Adoption of Microchip-Based Technology in Liquid Biopsy to Spur the Sales at 13.49% CAGR through 2031: FMI
As per a recent market survey by ESOMAR-certified consulting firm Future Market Insights (FMI), the global liquid biopsy market is expected to reach a market valuation of US$ 1,026 Mn in 2021.
Liquid Biopsy Market
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights on the market offers global indu...
With the introduction of innovative molecular diagnostic tests and growing demand from biotech and pharmaceutical companies, the market is poised to expand at a stellar 13.49% CAGR, reaching US$ 3,637 Mn by 2031.
Growth of the liquid biopsy market is attributable to rising incidence of cancer across several countries, which is highlighting the pressing need for faster, simpler, and more convenient diagnostic procedures. Liquid biopsy procedures are minimally invasive and cost-effective, which is making them a favorable choice for cancer diagnosis procedures.
Besides this, increasing government-backed initiatives to support cancer research across the U.S., Japan, India and the UK will drive innovation and developments in liquid biopsy services. Also, fast track approval from regulatory bodies for novel procedures will bolster the growth over the coming years.
Additionally, technological advancements such as the incorporation of machine learning and microchip-based liquid biopsy systems will further strengthen growth prospects in the market.
As per the market survey, counties including the U.S., the U.K, and Japan will be at the forefront of innovation and adoption of liquid biopsy services, owing to the presence of leading players and prevalence of numerous high-potential cancer research institutes.
Germany, India, and China will emerge as high growth potential markets, with increasing investments by the government for improving the healthcare infrastructure, which will create attractive opportunities to global biotech players for market expansion.
“Increasing incidence of cancer, coupled with incorporation of latest technology in liquid biopsy for faster and more convenient diagnosis will continue to augment the market growth throughout the forecast period,” says the FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways from the Liquid Biopsy Market Analysis
- Based on markers, circular tumor cells (CTC) are poised to emerge dominant in the forthcoming years.
- Blood samples will emerge as the most preferred sample type
- In terms of applications, liquid biopsy will be widely preferred for lung cancer diagnosis.
- Cancer institutes are expected to remain dominant end users, accounting for over 40% of the total revenue share.
- The U.S. will showcase high growth during the forecast period, due to the presence of major liquid biopsy product manufacturers.
- The U.K. will emerge as an avenue for product innovations and development, further solidifying growth prospects.
- Japan is anticipated to witness upswings in sales, owing to government-led cancer research initiatives.
- India is expected to showcase high demand for liquid biopsy products, owing to the increased funding by government and expansion of healthcare infrastructure.
BIOCEPT, INC., Qiagen N.V., Trovagene, Inc, Janssen Global Services, LLC, MDxHealth SA, Natera, Inc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Silicon Biosystems, Pathway Genomics Corporation, and Sysmex Corporation are among top manufacturers of liquid biopsy products, as profiled by FMI. As per the market survey, tier-1 companies are anticipated to account for approximately 20-25% of the total market share.
Strategic collaborations, partnerships, and product innovations are some of the prominent growth strategies applied by leading market players to establish a strong foothold in the liquid biopsy market. For instance:
- In June 2021, Biocept Inc., collaborated with Quest Diagnostics, a New Jersey-based clinical laboratory, to offer laboratory services to Quest patients for its Target Selector NGS-based liquid biopsy lung cancer panel.
- In February 2021, Menarini Silicon Biosystems, a leading developer of liquid biopsy and single-cell technologies, launched its innovative CellMag product line for staining and detection of rare circulating tumor cells (CTCs).
More Insights into the Liquid Biopsy Market Report
In its latest report, FMI offers an unbiased analysis of the global liquid biopsy market, providing historical data for the period of 2016-2020 and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of marker type (circulating tumor cells (CTC), circulating tumor nucleic acids (cTNA) and exosomes), sample type (blood, urine and other including plasma, saliva and CSF), application type (lung cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer, leukemia), end-users (hospitals, cancer institutes, academic institutes, and diagnostic centers) and across seven regions (North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, and Middle East & Africa).
About the Healthcare Division at Future Market Insights
Future Market Insights facilitates corporates, government, investors, and associated audiences in the healthcare sector to identify and accentuate vital aspects applicable to product strategy, regulatory landscape, technology evolution, and other crucial issues to achieve sustainable success. Our unique approach to gathering market intelligence equips you in devising innovation-driven trajectories for your business. Know more about our sector coverage here
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Digital Pathology Market
- Healthcare Regulatory Affairs Outsourcing Market
- Cold Plasma Market
- Hdl Cholesterol Kits Market
- Single Dose Radiotherapy Services Market
- General Anesthesia Drugs Market
- Clinical Trials Market
- Injectable Drug Delivery Market
- Microfluidics Market
- Lab Automation Market
- Lung Cancer Surgery Market
- Veterinary Vaccines Market
- Prescription Delivery Services Market
- Vital Signs Monitoring Devices Market
- Weight Loss And Obesity Management Market