets
- Bottles/ Containers
On the basis of end use, global Polyethylene Terephthalate-Glycol (PETG) market can be segmented as
- Building & Construction
- Food & Beverages
- Electronics & Electricals
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.