An Incisive, In-depth Analysis on the Low Density Polyethylene Market
This study offers a comprehensive, 360 degree analysis on the Low Density Polyethylene market, bringing to fore insights that can help stakeholders identify the opportunities as well as challenges. It tracks the global Low Density Polyethylene market across key regions, and offers in-depth commentary and accurate quantitative insights. The study also includes incisive competitive landscape analysis, and provides key recommendations to market players on winning imperatives and successful strategies.
Low Density Polyethylene Market (LDPE) - Key Research Findings
- The global low density polyethylene (LDPE) market was valued at ~US$ 36 Bn in 2019.
- LDPE market value is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- APEJ is projected to be a high-potential regional market for manufacturers of low density polyethylene through
- The market in Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) is predicted to be highly profitable for low density polyethylene manufacturers, owing to the increasing demand for low density polyethylene (LDPE) in end-use applications, such as films, sheets, and coatings for various industries.
- Some examples include edible products and frozen foods, liquid packaging, agriculture, power cables, etc. LDPE is one of the major materials used in packaging.
- The global packaging industry is expected to account for ~US$ 950 Bn by the end of 2020. This growth in the packaging industry is fueling the growth of the overall low density polyethylene (LDPE) market.
- Moreover, as the population of the APEJ region is increasing rapidly, the region is expected to create higher demand for packaged foods which, in turn, will drive the growth of the LDPE market of the APEJ region.
- The film & sheets segment of the low density polyethylene market is expected to remain the most preferred application type segment in the LDPE market.
- The tubular technology segment is expected to have a high growth rate as compared to the autoclave technology segment.
Key Factors Shaping the Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) Market
Urbanization and Expansion of Construction Industry
Currently, 55% of the world population lived in urban areas. This share is projected to expand to 66% by the year 2050 as per United Nations DESA. Urbanization is increasing rapidly all over the world, which is subsequently expected to fuel the demand for low density polyethylene in the near future. Owing to growing urbanization, the construction industry is expected to augment.
Moreover, low density polyethylene has several applications in the construction industry, both direct and indirect, which will substantially influence its demand. The global construction industry value is expected to increase to around US$ 15 Tn by 2025. This is expected to create significant growth potential in terms of consumption of low density polyethylene, worldwide, during the forecast period.
Improved LDPE Manufacturing Technologies
Prominent manufacturers of low density polyethylene are focusing on improvements in manufacturing technology of LDPE. Technological advancements in quality of product grades, lower production costs, and environmental impact of the product are driving the global players to optimize their production processes. Due to product optimization, newer grades of LDPE are coming into picture, which are not only cost effective but also easy to process.
- For instance, the pyrotechnical safety system, proprietarily designed by Versalis, the chemical company of Eni S.p.A., reduces the probability of aerial explosion in case of ethylene decomposition.
- Clean Tubular Reactor (CTR) Technology developed by SABIC offers options to produce extrusion coating grade LDPE, which is more suitable to autoclave reactors, which have higher installation as well as production costs.
Low Density Polyethylene Market Structure Analysis
- The global low density polyethylene market is a highly consolidated market.
- Manufacturers operating in the low density polyethylene market are focusing on expansion of business through mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
- Key market players also focus on strategies, such as adoption of new technologies to develop innovative products, and further enlargement of distribution channels, which will help increase sales of low density polyethylene.
- In 2018, LyondellBasell Industries N.V acquired A. Schulman, Inc in order to develop Advanced Polymer Solutions (APS) such as engineered plastics, polypropylene compounds, masterbatches, colours and powders, engineered composites, and advanced polymers, which include Catalloy and polybutene-1.
- In May 2015, Formosa Plastics Corp USA has adopted process technologies that is set to be used in polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) new plants in US.
A new report on the low density polyethylene market by FMI provides detailed insights on key factors affecting the growth of the low density polyethylene market, along with historical trends, future growth prospects, market dynamics, competition analysis, and region-wise market breakdown. The research report contains exhaustive market analysis, achieved through meticulous research with maximum precision.
Chapter 01 – Executive Summary
The executive summary of the LDPE market includes a summary of the market trends, key findings, trends, analysis, and recommendations for market growth.
Chapter 02 – Market Overview
Market definition, key inclusions, and market taxonomy of the low density polyethylene market report are covered in this chapter.
Chapter 03 – Key Market Trends
Key market trends currently transforming the low density polyethylene market landscape are presented in this section.
Chapter 04 – Key Success Factors
This chapter provides a list of key success factors for the manufacturers operating in the low density polyethylene market.
Chapter 05 – Global Low Density Polyethylene Market Demand Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
Value analysis and forecast for the LDPE market for the period of 2014-2029 are provided in this chapter.
Chapter 06 – Pricing Analysis
Pricing analysis of LDPE on the basis of product type is mentioned in this chapter. Weighted average price based on region can also be found in this chapter.
Chapter 07 – Global Low Density Polyethylene Market Value Demand Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter provides historical market value for the period 2014-2018 along with market forecast for the projected period of 2019-2029. Absolute $ opportunity and market trends for the LDPE market are also mentioned in this chapter.
Chapter 08 – Market Background
The market background section of the LDPE market report covers macroeconomic factors, drivers, restraints, opportunity analysis, and forecast factors, which are anticipated to influence the growth of the market over the projected period.
Chapter 09 – Global Low Density Polyethylene Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029, by Technology
Based on technology, the LDPE market is segmented into autoclave and tubular. In this chapter, readers can find information about key trends and developments in the low density polyethylene market and market attractiveness analysis.
Chapter 10 – Global Low Density Polyethylene Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029, by Application
This chapter has been classified into film & sheets, extrusion coating, injection moulding, and others. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractiveness analysis based on application.
Chapter 11 – Global Low Density Polyethylene Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029, by Region
This chapter provides low density polyethylene marketgrowth prospects across several geographic regions such as North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South Asia, APEJ, Japan, and MEA (Middle East & Africa).
Chapter 12 – North America Low Density Polyethylene Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of growth trends of the North America low density polyethylene market, pricing analysis, regional trends, along with a country-wise assessment that includes the U.S. and Canada.
Chapter 13 – Latin America Low Density Polyethylene Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
Growth scenario of the low density polyethylene market in Latin American countries like Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and the Rest of Latin America, along with assessment of the market across target segments has been provided in this chapter.
Chapter 14 – Western Europe Low Density Polyethylene Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
Important growth prospects of the low density polyethylene market based on its end users in several countries such as Germany, Italy, France, the U.K., Spain, and the Rest of Western Europe are included in this chapter.
Chapter 15 – Eastern Europe Low Density Polyethylene Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
Important growth prospects of the low density polyethylene market based on its end users in several countries such as Russia, Poland, and the Rest of Eastern Europe are included in this chapter.
Chapter 16 – APEJ Low Density Polyethylene Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter includes growth trends, pricing analysis, regional trends, along with a country-wise assessment of China, India, ASEAN, Oceania, and the Rest of APEJ.
Chapter 17 – Japan Low Density Polyethylene Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
Important growth prospects of the Japan low density polyethylene market are included in this chapter.
Chapter 18 – MEA Low Density Polyethylene market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter highlights the growth of the low density polyethylene market in MEA by focusing on GCC, Israel, Turkey, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa.
Chapter 19 – Market Structure Analysis
In this chapter, detailed information about the competition tier structure analysis and market concentration of key players in the low density polyethylene market, along with their market presence analysis by region and product portfolio, is provided.
Chapter 20 – Competition Analysis
Detailed analysis of key players in the low density polyethylene market with company overview, financial performance, strategic overview, and SWOT analysis can be found in this chapter. Some of the market players featured in the report are ExxonMobil Corporation, LyondellBasell Industries N.V, The Dow Chemical Company, and Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), among others.
Chapter 21 – Assumptions and Acronyms
A list of acronyms and assumptions used in the low density polyethylene report.
Chapter 22 – Research Methodology
A description of research methodology used to obtain the market size of the low density polyethylene market is detailed in the section.