According to a recently published business intelligence report by Future Market Insights (FMI), the global natural cosmetics market was valued over US$ 36 Bn in 2019. Rising awareness about the side effects of chemical-based beauty products and the trend of ‘green beauty’ are encouraging manufacturers to increase the production of natural cosmetics to target and retain a large segment of consumers.
Tata’s Natural Alchemy, LLC and Henkel AG & Company, KGaA are amongst the top companies introducing all chemical-free products in their portfolio, as consumers’ inclination towards cosmetics with natural, safer ingredients intensifies.
Natural Cosmetics for Male Consumers to Gain Traction in Future
Modern men are taking a keen interest in caring for their skin. A rising number of men are inclining towards personal grooming and boosting greater self-confidence by looking good. In recent times, men are no longer limiting themselves to only shaving products and deodorants and becoming a habitual user of skin and personal care products.
The organic and vegan beauty movement is also playing an important role in building male consumer base. Additionally, chemical-free skincare products are finding greater resonance among young men who choose to align themselves with renowned brands. This, in turn, is expected to fuel the demand for natural cosmetics for male consumers.
For More Detailed Insights on Natural Cosmetics Market
Key Takeaways – Natural Cosmetics Market Study
- In comparison with demand in commercial spaces such as salons & spa, household consumption of natural cosmetics remain on higher side. Adoption of natural cosmetics in households accounts for approximately 2/3rd of the market revenue.
- As per the FMI’s study, hair care and skincare natural cosmetics account for more than 50% of the total sales. Growing demand for these traditional products with organic and plant-based ingredients is expected to complement the market growth.
- In 2019, sales of unisex natural cosmetics held over 1/4th of the total revenue. On the contrary, natural cosmetics for men are expected to witness higher demand over the forecast period.
- Sales of natural cosmetics through wholesalers or distributors continue to account for high share of the global market value.
- In order to strengthen their distribution network and increase consumer base, manufacturers are directing their sales towards convenience store and hypermarkets/supermarkets.
- Distribution via online stores is expected to gain tremendous popularity in the near future.
Europe Captures Major Market Share
Over the forecast period, Europe will continue to hold a significant share in the global natural cosmetics market. European Union has set up a sophisticated legislative framework for players to enter the natural cosmetics market. It assures that products sold in the EU market should fulfil the required standards.
In addition, European consumers widely prefer natural and plant-based products as the region support sustainability, which, in turn, is fueling the market growth. Demand will remain concentrated in Germany, Spain, France, Italy, and the UK and the presence of a larger distribution network with various sales channels will continue to attract new consumers.
More Valuable Insights
FMI’s report on the natural cosmetics market is segmented into five major sections-
- Personal care
- Salon & spa
- Online Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Club Stores
And region to help readers understand and evaluate lucrative opportunities in the global natural cosmetics market.
About Retail & Consumer Products division of FMI
Expert analysis, in-depth insights, and strategic recommendations - the Retail & Consumer Products team at Future Market Insights helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 500+ reports, the team has analyzed the consumer goods industry lucidly in 80+ countries for over a decade. We provide end-to-end research database on retail & consumer products market and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.