Pre-made Pouch Packaging Market – Key Research Findings
- The global pre-made pouch packaging market size in 2018 Nearly US$ 8.7 Bn.
The pre-made pouch packaging market is expected to witness a CAGR of over 4.0%, during 2019-2029.
- Europe is expected to lead the global pre-made pouch packaging market in terms of market value share, accounting for nearly 1/4 of the global market.
Europe is expected to represent an incremental $ opportunity of US$ 1 Bn, by the end of 2029.
- Among various material types, the plastic segment led the charts, followed by aluminum laminates, in 2018. This prominence can be attributed to sustained preference for PE in the manufacturing of pre-made pouch packaging.
The multilayer plastic structure enhances the barrier properties of pouches, thereby increasing the shelf life of the packaged products. This aids in reducing wastage occurring throughout the supply chain.
Leading manufacturers of pre-made pouch packaging are expanding their product portfolio through expansion and strategic mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations to enhance their core competencies.
The tear notch segment is one of the most promising segments in the global pre-made pouch packaging market. It is the most commonly used closure for day-to-day applications.
- However, with the emerging demand for re-sealable closures, zipper and spout closures are anticipated to gain substantial market share in the global pre-made pouch packaging market during the period of forecast.
Key Factors Shaping the Global Pre-made Pouch Packaging Market
Growing Demand for Packaged Food to Propel the Demand for Pre-made Pouch Packaging
Pouch packaging is an effective solution that helps in preserving packaged food by extending its shelf life. As the snacking trend is witnessing a rise, usage of single-serve, as well as re-sealable flexible packaging solutions is growing. Furthermore, the use of pre-made pouch packaging helps in reducing food wastage occurring throughout the supply chain. Thus, growth is expected to be driven by convenience and sustainability benefits pre-made pouch packaging promises to offer.
Cost Efficiency of Pre-made Pouch Packaging
Pre-made pouches are lighter in weight than other conventional packaging formats such as metal cans, jars, etc. which results in reduced cost of transportation. This has led to a shift in preference of brand owners towards pouch packaging. Pre-made pouch packaging has turned out to be one of the most efficient and economical packaging solutions for brand owners operating in the packaged food industry.
Pre-made Pouch Packaging Market Structure Analysis
- The global pre-made pouch packaging market is fragmented due to the active presence of a number of regional players.
- Key companies, i.e. the tier 1 players in the pre-made pouch packaging market, include Bemis Company Inc., Sealed Air Corporation, Berry Global Group, Inc., and Mondi Group plc.
- Leading manufacturers in the pre-made pouch packaging market are following the path of strategic mergers & acquisitions to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
- In 2017,ProAmpac Holdings LLCcompleted the acquisition of Trinity Packaging Corporation, a leading film extruder.
- In 2017, Sonoco Products Company;completed the acquisition of Clear Lam Packaging Inc.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Pre-made Pouch Packaging to Capture Market Share as Flexible Packaging Gains Ground
Pre-made pouch packaging solutions are gaining ground as they are lightweight, aesthetically appealing, and convenient to carry. The visual appeal of these pouches aids in stirring consumer interest and achieving product differentiation. Hence, brand owners are preferring pre-made pouch packaging solutions over their rigid counterparts.
Furthermore, pre-made pouch packaging manufacturers are focusing on offering pouches, which are easy-to-open, easy-to-close, and re-sealable. They are also providing specific fitments and closures so as to reach out to more and more applications. Future Market Insights’ analysis is aimed to provide a holistic view of the evolution of the pre-made pouch packaging landscape.
Pre-made Pouch Packaging Market Projected to Grow 1.5X between 2019 and 2029
The pre-made pouch packaging market is expected to register steady growth during the next ten years, driven by the growing demand for packaged & processed food and increasing preference for flexible packaging solutions over their rigid packaging counterparts. As demand for lightweight packaging solutions is surging, it is expected to translate into growth opportunities for the global pre-made pouch packaging market.
Untapped Growth Potential for Pre-made Pouch Packaging in South & East Asia Regions
Penetration of pre-made pouch packaging is rather low in countries of South & East Asia, which is why, huge growth potential remains untapped. However, signs of gradual penetration of pre-made pouch packaging in these regions can be noticed, especially with innovative products coming up in the market. Therefore, the global pre-made pouch packaging market is expected to grow and find remunerative opportunities in these regions.
The FMI Perspective
Increasing consumer demand for flexible packaging solutions has compelled participants across the value chain to rethink their strategies so as to optimize their efficiency. It is anticipated that manufacturers will continue to pursue M&A to enhance their capabilities and expand geographical presence in an attempt to lure more consumers inclined towards flexibility and convenience. The demand for transparency and aesthetic product appeal will continue to influence buying decisions.
How Growth will Unfold
The tear notch segment will continue its momentum of growth in demand, whereas, flip lids & others will witness a steady gain in growth rate in the global pre-made pouch packaging market during the forecast period.
PRE-MADE POUCH PACKAGING MARKET TAXONOMY
The global pre-made pouch packaging market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to the reader.
By Closure Type
- Tear Notch
- Flip Lid & Others
By Material Type
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyamide (PA)
- Aluminum laminates
By End-use Industry
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Meat Poultry and Seafood
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Dairy Products
- Pet Food
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa