Sales of Counterfeit Drug Detection Devices to Accelerate, with Introduction of Falsified Medicine Directive: FMI Report
Driven by governments’ efforts towards development of centralized and organized tracking systems, the global demand for counterfeit drug detection devices will see 1.5X expansion over the decade-old forecast period (2019 - 2029). Increasing surveillance practices of the Drug Enforcement Agency and Customs and Border Protection to conduct screening activities on medicines and health products will remain pivotal in the market build-up.
Counterfeit Drug Detection Device Market
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights on the counterfeit drug detectio...
Governments also continue to conduct awareness about fake drugs, which would be among the key factors limiting supply of counterfeit drugs. This, in turn, will drive the growth of counterfeit drug detection devices market. For an instance, the European Union recently introduced falsified Medicine Directive (FMD) to address threats of counterfeit medicines impacting entire supply chain.
- Although benchtop devices are most suitable for use in laboratories, development of handheld devices is offering more feasibility in the in-field testing area. Faster results and in-field applications of handheld devices offer lucrative growth opportunity.
- Well-established regulation that is constantly updated for identification of counterfeit drugs along with increasing awareness for these drugs in North America are factors that make the region lucrative for growth of the counterfeit drug detection device market.
- In terms of product, chemical composition detection devices account for a significant share in the counterfeit drug detection device market value. This growth is primarily attributed to the changing trend from on-package tracing to on-drug/on-product tracing methods.
Greater emphasis of regulatory bodies on development of regulations such as FMD in Europe to reduce counterfeit drug supply will be offering ample growth opportunities to market players in the near future.
What Are the Key Imperatives of Market Winners?
Some of the key players offering counterfeit drug detection devices include Spectris, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc, Olympus Corporation, Metrohm AG, and Rigaku Corporation. Top four companies (Thermofisher Scientific Inc, Olympus Corporation, Spectris, and Rigaku Corporation) currently contribute nearly 60% share in the market revenues.
Some of the prominent companies are focused towards the development of innovative track and trace technology such as Trutag, while others continue to dedicate focus to geographical expansion. Product portfolio through acquisition of smaller players would be one of the key strategies adopted by market leaders.
Besides the development of on-drug tracking technologies, new methodologies such as paper-based test cards are being developed to identify counterfeit drugs at the purchase point. However, these paper-based test cards still require further testing before their deployment in the market.
Know More About What the Report Covers
The counterfeit drug detection device market, a new study from Future Market Insights, provides unparalleled insights on evolution of the drug detection devices during 2014 – 2018 and presents demand projections during 2019 - 2029 on the basis of product category (counterfeit chemical composition detection devices and counterfeit packaging & labelling detection devices), modality (portable devices, handheld devices and benchtop devices), and end user (pharmaceutical companies, drug testing laboratories, and research organizations) across seven prominent regions.
To know more about how the market growth will unfold over the course of next decade, write to the analyst at email@example.com
About the Healthcare Division at Future Market Insights
Future Market Insights facilitates corporates, government, investors, and associated audiences in the healthcare sector to identify and accentuate vital aspects applicable to product strategy, regulatory landscape, technology evolution, and other crucial issues to achieve sustainable success. Our unique approach to gathering market intelligence equips you in devising innovation-driven trajectories for your business. Know more about our sector coverage here
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Digital Pathology Market
- Healthcare Regulatory Affairs Outsourcing Market
- Cold Plasma Market
- Hdl Cholesterol Kits Market
- Single Dose Radiotherapy Services Market
- General Anesthesia Drugs Market
- Clinical Trials Market
- Injectable Drug Delivery Market
- Microfluidics Market
- Lab Automation Market
- Lung Cancer Surgery Market
- Veterinary Vaccines Market
- Prescription Delivery Services Market
- Vital Signs Monitoring Devices Market
- Weight Loss And Obesity Management Market