This Traction Transformer market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Traction Transformer market.
Over the past decades, transformers have been used in railway traction, as it was considered to be the most prominent alternative to the conventional fossil-fuel-based traction systems. Today, it is one of the most vital components of an electric traction system as it feeds power at safe voltages to essential train functions like traction, lighting, heating and ventilation, passenger information, brakes, signalling and communication. Traditionally made of iron and copper, these transformers are among the heavier components on a train. It tend to occupy more space and weight resulting in increase in train axle load and need for additional energy. Therefore manufacturers globally are developing new type of traction transformer with improved both in structure and performance for application in freight and passenger locomotives, tram-trains, regional trains, and high-speed trains. Traction transformers are mostly design and manufactured in accordance to specific railway system and based on detailed parameters. The system can be divided into two major groups, AC (alternating current) and DC (direct current) systems.
Traction Transformer Market: Drivers and Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Traction Transformer Market: Segmentation
Traction transformer market can be segmented on the basis of type of system, voltage, location, application and regions. On the basis of system the traction transformer market can be segmented into AC (alternating current) and DC (direct current) systems. On the basis of voltage, the traction transformer market can be segmented as 15 kV, 25 kV, 1.5 kV, 3 kV and 1.2 kV. Whereas the location segment in the traction transformer market may include underframe, machine room, and roof. Application segment in the traction transformer market can be classified into high-speed trains, regional trains, electric locomotives, tram-trains, AC metros, and others. Regionally, traction transformer market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East and Africa.
Traction Transformer Market: Regional Outlook
Traction transformer market is dominated by the Western Europe followed by North America region. Western Europe dominance is attributed to presence of major players based in the region. On the other hand, Asia Pacific Excl. Japan, and Japan is expected to grow at a significantly as compared to the other region in the traction transformer market and will see a good growth rate in the future. Asia Pacific Excl. Japan is expected to great opportunities traction transformer market due increasing government funding and provision for the development and implementation of high-speed trains and metros in the country are driving the growth of the traction transformer market in this region. Eastern Europe, Latin America and MEA is expected to see a moderate growth rate in the traction transformer market.
Traction Transformer Market: Competition Landscape
Among the prominent players involved in traction transformer market, companies such as ABB Ltd, Alstom SA, Siemens AG, and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation among others are focusing on organic as well as inorganic strategies to strengthen their position in the traction transformer market. For instance, in September 2016, ABB Ltd, launched its next-generation traction transformer named Effilight, designed to reduce the weight of on-board components and ensure more energy-efficient rail networks.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Traction Transformer Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Traction transformer Market Segments
- Traction transformer Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Traction transformer Points Size & Forecast 2016 To 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Traction transformer Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Traction transformer
- Traction transformer Value Chain
- Traction transformer Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Traction transformer Market includes
- Traction transformer Market, By North America
- US & Canada
- Traction transformer Market, By Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Traction transformer Market, By Western Europe
- Traction transformer Market, By Eastern Europe
- Rest Of Eastern Europe
- Traction transformer Market, By Asia Pacific
- Australia And New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest Of Asia Pacific
- Traction transformer Market, By Japan
- Traction transformer Market, By Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.