Increasing consumer focus on health and wellness, coupled with awareness about healthier lifestyles and the effectiveness of dietary supplements among populations has propelled the demand for health supplements. Liquid capsule formulations are easy to ingest and get absorbed by the body faster than tablets. This has resulted in the popularity of liquid-filled capsules as health supplements in the nutraceutical industry.
High consumption of capsules has created steady demand for effective capsule filling solutions, which is fuelling the demand for liquid capsule filling machines, globally. As such, the global liquid capsule filling machines market is forecasted to reach a valuation of nearly US$ 210 Mn by the end of the decade.
“Key manufacturers of liquid capsule filling machines are focusing on technological development to offer automated large-scale capsule manufacturing capabilities to meet the increasing demand for capsules in the market. Companies are coming up with technologies that offer the integration of various processes into one automatic capsule filling equipment. In, key players are acquiring or collaborating with mid-sized firms to penetrate better into the market and gain significant market share.”
For More Detailed Insights on Liquid Capsule Filling Machines Market
Key Takeaways of Liquid Capsule Filling Machines Market Study
- Drug manufacturers are the key end users of liquid capsule filling machines, and account for a lion’s share in the global market. Most of the leading pharma manufacturers have in-house filling stations, while mid-sized pharma manufacturers tend to outsource their filling needs to contract manufacturers.
- Automatic liquid capsule filling machines are preferred over semi-automatic ones. End users that require continuous output opt for fully-automatic machines, while R&D labs and small-scale pharma manufacturers opt for semi-automatic liquid capsule filling machines.
- Hardgel capsules account for a major share in the liquid capsule filling machines market, as they are easier and economical to manufacture.
- Liquid capsule filling machines with the output capacity of 12,000-25,000 C/hr are mostly preferred for high speed with precision in commercial applications. Thus, the segment is estimated to generate an incremental opportunity of around US$ 19 Mn by the end of the decade.
- North America is estimated to be the largest market for liquid capsule filling machines, accounting for over 35% of the global market. This can be primarily attributed to the fact that North America houses leading pharmaceutical manufacturers and advanced R&D labs.
Liquid Capsule Filling Machines Market Landscape
Syntegon Technology GmbH, Capsugel Inc. (Lonza Group), and Suheung Co., Ltd have been identified as the top three players in the global liquid capsule filling machines market; these account for more than 40% of the global market. Several organized tier-II players operate at regional levels, and also provide contract manufacturing services, along with selling new and refurbished liquid capsule filling machines. In conclusion, the number of small-scale unorganized players is fairly low, and might not affect the global market dynamics much, as the global liquid capsule filling machines market is distinguished by the top players and their pricing strategies.
About Liquid Capsule Filling Machines Market Report
Future Market Insights, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global liquid capsule filling machines market, analyzing historical demand of 2015-2019 and forecast statistics for 2020-2030. The study reveals growth projections of the liquid capsule filling machines market on the basis of machine type (automatic and semi-automatic), output capacity (Up to 6,000 C/hr, 6,001-12,000 C/hr, 12,001-25,000 C/hr, 25,001-70,000 C/hr, 70,001-90,000 C/hr, and above 90,000 C/hr), capsule type (hardgel and softgel), and end user (R&D labs and drug manufacturers), across seven regions.
For additional information, write to the analyst at [email protected]
About Packaging division of FMI
The Packaging division at FMI provides an in-depth historical analysis and granular projections of the global packaging market. Ranging from packaging materials to designs & formats, FMI has an exhaustive market research database, serving clients with unique offerings and strategic recommendations. With a repository of 750+ reports, the team analyzed the packaging industry comprehensively in 70+ countries. The team evaluates every node of the value chain and provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.