The demand for a varied oscillation output led to the introduction of voltage controlled oscillators. Replacement of one of the two capacitors with a varactor, with innovations in technology, led to the invention of voltage controlled oscillators. The major factor contributing to voltage controlled oscillators growth was the ability to generate oscillations with respect to the input provided as the product had more applications when compared with a conventional oscillator. The primary applications of a voltage controlled oscillators was in an electronic jamming equipment, FM modulation and for the production of different types of noise and electronic music owing to its increased demand.
Voltage Controlled Oscillators operate on a specified range of operating voltage which limits its applications after a threshold voltage. Usually, the maximum voltage on which voltage controlled oscillator functions lies between 23V - 25V.
Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market: Drivers and Restraints
Voltage Controlled Oscillators are smaller in size, provides high temperature stability, immunity against false signals, adjustable bandwidth and enables a programmable carrier frequency which were the limitations offered by the conventional oscillators. These enhanced features of voltage controlled oscillators are the primary factors driving its growth. The ability of the voltage controlled oscillator to generate varying frequency oscillations, with a change in input voltage, furthermore, increases its applications in industries such as military and networking. In addition to this, an increased demand for voltage controlled oscillators is accounted because of its large output frequency range.
Voltage controlled oscillators produces high phase noises limiting its applications. Furthermore, introduction of high-end oscillators functioning over MEMS technology, providing enhanced features, has resulted into a reduction in adoption of voltage controlled oscillators.
Global Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market Technology Regional Overview
APAC is presently the most technological advanced region for voltage controlled oscillators. In addition to this, the maximum number of manufacturers and vendors are also present in APAC region. Henceforth, APAC is expected to dominate the global voltage controlled oscillators market. North America and Europe, with a comparatively fewer resources, are expected to follow APAC in the global voltage controlled oscillators market.
Global Voltage Controlled Oscillators Key Players
Some of the major Voltage Controlled Oscillators global players include SiTime Corp., SEIKO EPSON CORP., Texas Instruments Incorporated, ON Semiconductor, Silicon Laboratories, MACOM, Crystek Corporation, Analog Devices, Inc., BOWEI Integrated Circuits CO.,LTD. and FUJITSU.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market Segments
- Global Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2016
- Global Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain for Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market
- Global Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market
- Voltage Controlled Oscillators Technology
- Value Chain of Voltage Controlled Oscillators
- Global Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market includes
- North America Market
- Latin America Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Market
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Market
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Japan Market
- Middle East and Africa Market
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market: Market Segmentation
Global Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market can be divided into the following segments - based on Type, Oscillation Type and Applications.
Segmentation on basis of Oscillation Type for Voltage Controlled Oscillators Market:
- Quartz Oscillator
- Silicon Oscillator
The major segments of Voltage Controlled Oscillators market on basis of oscillation type include:
- Linear or Harmonic Oscillators
- Relaxation Oscillators
- The advantages of harmonic oscillators such as higher frequency stability and enhanced accuracy for frequency control, over relaxation oscillators, accounts for its increasing demand.
Segmentation on basis of Applications forVoltage Controlled Oscillators Market:
- Consumer Electronics
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.