Packaging Industry to Command 34.1% of the Total Plastic Corrugated Sheets Sales through 2031: FMI
As per a recent market survey by ESOMAR-certified consulting firm Future Market Insights (FMI) the global plastic corrugated sheets market is projected to total US$ 1.3 Bn in 2021, growing at a 6.4% CAGR through 2031.
Plastic Corrugated Sheets Market
A recent market report published by Future Market Insights on the plastic corrugated sheet...
Plastic corrugated sheets are budget-friendly and lightweight, making them one of the most economical solutions available for outdoor advertising. They also provide a flat surface, which efficiently works for a wide range of inks. Moreover, the material does not need any special printing equipment, which makes them ideal for various packaging applications.
Printing on corrugated plastic sheets is done on a single or double side, in multiple colors, shapes, and sizes. These sheets can be used for displaying content outdoor for a long period without physical damage due to their rugged construction and long lifespan.
In addition, lightweight plastic corrugated sheets are easily hung with grommets and hangers that fit inside the flutes for indoor displays. It is widely used as signboards or graphical display boards in real estate signs, campaign signs, particular event advertising, temporary directional signage, bus signage, POP displays, danglers, and exhibition panels among others, creating prospects for increasing applications in the print advertising industry.
Plastic corrugated sheets also are considered ideal packaging material in the food & beverage, automotive, pharmaceutical and the construction industries. Plastic corrugated sheets can withstand air pressure 200 times better than glass, which makes them widely acceptable in the construction industry.
“Expansion of the ecommerce sector, coupled with growing demand for customizable packaging solutions will continue pushing the sales of plastic corrugated sheets in the forthcoming years,” says the FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways from Plastic Corrugated Sheets Market
- Based on material type, polypropylene (PP) plastic corrugated sheets are projected to hold 48.7% of the total market share.
- In terms of end-use, applications of plastic corrugated sheets in the packaging industry are anticipated to account for 34.1% of the total market share through 2031.
- 3mm to 8mm thickness segment to remain highly sought after, capturing 48.4% of the total plastic corrugated sheets market share.
- The U.S. will continue witnessing high demand for plastic corrugated sheets, accounting for 85.1% of the North American market share.
- Germany is projected to dominate the European plastic corrugated sheets market, holding 17.5% of the market share.
- Sales of plastic corrugated sheets in India are anticipated to grow at a robust 8.9% CAGR through 2031.
- China will emerge as an attractive market, commanding 80.9% of the East Asian plastic corrugated sheets market share.
- The Australian plastic corrugated sheets market is projected to grow at a 3.5% CAGR through 2031, owing to increasing demand for high-quality printing solutions.
Who is Winning?
DS Smith Plc, Karton S.p.A., Coroplast, FlutePlast, Twinplast Ltd., and among others are the leading players in the global plastic corrugated sheets market. The Tier 1 players in the market hold 15-20% in the global plastic corrugated sheets market.
As consumers are preferring environmentally friendly, sustainable, and affordable packaging solution, players operating in the global plastic corrugated sheets market are actively focusing on research and development to launch innovative products, catering to the growing demand. Besides this, strategic collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions will remain prominent growth strategies adopted by key players over the assessment period. For instance:
- Coroplast® offers CORO-GARD™ plastic corrugated sheets made for electronic transportation-sensitive devices and packaging to prevent (ESD) electrostatic damage. It is produced to meet the guidelines given by the (EIA) Electronics Industries Association.
- Coroplast® introduced brushed fabric polyester laminated sheets, which provide additional abrasion protection for “A” class packaging applications. Polyester laminated Coroplast sheets offer a cost-effective solution to ensure a proper combination of process, materials, and adhesion.
- Karton S.p.A. introduced Eplak® polypropylene sheet, which has a sandy matt finish ideal for cosmetics and luxury products packaging. Its glossy, shiny mirror finish is perfect for advertising materials. Cartonplast® is a versatile product that is easily converted into box packaging and uses the most modern extrusion technique.
More Insights into the Global Plastic Corrugated Sheets Market Report
Future Market Insights, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global plastic corrugated sheets market, analyzing historical demand from 2014-2020 and forecast statistics for 2021-2031. The study reveals growth projections on the plastic corrugated sheets market on the basis of material type (polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), and others (polycarbonate (PC), polyethylene terephthalate(PET), etc.)), thickness (less than 3mm, 3mm to 8 mm and above 8 mm), and end use (packaging (healthcare, food, automotive, electronics, others), logistics & transportation, building & construction, agriculture & allied products, and others (advertisement, graphics)) across seven regions of the globe.
About Packaging Division at Future Market Insights
The Packaging division at FMI provides an in-depth historical analysis and granular projections of the global packaging market. Ranging from packaging materials to designs & formats, FMI has an exhaustive market research database, serving clients with unique offerings and strategic recommendations. With a repository of 750+ reports, the team analyzed the packaging industry comprehensively in 70+ countries. The team evaluates every node of the value chain and provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Beverage Packaging Market
- Degassing Valves Market
- Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market
- Corrugated Boxes Market
- Billing Paper Market
- Plastic Pails Market
- Iv Infusion Bottle Seals And Caps Market
- Filament Tapes Market
- Corrosion Protection Tapes Market
- Temperature Controlled Packaging Solutions Market
- Protective Packaging Market
- Dairy Products Packaging Market
- Specialty Paper Market
- Next Generation Packaging Technology Market
- Meat Packaging Market