Hospital associated infections have been the longstanding concern of healthcare delivery centers. Increasing awareness about infection prevention, coupled with favorable initiatives taken by hospitals and governments, will drive demand for hospital disinfectant products & services at a robust CAGR of over 7% during 2019 - 2029. Of every 100 hospitalized patients at any given time, seven in developed and 10 in developing countries tend to acquire at least one hospital-associated infection.
Healthcare organizations and governments, in collaboration with hospitals, have been spreading some of the primary prevention and infection control methods such as appropriate hand hygiene and the correct application of necessary precautions during invasive procedures. These measures prominently include proper usage of hospital disinfectants, which is responsible for growing awareness about adoption of effective and efficient hospital disinfectant products & services.
Key Takeaways – Hospital Disinfectant Products & Services Market Study
- Hundreds of millions of patients are affected by health care-associated infections worldwide each year, leading to significant mortality and financial losses for health systems.
- Poor quality of healthcare services in low to medium income countries are the most emerging regions for hospital disinfectant products & services market.
- Manufacturers are focusing on formulating hospital disinfectants that have natural ingredient base to reduce the overall toxicity and prevent other disease emergence.
- Lack of compliance of national guidelines and policies by hospitals may pose a threat to both mankind and the hospital disinfectant products & services market.
- Implementation of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), which expects a manufacturer to pay 2.3% tax on the sale of medical devices will increase expenses for sterilization equipment manufacturers. As a consequence, it may hamper the growth of the hospital disinfectant products & services market for the forecasted years.
Bloodstream infection (BSI), ventilator-associated pneumonia [VAP], urinary tract infection (UTI), and surgical site infection (SSI) are some of the common intricate hospital associated infections creating continuous opportunities for the global hospital disinfectant products & services market. Companies, thus, must manufacture products in compliance with medical regulations.
Geriatric Population Primarily Driving Demand
For More Detailed Insights on Hospital Disinfectant Products & Services Market
Affordability of various treatment services and improved healthcare policies in different countries have led to an increased life expectancy of the population. According to WHO, the global geriatric population is expected to grow from 524 million in 2010 to 2 billion by 2050. The geriatric population suffers from various diseases and requires diagnosis and treatments that involve the use of non-disposable medical equipment. Therefore, the increase in the geriatric population globally is projected to drive demand for various medicals services and disinfecting medical devices, thereby enhancing the hospital disinfectant products & services market.
- The global geriatric population is expected to grow at the fastest rate in developed countries such as Italy, Germany, the U.K., the U.S., and Japan.
- Increase in healthcare spending is another factor that boosts the Hospital Disinfectant Products & Services Market.
However, the leading manufacturers of hospital disinfectant have to comply with stringent rules and regulations that their products meet to gain a spearhead competition in the global hospital disinfectant products & services market.
What Does the Report Cover?
Future Market Insights, in its new research study, brings forward a detailed analysis of the global hospital disinfectant products & services market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period of 2019-2029. The study elaborates the insights on the hospital disinfectant products & services market on the basis of type (liquid, gels & lotions, spray & foam, wipes, devices, surveillance providers, and other types), application (skincare, surface cleaners, surveillance providers, disinfectant instrument accessories, water cleaners, and air cleaners), across seven significant regions. The study focuses on product innovations, key developments, and various opportunities and trends in the hospital disinfectant products & services market.
For additional information on how the market growth will unfold over the course of following years, write to the analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Retail & Consumer Products division of FMI
Expert analysis, in-depth insights, and strategic recommendations - the Retail & Consumer Products team at Future Market Insights helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 500+ reports, the team has analyzed the consumer goods industry lucidly in 80+ countries for over a decade. We provide end-to-end research database on retail & consumer products market and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.