Accounting for over 60% of the total production costs, animal feed remains one of the highest investment areas in animal farming sector. A new market research study of Future Market Insights (FMI) says that as feed enzymes are witnessing growing acceptance over antibiotics within the feed industry, the global market for feed enzymes will showcase a healthy growth outlook over the period of forecast (2019 - 2027). The market value is set to exceed US$ 955 Mn by 2019 end.
Manufacturers are introducing advanced feed enzymes to cut down on expenses and improve feed-stuff utilization. This would remain another strong factor assisting the growth of feed enzymes market in the near future.
Key Takeaways – Feed Enzymes Market Study
- The feed enzymes market will be prominently driven by high demand for carbohydrase-based feed enzymes in the foreseeable future. However, protease-based feed enzymes are set to witness maximum growth opportunities.
- In 2016, Kemin Industries, Inc. introduced a unique solution of carbohydrases named KEMZYME, to enhance the use of complex feed matrix.
- In 2017, DuPont Industrial Biosciences, launched DuPont Axtra PRO, a single protease feed enzyme in Latin America. Axtra PRO aims at improving protein digestibility in animal and saves producers cost without compromising on performance or animal health.
- The most commonly used feed enzymes in the poultry industry are phytase and carbohydrase, as they target phytic acid complexes in plant ingredients and remove the viscous fiber in cereals.
- Feed enzymes are gaining significant traction in poultry, as they help in effective utilization of raw materials and reduce feed cost. Besides, the demand will be higher for aquatic animals, attributing to increasing fisheries and farming practices, and rising awareness concerning sustainable and responsible fish farming.
- Recent introductions in the feed enzymes market are based on maize-soy complexes.
Players operating in the feed enzymes market must focus on the development of species-specific feed enzymes benefiting animals at all life-stages and reducing risk of diseases. Manufacturers may benefit from introducing cost-effective products in emerging economies, which are primarily agrarian.
Demand for Sustainability to Create Lucrative Opportunities for Manufacturers of Feed Enzymes
Key players operating in the feed enzymes market strive to deliver high quality additives and ingredients for animal feed to ensure healthier animals with improved efficiency and productivity. Manufacturers are thus producing animal-specific enzymatic solutions to provide effective solutions.
For More Detailed Insights on Feed Enzymes Market
- In 2019, BASF SE, launched Natuphos E, a next generation phytase for the feed industry in Indonesia. Natuphos E provides overall stability – in premix, and during the harsh pelleting process, in addition to an 18-month shelf life stability. With this new product launch, the company aims to improve nutrient utilisation in poultry. This new feed enzyme also reduces phosphorus emissions from livestock.
- In 2018, Archer-Daniels-Midland Co, expanded its specialty feed additives portfolio, which included fiber-degrading feed enzyme for use in swine and poultry diets. The company aims to improve the animal performance while minimizing cost.
- In 2018, DSM and Novozymes launched the world’s first feed enzyme to increase gut functionality for broiler chicken. This feed enzyme targets at faster feed intake in broilers, reducing the feed required, and aiding sustainable production.
Know More About What the Report Covers
Future Market Insights, in this study, provides an unbiased analysis of the global feed enzymes market, presenting historical demand data (2012-2018) and forecast statistics for the period of 2019-2027. The study divulges compelling insights on the feed enzymes market based on the form (dry, liquid), product type (phytase, carbohydrase, and protease), and animal type (poultry, ruminants, swine, aquatic animals, and others) across seven major regions.
For additional information, write to the analyst at [email protected]
About the Food & Beverages Division at Future Market Insights
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations - the Food & Beverages team at Future Market Insights helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analyzed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Food & Beverages division of FMI
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations - the Food & Beverages team at FMI helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analyzed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 100+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research of the global food & beverage market and consulting services; know how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.