Digital Transformation Underway in Dental Imaging Equipment Market: FMI
Global dental imaging equipment market is slated to witness a CAGR of 6% through 2030, according to a new report by ESOMAR-certified firm Future Market Insights (FMI).
Dental Imaging Equipment Market
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights (FMI) offers global industry ana...
Dental imaging equipment is witnessing demand from developed as well as developing economies alike, mainly due to increase in the number of patients (as per the WHO, around 50% of the global population (3.58 Bn) is suffering from oral ailments), coupled with the growth in the number of dental care centers. However, dental imaging is going “digital” now, though outbreak of Covid-19 has slowed down the market for the time being.
Digital Dentistry: The Future
In the year 2019, the IDC (International Dental Show) was attended by Institute of Digital Dentistry in Cologne, Germany. It threw light on the ways dentistry has evolved in the form of 3D printers, CAD materials, milling machines, and intraoral scanners. The institute otherwise provides training and CAD/CAM courses in New Zealand as well as online so as to keep the dentists and course attendees updated about clinical relevance and implementation of digitization by the key market players.
Digital Expansion: Key to Growth
As stated above, the market players are looking to provide digital imaging solutions to cater to the increasing number of patients with dental ailments. Some of the measures taken in this regard include:
- In Jun 2020, Level Equity-backed Planet DDS signed an agreement for acquiring Apteryx Imaging, a Canada-based publicly traded company with the objective to explore a wider arena in terms of geography
- DENTSPLY Sirona Inc., in Oct 2019, launched 2 intraoral sensors (Xios AE and Schick AE) and 3D/2D imaging systems (Orthophos E, Orthophos SL 3D, and Orthophos S 3D)
- In Oct 2019, Envista Holdings Corporation entered into a partnership with TeamSmile programs all through the US for propagating the use of KaVo SMARTmatic and KaVo MASTERtorque LUX M8900L
Key Takeaways of Dental Imaging Equipment Market Study
- Extraoral X-Ray held 28.6% of revenue share in the dental imaging equipment market in 2019
- Independent dental clinics accounted for major revenue share of 69.1% in 2019
- North America and Europe contribute account for over 60% of market share in the dental imaging equipment market
“The players are shifting their gears towards digital imaging. This upgradation is expected to shape the global dental imaging equipment market." says an FMI Analyst.
Intraoral Scanners: The Trend Setter
The National Institute of Health, in 2017, inferred that intraoral scanners reduce discomfort of patients and simplify the dentists’ clinical procedures as plaster models get eliminated and a better course of communication could be administered.
“Planmeca Emerald”, an intraoral scanner has been targeting dentists’ as well as patients’ comfort at the same time since then. It weighs merely 183 grams and has ergonomic styling. The scanner’s tip is endowed with antifog feature that enables clear visibility. Infection control is exercised through autoclavable tip. Hands-free operation is possible through integration with dental unit and foot control.
Dental Wings, Inc. has its intraoral scanner with extra-powder-free scanning capabilities including full arch scans for bite splints, surgical guides, and orthodontic aligners.
More Valuable Insights on Dental Imaging Equipment Market
Future Market Insights brings the comprehensive research report on forecasted revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the segments from 2015 to 2030. The global dental imaging equipment market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader. The study provide compelling insights on dental imaging equipment market on the basis of product type, (Intraoral X-ray Systems, Intraoral Plate Scanner, Intraoral Sensors, Intraoral Phosphor Storage Plates, Extraoral X-ray Systems, Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) Imaging, Intraoral Cameras), by End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Independent Dental Clinics, Forensic Laboratories), across seven major regions.
About the Healthcare Division at Future Market Insights
Future Market Insights facilitates corporates, government, investors, and associated audiences in the healthcare sector to identify and accentuate vital aspects applicable to product strategy, regulatory landscape, technology evolution, and other crucial issues to achieve sustainable success. Our unique approach to gathering market intelligence equips you in devising innovation-driven trajectories for your business. Know more about our sector coverage here
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Digital Pathology Market
- Healthcare Regulatory Affairs Outsourcing Market
- Cold Plasma Market
- Hdl Cholesterol Kits Market
- General Anesthesia Drugs Market
- Clinical Trials Market
- Electronic Medical Records Market
- Injectable Drug Delivery Market
- Microfluidics Market
- Lab Automation Market
- Lung Cancer Surgery Market
- Veterinary Vaccines Market
- Prescription Delivery Services Market
- Vital Signs Monitoring Devices Market
- Weight Loss And Obesity Management Market