This Convenience Food market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Convenience Food market.
Over the years, the convenience food market has made life easier for man, owing to its ability to provide a complete meal that has been pre-prepared, and requires little or no further preparation by consumers before it can be consumed. People are attracted to this kind of meal due to the lack of cooking skills, fatigue, and change in consumers' demography (increasing urbanization, especially in the Asia Pacific). The global packaged and processed food industry is expected to experience significant growth in the next few years owing to consumers' lifestyles.
Convenience Food Market Driven by Change in Consumer Lifestyle
The demand for dinner time solutions by present-day consumers is increasing rapidly, as meal consumption behavior amongst consumers is shifting drastically. While individuals increasingly lack the time and skill to prepare food in their homes, many consumers are willing to spend money in the ready to eat market. And this factor has increased the demand for convenience food retail market.
The corona-virus pandemic is another driving force changing the lifestyle of consumers towards consuming convenience foods because most nations are forced to restrict movement and lockdown their borders. The need for pre-prepared meals is paramount within this period, especially in the US, where the pandemic is hitting the nation hard.
This factor is restructuring the human lifestyle as well as growing the convenience food market, and this is what food and beverage industries are using as leverage to increase their production during this period as the demand for their products is rising steadily
Robust Government Initiative to allow COVID-19 Pandemic Favour The Sales of Ready to Eat Food
In the current scenario, the demand for convenience foods is gaining a significant boost from governments giving the order that only supermarkets and formally registered markets should remain open so that consumers' daily necessities can be easily accessed.
A lot of people believe that the spike will be short-lived as preventive measures are put in place to stop the spread of the coronavirus so that life can be back to normal. But experts believe that humans are always striving towards living a convenient lifestyle, and this is what the pandemic has caused, so the effect of this on the convenience food market will be long-lasting.
Convenience Food Market Restraints
One of the significant challenges faced by the convenience food retail market is the lack of proper storage, processing, and packaging facilities, which are often threats to frozen foods. The increase in the number of stringent regulations is another force restricting the market from growing. Companies are finding it challenging to abide by the rules and regulations given by governments. Lastly, people are becoming more conservative in consuming convenience foods due to their exposure to the side effects of the preservatives. And if proper amendments are not out in place to curb these restraints, the convenience food retail market might experience a decline in the global market.
Convenience Food Market: Region-wise Analysis
Europe remains the primary market for convenience retail food as consumers in the UK live busy and hectic lifestyles, reducing their time to prepare food. This lifestyle has made people from this region switch to consuming frozen foods, dried and canned meals.
In addition to the UK, countries in North America and Europe are significant markets for convenience food. The change in consumer lifestyle due to the pandemic will fuel the growth of these regions.
Convenience Market: Competitive Landscape
- Amy's Kitchen, Inc.
- Cargill, Incorporated
- ConAgra Foods, Inc.
- General Mills, Inc.
- Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Mondelz International, Inc.
- Kraft Foods Group Inc.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Convenience Food Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Convenience Food Market Segment Analysis
The convenience food market can be segmented on the following basis:
- Frozen foods
- Canned foods
- Ready to eat snacks
- Chilled foods
- Supermarkets and hypermarkets
- Departmental stores
- Mom and Pop shops
- Convenience stores
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Convenience Food Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Convenience Food Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Convenience Food Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Convenience Food Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)