The global preterm birth prevention and management market surpassed the valuation of US$ 1 Bn in 2019, with growth projected to see a robust CAGR of more than 9% through 2029. The preterm birth prevention drugs industry is observing a substantial surge in number of FDA-approved new generic copies of blockbuster drugs every year. This can be primarily attributed to favorable government policy framework and demographics, orphan drug designations, adoption of new combination therapies, and complications in the selection of one line of therapy.
Key Takeaways of the Study
- Development of higher complexity specific portfolios and consistent focus on areas of strength while working pipelines are the cornerstone for success in the preterm birth prevention market space.
- Ensuring preterm interventions and research given proportional focus, so funding is aligned with health burden to curb the mortality rate
- Makena, with various approvals for the treatment of preterm birth in potential female patient pool, contributed to the dominance of the progesterone therapy segment by therapy type in 2018 and continue to do so during the forecast period.
- Highly effective therapies with cost advantage over are expected to generate significant revenue in the long run.
- Majority of the global preterm birth cases have not been directed towards preterm diagnostic leading to higher mortality rates and complications
- Sale of Hydroxyprogesterone over antihypertensive drugs such as Nifedipine, and labetalol in the global preterm birth prevention and management market has increased drastically owing to quicker onset of action and higher efficacy.
The demand from high preterm birth rate countries, development of new drug entity, loss of exclusivity in hydroxyprogesterone, and growth strategies based on tie up with distribution channel partners are projected to offer new growth opportunities for the preterm birth prevention and management market.
Launch of Cost-effective Therapies Bodes Well for Market
New revenue opportunities in developed economies, and orphan drug designation by FDA are contributing significantly towards the launch of cost-effective therapies. A few other factors assisting the growth of preterm birth prevention and management market include adoption of preterm diagnostic tests and the economic burden of premature birth on the system.
Frequent drug shortages and unavailability of life-saving formulations in many parts of the country, growing initiatives by government and manufacturers for supply of life-saving preterm birth drugs, particularly in low income and developing countries, are driving the market growth.
For More Detailed Insights on Preterm Birth Prevention and Management Market
Strategic Acquisitions by Key Players to Widen Regional Presence
The leading players in the preterm birth prevention and management market such as AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc., and Mylan, are concentrating on organic revenue growth and commercial expansions by mergers and distribution agreements and capturing the untapped potential of the preterm birth prevention and management market.
- In 2019, AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. a largest preterm birth prevention and management drug manufacturer announced the completion of acquisition of Perosphere Pharmaceuticals Inc., a private biopharmaceutical firm. With the acquisition, AMAG received ciraparantag to its development portfolio. This acquisition further strengthened AMAG Pharmaceuticals hold of preterm birth prevention and management business with addition of heparin therapy
- AMAG acquired the global rights to R&D and marketing of digoxin immune Fab, a drug used to treat severe preeclampsia in pregnant women from Velo Bio, LLC.
More Valuable Insights on Preterm birth prevention and management Market
Future Market Insights brings the comprehensive research report on forecasted revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the segments from 2014 to 2029. The global preterm birth prevention and management market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader.
The study provide compelling insights on preterm birth prevention and management market on basis of therapy type (progesterone therapy, corticosteroid therapy, tocolytics therapy, antihypertensive therapy, magnesium sulfate therapy, heparin prophylaxis therapy, low-dose aspirin therapy, and antibiotics therapy) and by route of administration (Oral, Parenteral, and Vaginal) , and by patient type (prior spontaneous PTB, preeclampsia, short cervix, chronic hypertension, insulin-dependent, twins, antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, and others) and by distribution channel (hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, drug stores, and mail order pharmacies), across seven major regions.
For more insights, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Healthcare division of FMI
The Healthcare team at Future Market Insights has consistently tracked and analyzed rapidly evolving trends and developments in the global healthcare industry, encompassing pharmaceuticals and medical devices markets. The team facilitates corporates, government, investors, and associated audiences in the healthcare sector to identify and accentuate vital aspects applicable to product strategy, regulatory landscape, technology evolution, and other crucial issues to achieve sustainable success. Our unique approach to gathering market intelligence equips you in devising innovation-driven trajectories for your business. Know more about our sector coverage.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.