Compound Semiconductor Material Sales to Climb at 7.2% CAGR through 2030
Compound semiconductor materials are critical building blocks for next-gen electrification technologies, and are slated to be at the core of nearly every prominent industrial sector of the 21st century. Recent analysis by Future Market Insights (FMI) reveals that global compound semiconductor material market will grow at 7.2% CAGR through 2030.
Compound Semiconductor Materials Market
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights (FMI) on the compound semiconduc...
Think tanks in various regions are striving to develop new materials and device technologies to keep pace with rapidly emerging gallium nitride (GaN) power device industry.
The semiconductor manufacturing space has been progressing considerably over the past decade, owing to advancements in nanotechnology. At present, nanoparticles are utilized in doping process to develop semiconductor sensors accenting substantially high scales of accuracy.
Compound Semiconductor Materials Market
- Market to grow at 7.2% CAGR over 2020-2030
- Adoption of silicon carbide (SiC) based compound semiconductor materials to surge in coming years
- LED epitaxial wafers and lasers to remain key application areas
- Presence of well-established technology space to drive markets in North America and Europe
COVID-19 Impact on Compound Semiconductor Materials Market
As the COVID-19 pandemic rages across continents, market players are swiftly changing their manufacturing practices and focusing on priorities to fulfil the demand of pandemic that has capped the need for market-centric semiconductor materials.
Export-reliant regions are already at the wrong end of the COVID-19 curve, amid uncertainties in global economy. While various manufacturers of compound semiconductor materials are either shutting down or reducing their production due to inadequate downstream demand, some have suspended their production units as a preventive measure by the governments of respective countries to battle the COVID-19 contagion.
- Samsung Electronics shut down its operations in South Korea in March 2020, and for about 45 days in India from March through April 2020.
- Qorvo reduced its manufacturing for Q1 of 2020 and anticipates the revenue to dip as the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting smartphone production and consumer demand more than expected.
“Nanotechnology is broadly used in production of compound semiconductor materials with significantly huge surface area to volume ratio, leading to materials with greater surface area depending aspects, which are leveraged for manufacturing electronic devices. In addition, the technology is commonplace in manufacturing of semiconductor devices for smartphones and automotive industry,” says analyst at FMI.
Compound Semiconductor Materials Market – Competitive Intelligence
The global compound semiconductor materials market is highly fragmented, given presence of tech-driven players emphasizing on product differentiation. Majority of players are zeroing in on capacity expansions and product launches in order to cater to rising demand, for instance,
- With silicon carbide (SiC) wafers running short in supply, Cree is striving to boost its capability by almost 30X by 2024 and to allocate huge investments for its GaN business.
- OSRAM has rolled out novel OSRAM 24V TEC Flex pipeline that provides consistent illumination for wide array of outdoor and indoor use cases.
- Sumitomo Electric Device Innovations Inc. (SEDI) has procured MOCVD system from Aixtron in a bid to stretch its production capability of GaN-on-SiC radio frequency (RF) equipment for wireless use cases such as satellite communication, radars, and base stations for swiftly growing 5G networks.
To Know More About Compound Semiconductor Materials Market:
A new market research report published by Future Market Insights (FMI) on the global compound semiconductor materials market report offers comprehensive insights into the market demand trends and analysis of opportunities over the forecast period, 2020-2030. The report examines the compound semiconductor materials market through three different segments – material type, application and region. The compound semiconductor materials market report also provides extensive assessment of pricing by different key market dynamics, life cycle analysis, and technologies that are being deployed in the manufacturing of compound semiconductor materials and product adoption across several end-use industries.
About Chemicals & Materials division of FMI
The Chemicals & Materials division at FMI offers distinct and pin-point analysis about the chemicals & materials industry. Coverage of the chemicals and materials market extends from commodity, bulk, specialty and petrochemicals to advanced materials, composites, and nanotechnology. The team also puts special emphasis on ‘green alternatives’, recycling and renewable technology developments, and supply-demand trade assessment. Our research studies are widely referred by chemical manufacturers, research institutions, channel partners, and government bodies for developing – ‘The Way Forward’.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Apac Flexible Glass Market
- Global Biobased Biodegradable Plastics Market
- Global Bio Plastics Market
- Bric Automotive Plastics Market
- Europe Advanced Aerospace Coatings Market
- India Construction Chemical Market
- Global Biophotonics Market
- Global Antimicrobial Additives Market
- Global Pearlescent Pigment Market
- Global Adsorbents Market
- Global Barite Market
- Global Polyvinyl Chloride Market
- Global Corrosion Protective Coatings Market
- Global Mining Flotation Chemicals Market
- Silica Sand Market For Glass Making