Form-Fill-Seal Films Market to Register 5.1% CAGR, Driven by the Demand for Packaged Food Products: FMI
As per a recent market analysis by Future Market Insights (FMI), the global form-fill-seal films market is projected to expand at a 5.1% CAGR, reaching a valuation of US$ 40.7 Bn in 2031.
Form Fill Seal Ffs Films Market
A recent market report published by Future Market Insights on the form-fill-seal films mar...
Flexible packaging provides manufacturers a large canvas to portray an excellent image of their product through brilliant flexographic printing technologies. Flexible packaging is the fastest-growing packaging option, which provides an array of benefits over rigid packaging.
Form-fill-seal films are the most preferred flexible packaging solution, as they ensure food safety during packaging and delivery across all distribution channels. Flexible packaging protects contents from various processing conditions such as extreme temperature and production speeds.
Pouches and sachets made of form-fill-seal films effectively improve shelf life of products and provide high visibility and aesthetic appeal to packaged food products. This is expected to propel sales of form-fill-seal films in the food sector.
Besides this, these films retain flavour, aroma, and taste of food products, while eliminating the need for preservatives. These films are increasing gaining traction for packaging products such as meat, poultry, seafood, dairy products, bakery, and confectionery.
Form-fill-seal films with laminate combine all essential aesthetics, barrier protection, and cost in a single packaging structure. Polyethylene (PE) form-fill-seal films are reliable and offer optimal sealing, reclosing, excellent protection against oxygen and water vapor barrier protection.
PE form-fill-seal films are widely adopted in packaged food and pharmaceutical industries owing to cost-effectiveness and high recyclability.
“Increasing consumption of ready-to-eat meals and pre-packaged foods, along with rising awareness of using recyclable and flexible packaging solutions will continue augmenting growth of the global form-fill-seal films market,” says an FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways from Form-Fill-Seal Films Market
- Polyethylene (PE) will emerge as the most preferred material type, holding 37.8% of the total form-fill-seal films market share by 2031.
- The multilayer segment of form-fill-seal films is expected to account for 73.6% of the total market share by 2031.
- Applications of form-fill-seal films for making sachets and pouches will account for 51.8% if the total market share during the forecast period.
- Based on end-use, the food segment is expected to hold 65.3% of the total market share by 2031.
- The U.S. is projected to dominate the North America form-fill-seal films market, holding 90% of the market share in 2021.
- Germany will emerge as an attractive market, account for 1/5th of the Europe form-fill-seal market share through 2031.
- India is anticipated to account for 41% of the South Asia form-fill-seal films market share over the forecast period.
- Sales of form-fill-seal films in China are projected to surpass 4 Mn Tones by 2031.
- Australia will continue witnessing high demand for form-fill-seal films, with sales growing at a steady 3% CAGR through 2031.
- Japan is projected to create an incremental opportunity of approximately US$ 500 Mn between 2021 and 2031.
Impact of COVID-19 on Form-Fill-Seal Films Market
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many industries faced numerous challenges like disrupted supply chain, raw material, workforce, and financial shortage. However, the packaging industry was not much affected due to continuous and high demand for food, pharmaceutical, and consumer products.
Form-fill-seal films provide high barrier protection against gases, chemicals, water vapour, moisture, light to the products. They protect the freshness and nutritional value of food products for a long duration.
In addition to this, lockdown restrictions have resulted in increasing demand for recyclable packaging solutions as the requirement of takeaway bags, pouches, and containers has increased. During the pandemic, a massive rise in online retailing has been observed. Form-fill-seal films are the right choice for food packaging and other products, which in turn is expected to continue propelling demand for form-fill-seal films over the forecast period.
Key players operating in the form-fill-seal films market are Sealed Air Corporation, Mondi Plc, ProAmpac Intermediate, Inc., Retal Industries Ltd, Schur Flexibles Holding GesmbH, and among others. Tier 1 players in the market are projected to hold 15-20% of the global form-fill-seal films market share.
Leading players are focusing on research and development to expand their product portfolios. Besides this, players are also focusing on strategic collaborations, mergers and acquisition to expand their production facilities to gain a competitive edge in the market. For instance:
- In February 2021, INDEVCO Plastics Longview, LLC launched recyclable films and bags that use up to 50% recycled resin content. They utilize up to 50% PCR or PIR resins and eco-friendly water-based inks in their heavy-duty form-fill-seal film.
More Insights into the Form-Fill-Seal Films Market Report
Future Market Insights, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global form-fill-seal films market, analyzing historical demand from 2014-2020 and forecast statistics for 2021-2031. The study reveals growth projections on the form-fill-seal films market on the basis of material type (polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), aluminum foil and others (EVOH, polyamide (PA), etc.)), layer structure (monolayer films, and multilayer films), application (sachets & pouches, bags & sacks, and others (stick packs)), and end use (food (meat, poultry & seafood, dairy products, fruits & vegetables, bakery & confectionery, others (pet food, grains & cereals, etc.)), healthcare & pharmaceuticals, agriculture & allied products, building & construction, and others (personal care, tobacco, etc.))) across seven regions of the globe.
About Packaging Division at Future Market Insights
The Packaging division at FMI provides an in-depth historical analysis and granular projections of the global packaging market. Ranging from packaging materials to designs & formats, FMI has an exhaustive market research database, serving clients with unique offerings and strategic recommendations. With a repository of 750+ reports, the team analyzed the packaging industry comprehensively in 70+ countries. The team evaluates every node of the value chain and provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Beverage Packaging Market
- Degassing Valves Market
- Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market
- Corrugated Boxes Market
- Billing Paper Market
- Plastic Pails Market
- Iv Infusion Bottle Seals And Caps Market
- Filament Tapes Market
- Corrosion Protection Tapes Market
- Temperature Controlled Packaging Solutions Market
- Protective Packaging Market
- Dairy Products Packaging Market
- Specialty Paper Market
- Next Generation Packaging Technology Market
- Meat Packaging Market