This Radiotherapy Motion Management market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Radiotherapy Motion Management market.
During delivery of radiation dose to patient, tumor motion due to respiratory motion may result in varied dose to the target volume and the normal tissue surrounding it. Thus there is a need to control or mange the motion of the tumor during the treatment. Radiotherapy motion management systems are products that offer solution to the tumor movement management. Traditionally radiotherapy motion management was done by the breath holding method. However this method is not as effective as the latest technology available to controls the radiation to the target site. Primarily patient immobilization systems are used to restrict the motion of patients. Thermoplastic are one of the most common products used to restrict patient moment. However, these patient immobilization systems are not sufficient to control the moment of tumor. This because technology is advancing to increase the precision of the radiation dose to the target. Thus, even small movement of the tumor such as 5mm could also adversely affect the radiation treatment to the target tissue. These small movement is caused due to involuntary movement of the body and organs such as breathing movement. Thus there is a need for advanced radiation motion management systems such as intrafraction radiotherapy motion management system. Movement caused due to cough, breathing and bowl peristalsis can be controlled using intrafraction radiotherapy motion management. Abdominal compression systems, respiratory grating systems and spirometric motion management systems are some of the intrafraction radiotherapy motion management systems that are popularly used for thoracic and abdominal tumors.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Radiotherapy Motion Management Market: Drivers and Restraints
Rise in adoption of radiation therapy, expansion of external treatment options for cancer, rise in number of installation of radiotherapy systems, increase in incidence of cancer globally are some of the factors that drive the growth of the radiotherapy motion management market. However, some factors such as strong competition among players reducing the cost of consumables due to pricing pressure may hinder the growth of the radiotherapy motion management market. Furthermore, need for customization and compatibility with radiotherapy systems increases the cost of the intrafraction radiotherapy motion management systems could affect the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Radiotherapy Motion Management Market: Overview
The radiotherapy motion management market is categories based on product type as patient immobilization systems and intrafraction radiotherapy motion management systems. Patient immobilization systems is further categorized as thermoplastics, vacuum cushions and others. The Intrafraction radiotherapy motion management systems is categorized as abdominal compression devices, respiratory grating systems and spirometric motion management systems. Patient immobilization systems are the most common and basic method of restricting the motion of patients during radiation therapy. However, due to the high cost of the Intrafraction radiotherapy motion management , it is expected to lead the radiotherapy motion management market among the product type. Hospitals and radiation therapy centers are expected to occupy the maximum share of the radiotherapy motion management market.
Radiotherapy Motion Management Market: Regional Outlook
North America is expected to occupy a dominant share in the radiotherapy motion management market. This is primarily due to the high adoption of latest technology, increased R&D spending, rise in adoption of radiation therapy, and increased cancer diagnosis rate. Owing to the rising incidence of cancer in the Asia Pacific region, the growth of the radiotherapy motion management is expected to be maximum in this region.
Radiotherapy Motion Management Market: Key Players
Some of the Key players in the Radiotherapy Motion Management market include, Promis Electro-Optics bv, Accuray Incorporated, Elekta AB, Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Brainlab, CIVCO Radiotherapy, Klarity Medical Products, Qfix, Orfit Industries NV, and others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Radiotherapy Motion Management Market Segments
- Radiotherapy Motion Management Market Dynamics
- Radiotherapy Motion Management Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Radiotherapy Motion Management Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Radiotherapy Motion Management Market: Segmentation
The global Radiotherapy Motion Management market is segmented by product type, end user and region:
Based on the product type, the global Radiotherapy Motion Management market is segmented into:
- Patient Immobilization Systems
- Vacuum Cushions
- Intrafraction radiotherapy motion management System
- Abdominal compression devices
- Respiratory grating systems
- Spirometric Motion Management System
Based on the end user, the global Radiotherapy Motion Management market is segmented into:
- Radiation Therapy Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Radiotherapy Motion Management Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Radiotherapy Motion Management Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Radiotherapy Motion Management Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Radiotherapy Motion Management Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)