This Power Resistor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Power Resistor market.
Power Resistor Market: Introduction
In an electric circuit, power resistors endure and distribute a huge amount of power. This power dissipation by a power resistor results in accelerated increase in temperature, after which the power resistor starts dissipating power through the circuit board and the surrounding atmosphere. In order to minimize this kind of dissipation and the consequential hazardous failure conditions, raw materials having high thermal conductivity are used to develop power resistors. These constituents of power resistors enable efficient cooling. Power resistors are often coupled with heat sinks to facilitate the efficient dissipation of high power. Under maximum load, some power resistors require air- or water-based forced cooling.
Today, the companies in operating in the power resistor market are focusing on developing power resistors that dissipate huge amount of power, while keeping their size as small as possible. With regards to the resistor technology, the companies offer power resistors as wired resistors and power resistors having metal foil in their TO housing.
Power Resistor Market: Drivers & Challenges
Power resistors made of high thermal conductivity materials, especially carbon composite resistors, have the ability to endure high energy pulses. This mitigates the risk of circuit damage or failure. Also, most of the raw materials required to develop power resistors are not much expensive. If the standard usage specifications are met, power resistors are very reliable, efficient and long lasting. These factors are expected to drive the growth of the global power resistor market over the forecast period.
However, due to humane error, operating power resistors above their specified power rating results in highly exothermal conditions. This causes severe consequences, such as the resistor can ignite and destroy the circuitry. Some other consequences of operating power resistors above the rated power include, short circuits, reduction in circuit and power resistor life span, and a shift in the overall resistance value. These factors challenge the growth of the global power resistor market.
Power Resistor Market: Regional Outlook
North America is expected to hold a large share in the global power resistor market and is expected to maintain a balanced growth rate over the forecast period. The growth of the power resistor market in North America is attributed to the ever-rising growth in the field of electronics. Besides, the large presence of power resistor services and solution providers is also expected to drive the growth of the power resistor market in the region.
During the forecast period, Japan and China are expected to be the fast-growing countries in Asia Pacific market as compared to others.
Power Resistor Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global power resistor market are Ohmite Mfg Co; Vishay Intertechnology; MEGATRON Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG; Viking Tech Corporation; NTE Electronics Inc.; Murata Electronics; Micro-Ohm Corp.; Meritek Electronics Corp.; Kyocera; CTS Corp.; Barry Industries Inc.; Anaren; Aeroflex; Component General Inc.; and EBG Inc., among others.
The Power Resistor Market Report covers exhaustive analysis on:
Power Resistor Market Segments
- Power Resistor Market Segments
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Power Resistor Market Size & Forecast 2018 to 2028
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Power Resistor Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Pedestrian entrance control system Technology
- Value Chain
- Power Resistor Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Power Resistor Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Power Resistor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Power Resistor Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, the global power resistor market is segmented into:
- Nichrome wire resistors
- Carbon composite resistors
- Metal film resistors
- Film resistors
- Cement resistors
- Wire wound resistors
With regards to the typical application of power resistors, the global power resistor market can be segmented into:
- Neutral grounding resistors
- Load banks
- Engine braking
- Other applications (heaters, power conversion, et cetera)
Each type of power resistors find applications in different fields, and specifications of power resistors, such as the required wattage, differ with every application.
By power rating, the global power resistor market can be segmented into:
- 1 Watt – 10 Watts
- 10 Watts – 20 Watts
- 20 Watts – 30 Watts
- 30 Watts – 40 Watts
- 40 Watts – 50 Watts
- Above 50 Watts
With respect to the form factor, the global power resistor market can be segmented into:
- Through hole resistors
- Surface mount resistors
- Axial resistors
- Radial resistors (Standing resistors)
- Chassis mount resistors
- DPAK resistors
Power Resistor Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Power Resistor Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Power Resistor Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Power Resistor Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Power Resistor Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.