High Flow Nasal Cannula Market Witnessing Shift from Single-use to Reusable Amidst COVID-19 Concerns
FMI – an ESOMAR-certified market research firm, states that the global high flow nasal cannula market will reach US$ 17.7 Bn by 2030.
High Flow Nasal Cannula Market
A recent report published by Future Market Insights on the high flow nasal cannula market ...
There has been a noteworthy increase in respiratory disorders in the last few years. As per GBD (Global Burden of Diseases) study 2017, the cases pertaining to pneumoconiosis and COPD increased from 81.1% and 49.8% respectively from 1990 to 2017, and the number is expected to witness exponentiation in the forecast period.
Moreover, research states that high flow nasal cannula oxygenation proves to be an effective mode of treatment for present day Covid-19 caused by acute respiratory failure over non-invasive positive pressure ventilation (NIPPV). As such, the global high flow nasal cannula market is expected to witness traction in the short-term as well as in the long run.
Key Takeaways of High Flow Nasal Cannula Market Study
- Homecare settings to hold the largest market share in 2020 due to outbreak of Covid-19
- Sales through e-commerce channels witnessing a spike, as end-users show a marked preference for contactless delivery
- Single-use high flow nasal cannulas to replace reusable nasal cannulas in the forecast period due to increasing awareness regarding cross-contamination
High Flow Nasal Cannula Market: Competitive Landscape
The high flow nasal cannula market players are into the expansion mode regarding their portfolio to have a competitive edge over one another. They are also entering the inorganic growth mode to leave no stone unturned regarding their presence in the market.
For instance –
- Hamilton Medical AG, in Feb 2019, tabled “Nuflow single-use nasal cannulas” to facilitate high flow oxygen therapy for neonates. One could find these cannulas in 4 different sizes including a pair of fixation patches and an adapter
- Teijin holds the privilege of launching the first oxygen concentrator for Japan; i.e. “Mildsanso”. As far as cardiovascular diseases are concerned, Teijin’s Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) devices holds over 40% of the overall market for Japan.
- Salter Labs have 15 LPM cannulas when there is more requirement of oxygen. ALOFT cannulas are meant for extra comfort, especially for the geriatric population
- OmniOx from MEK-ICS Co., Ltd. Enables delivery of optimal humidification and has an adjustable FiO2 with 21 ~ 100%
Smiths Medical has its pediatric divided CO2/O2 nasal cannula, adult oral/nasal CO2, pediatric O2 nasal cannula under its CO2 sample line
In Nov 2017, Teijin Pharma and SRETT agreed upon an exclusive distribution arrangement all over Japan for “TeleOx”. This device monitors respiratory functions in oxygen therapy. It is designed by SRETT
“CDC recommending HFNCO (High Flow Nasal Cannula Oxygenation) for treating ARF (Acute Respiratory Failure) coupled with increase in production capacity of high flow nasal cannulas to drive the market” says the FMI analyst.
Want more insights?
High flow nasal cannula market, a new study from Future Market Insights, states the indications of high flow nasal cannula from 2015 to 2019 and presents demand projections from 2020 from 2030 on the basis of components (air/oxygen blender, active humidifier, nasal cannulas, heated inspiratory circuit, and consumables), application (acute respiratory failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchiectasis, carbon monoxide toxicity, sleep apnea, acute heart failure, and others), and end user (hospitals, specialty clinics, long-term care centers, ambulatory care centers, and homecare setting) across seven prominent regions.
About the Healthcare Division at Future Market Insights
Future Market Insights facilitates corporates, government, investors, and associated audiences in the healthcare sector to identify and accentuate vital aspects applicable to product strategy, regulatory landscape, technology evolution, and other crucial issues to achieve sustainable success. Our unique approach to gathering market intelligence equips you in devising innovation-driven trajectories for your business. Know more about our sector coverage here
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Digital Pathology Market
- Healthcare Regulatory Affairs Outsourcing Market
- Cold Plasma Market
- Hdl Cholesterol Kits Market
- General Anesthesia Drugs Market
- Clinical Trials Market
- Electronic Medical Records Market
- Injectable Drug Delivery Market
- Microfluidics Market
- Lab Automation Market
- Lung Cancer Surgery Market
- Veterinary Vaccines Market
- Prescription Delivery Services Market
- Vital Signs Monitoring Devices Market
- Weight Loss And Obesity Management Market