Accounting for More Than 30% of 3D Bioprinting, Orthopedic Implants Emerge as Application Area: FMI
Academic institutes and hospitals use 3D printing technology to develop various models for training purposes. The technology is increasing used in bio printing where biomaterials such as growth factors and cells are combined with bioink to create tissue-like structures that imitate natural tissues. The global 3D bioprinting market is estimated to surpass US$ 1.2 Bn by 2021, at the market CAGR of 13% during the forecast period (2020-2030), as per a new report by Future Market Insights (FMI).
3d Bio Printing Market
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights (FMI) on the 3D bioprinting mark...
3D bioprinting has immense potential to facilitate organ transplants and drug discovery. 3D printing can copy the actual macro and micro-environment of human organs and tissues which can solve the organ transplant crisis. Advancements in 3D printing technology and its promising applications in the healthcare industry are expected to increase the sale of 3D bioprinting over the forecast period.
As per the report, the technology will find increasing application in orthopedic implants manufacturing. The orthopedic implants segment is in fact forecast to account for over 30% of the market in terms of application.
Key Takeaways from 3D bioprinting Marker Study
- Exhibiting a little below 13% Y-o-Y growth in 2021, 3D bioprinting market will exhibit solid growth
- The U.S. will register high demand, accounting for nearly 95% of sales in North America
- Demand in U.K. is expected to rise significantly, exhibiting above 11% Y-o-Y growth in 2021
- France and Germany too will register high demand
- In East Asia, China and Japan are expected to emerge as key market
“Launch of innovative 3D printers and application of 3D bioprinting in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, medical device manufacturing will augment the growth of global 3D bioprinting market” says the FMI Analyst
Acquisitions, Partnerships and expansion are key Strategic Focus of 3D bioprinting Market Players
Leading players in the 3D bioprinting market on strengthening their market position though the Acquisition, Partnerships and expansion. For Instance,
- In January 2021, 3D Systems announced its regenerative and bioprinting solutions expansion by actively investing in the regenerative areas, in collaboration with United Therapeutics Corporation.
- In December 2019, GE Healthcare Life Sciences collaborated with Advanced Solutions Life Sciences (ASLS), a Kentucky-based biotechnology firm, to build an integrated 3D bioprinter by combining their digital advanced technologies.
- In January 2020, GE Healthcare Life Sciences introduced a new additive manufacturing (AM) facility in Umeå, Sweden that will be dedicated to integrating 3D-printed parts into the company’s production of bio manufacturing equipment. With $2 million in backing, the new center is expected to increase biopharma manufacturers’ access to state-of-the-art technologies
Who is Winning?
The global market is set to expand its scope in the forecast period, due to rising prevalence of orthopedic disease globally and adoption of 3D bioprinting at various stages of development of orthopedic implants by medical manufacturers. In addition to this, cost effectiveness and increase adaption of 3D bioprinting in dental and regenerative medicine application has augmented the sales of 3D bioprinting.
The key market players covered by FMI include 3D Systems, Inc, GE Healthcare (Concept Laser, Arcam AB), EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems, Renishaw plc, Stratasys Ltd, Ltd, EnvisionTEC, Formlabs, Inc And Organovo Holdings Inc, and Advanced Solutions Life Sciences, consolidating their positions through mergers, acquisitions and new product launches.
Want more insights?
Future Market Insights brings the comprehensive research report on forecasted revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2015 to 2030. The global 3D bioprinting market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader. The study provide compelling insights on 3D bioprinting market on basis of technology in detail cover every aspects of the market such as (Stereolithography (SLA), Selective Laser Sintering, Electron Beam Melting, Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM), Laminated Object Manufacturing (LOM), Inkjet Printing, Multi-phase Jet Solidification), Application (Surgical Simulation and Training Models, Prosthetic Devices, Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, Orthopedic Implants, Dental Implants, Medical Sensors and Others) and End User (Medical Device Manufacturers, Pharmaceutical Companies, Research & Academic Institutions and Contract Research Organizations) across seven major regions.
About the Healthcare Division at Future Market Insights
Future Market Insights facilitates corporates, government, investors, and associated audiences in the healthcare sector to identify and accentuate vital aspects applicable to product strategy, regulatory landscape, technology evolution, and other crucial issues to achieve sustainable success. Our unique approach to gathering market intelligence equips you in devising innovation-driven trajectories for your business. Know more about our sector coverage here
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Digital Pathology Market
- Healthcare Regulatory Affairs Outsourcing Market
- Cold Plasma Market
- Hdl Cholesterol Kits Market
- General Anesthesia Drugs Market
- Clinical Trials Market
- Electronic Medical Records Market
- Injectable Drug Delivery Market
- Microfluidics Market
- Lab Automation Market
- Lung Cancer Surgery Market
- Veterinary Vaccines Market
- Prescription Delivery Services Market
- Vital Signs Monitoring Devices Market
- Weight Loss And Obesity Management Market