This Smart Sensor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Smart Sensor market.
Smart sensors are also called as intelligent sensors, it is a combination of sensor and interfering circuit. Smart sensors are basically used for digital processing i.e. for analog to digital conversion and it can be used across various industries such as consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, medical, security & defence and entertainment because of increasing use of sensing element and process controls in this sectors. Smart sensors are also used for various activities like decision making, it helps in two-way communication and logic function.
Smart sensors offers various advantages such as high performance, high reliability, smaller in size, low power consumption, wireless, easy to design & maintain, and required minimal interconnecting cables. Disadvantages of smart sensor can be it is more complex as compare to traditional sensors as it consist of both sensor and interfering circuit which ultimately increases the cost of sensor and external processor is required for managing sensor calibration. Though disadvantages are there, advantages outweigh it.
Smart Sensor Market: Drivers and Restraints
Smart sensor market is expected to grow in coming years due to increase in demands of consumer electronics and automobiles. Use of smart sensors are also increasing in smartphones and computer devices with touch screen display. Drivers responsible for the growth of smart sensor markets are technological advancement, increasing use of smart sensors in various industries like logistic, defence and healthcare, increasing demand of wireless smart sensor and energy saving functions of smart sensors. Increased terrorism activity and security issues further highlighting the importance of smart sensor in counter terrorism applications. On the other hand lack of privacy, complex structure, high replacement as well as deployment cost and lack of customization act as a restraining factor for smart sensor market. Market growth opportunity for smart sensor technology is that, it will be used more effectively in biomedical and health care sector and also use of smart sensor in wearable devices expand the scope of application.
Smart Sensor Market: Segmentation
Market segmentation for smart sensor is done on the basis of region, application and type. By region, global smart sensor market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific (excluding Japan), Japan as a separate region and Middle East and Africa. Western Europe region represented the largest market worldwide whereas Asia-Pacific is ranked as fasted growing market because of rapid industrialization pace, strong economic development and strengthening manufacturing activity especially in India and china.
By application, global smart sensor market can be segmented into consumer electronics, automobiles, industrial, infrastructure, medical, food and beverages and avionics. In industrial applications smart sensors are used for proper collection and processing of information, also smart sensors have emerging application for environmental pollution control in industrial sector, in Automobile applications smart sensors are used widely for air bag systems, in aerospace application, smart sensors are used for traffic alert and collision avoidance system. By types, global smart sensor market can be segmented into touch sensors, flow sensors, smart temperature sensor, turbidity sensor and smart position sensor.
Smart Sensor Market: Key Players
Key players into global smart sensor market are ABB LTD., Customer Sensor & Technologies Inc., Analog Devices Inc., Eaton Corporation Plc., Honeywell International, Inc., NXP Semiconductors, Infineon Technologies AG and Emerson Process Management. Key players are spending heavily on their research and development activity in order to launch new products for better market coverage. For example ABB LTD. launched new generation fibre optic current sensors for high voltage application. Analog Devices Inc. introduces fully integrated industrial smart sensor ADuCM360 which helped in delivery highest accuracy analog conversions to industrial sector.
Global smart sensor market is showing lucrative growth for coming years with increasing application of smart sensors into various industries, technological advancement in end-user segment, and acceptance of advanced technology like Micro- Electromechanical System and Optical spectroscopy, which creates great opportunity for market players for growth.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Smart Sensor Market Segments
- Smart Sensor Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Smart Sensor Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Smart Sensor Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Smart Sensor Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Smart Sensor Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Smart Sensor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Smart Sensor Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Smart Sensor Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Smart Sensor Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Smart Sensor Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Smart Sensor Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.