This Superconducting Wire market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Superconducting Wire market.
Superconductivity is a phenomenon exhibited by superconductors, in which the material exhibits no electrical resistance below a certain cryogenic temperature. Superconducting wires are made from superconducting materials of several types. These wires, when cooled below their transition temperature gain the ability to carry electricity indefinitely without any resistance or loss of energy and zero power dissipation with higher current density as compared to copper or aluminum wires. Due to its properties, superconducting wire finds its application in medical industry, electrical and electronics industry, military, and defense. Whereas, one of the major applications of superconducting wire is in superconducting magnet, which is mainly used in medical as well as in scientific equipment in which there is a need for high magnetic field. Superconductor magnets are extensively used in MRI/NMR (magnetic resonance imaging) machines. It is also used in particle accelerator as beam steering magnet and in mass spectrometers.
Superconducting wires are also used in transformers, in power storage devices, smart grid as well as in electric motors. Superconducting wires are of two types, high-temperature superconducting wires and low-temperature superconducting wires, on the basis of temperature at which the conductor/wire needs to be cooled to make it a superconductor. The high-temperature superconducting wire is made up of superconducting material with high critical temperatures (high superconductivity) such as YBCO and BSCCO. The high-temperature superconducting wire has the ability to achieve the superconducting state at a temperature of 77K, which can be attained using inexpensive liquid nitrogen. However, low-temperature superconducting wires require a temperature as low as 4 K to achieve superconductivity, which can be easily attained with the use of liquid helium. Low-temperature superconducting wires are more successful in commercial use. Clinical MRI is one of the major commercial applications of superconductivity and remains the major market today.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The market of superconducting wire is expected to rise significantly due to increasing demand for superconductors in computer chip design technology in the electronics industry and MRI systems in medical applications. Moreover, advancements in the medical field and significant demand for highly efficient electric motor will have a positive impact on superconducting wire market. Also, increasing demand for semiconducting wires in many end use applications such as MRI, particle accelerator and mass spectrometer will also boost the market in the forecast period. However, lack of acceptance with respect to reliability and high cost will hamper the market growth. Also, the volatility in the prices of raw materials such as yttrium will also act as a restraint to the growth of superconducting wire market.
Superconducting Wire Market: Regional Outlook
Europe holds a significant share in the global Superconducting Wire Market in terms of demand. The Superconducting Wire Market in North America is expected to grow at a substantial rate over the forecast period. In Asia-Pacific, development of smart cities with strict energy-efficiency standards will bolster the superconducting wire market. Market in rest of the world is estimated to account for a relatively small share in the global Superconducting Wire Market.
Superconducting Wire Market: Market Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, type of product and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Superconducting Wire Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Superconducting Wire Market:Market Segmentation
- Segmentation ofsuperconducting wire market can be doneon the basis of the end use industry as follows:
- Pharmaceutical & Healthcare
- Military & Defence
- Electrical and Electronics
- Railways Industry
- Segmentation of Superconducting Wire Market can be doneon the basis of material used as follows:
- Yttrium barium copper oxide
- Bismuth strontium calcium copper oxide
- Stainless steel
- Segmentation of superconducting wire Market can be doneon the basis of type as follows:
- High temperature super conducting wire
- High temperature super conducting wire
- Segmentation of superconducting wire Market can be doneon the basis of application as follows:
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Electric motors
- particle accelerator
Some of the examples of the market participants in the global superconducting wire market, identified across the value chain are:
- Fujikura Ltd. (Japan)
- American Superconductor Corporation (U.S.),
- Bruker Corporation (U.S.)
- Superconductor Technologies Inc. (U.S.)
- Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Japan Superconductor Technology, Inc.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Supercon Inc.
- Theva Dünnschichttechnik GmbH
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Superconducting Wire Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Superconducting Wire Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Superconducting Wire Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Superconducting Wire Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.