Penetration of radio-therapeutics is expected to be the biggest move in the global radiopharmaceuticals market. Radiopharmaceuticals are increasingly used in the diagnosis and treatment of several diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and neurological disorders owing to their characteristics of radioactive decay and ability of targeted therapeutic irradiation. The global market for radiopharmaceuticals is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 5% during the forecast period of 2019 - 2029. Increasing application of nuclear medicine in oncology will garner around half the market value share by the end of 2029.
Key Takeaways - Radiopharmaceuticals Market
- Technetium-99 is used in nearly 85% of the total diagnostic imaging procedure in nuclear medicine and will remain the highly preferred radioisotope in the radiopharmaceuticals market.
- The growth in demand for Technetium-99 can be primarily attributed to its protracted half-life, which is long enough to perform various medical examinations to be done on the patient.
- North America would account for more than 45% of market value by 2029 on the back of increasing number of nuclear medicine procedures in the U.S.
- Rapid introduction of advanced technologies in nuclear imaging systems such as SPECT and PET will significantly contribute to market growth.
Trend of Using More Cyclotron-produced Isotopes
- Radiopharmaceuticals are produced either using cyclotrons or in nuclear reactors. The former is expected to hold over two-thirds of the radiopharmaceuticals market share throughout the forecast period.
- The top benefit of using cyclotron is the possibility of on-demand and on-site production of radionuclides of interest which propels the market for radiopharmaceuticals even further.
Recent advancements in Positron Emission Tomography (PET) radiopharmaceuticals are encouraging state-of-the-art personalised medicine. Increasing investments and technological advancements in such radiopharmaceuticals could bring a spearheaded growth for companies participating in the radiopharmaceuticals industry.
Market Remains Consolidated
- The radiopharmaceuticals market is highly consolidated with a few companies that offer advanced technology system and nuclear medicines for treating diseases.
- Siemens Healthineers and GE Healthcare are the two leading market players in the radiopharmaceuticals market, accounting for a prominent market share.
- Among the two, Siemens Healthineers accounted for the largest share in the global radiopharmaceuticals market. The company dominated the market due to its diversified product portfolio, extensive geographical presence, and acquisition strategies.
- GE Healthcare technological innovation has a focus on product based technology, pharmaceutical services, and IT/cloud-based solutions as healthcare providers seek greater productivity and efficiency.
- For instance, GE Healthcare introduced new cloud and apps development to connect medical imaging with analytics and insights.
Interested in Detailed Market Insights?
Radiopharmaceuticals market, a new study from Future Market Insights, opines on the evolution of the radiopharmaceuticals market from 2014 - 2018 and presents demand projections from 2019 - 2029 on the basis of; product (single cycle injection products, three cycle injection products and five cycle injection products), application (osteoarthritis, ophthalmic, dermal fillers and vesicoureteral reflux) and distribution channel (hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, drug stores and specialty clinics) across seven prominent regions.
For More Detailed Insights on Radiopharmaceuticals Market
For more information, write to the analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Healthcare division of FMI
The Healthcare team at Future Market Insights has consistently tracked and analyzed rapidly evolving trends and developments in the global healthcare industry, encompassing pharmaceuticals and medical devices markets. The team facilitates corporates, government, investors, and associated audiences in the healthcare sector to identify and accentuate vital aspects applicable to product strategy, regulatory landscape, technology evolution, and other crucial issues to achieve sustainable success. Our unique approach to gathering market intelligence equips you in devising innovation-driven trajectories for your business. Know more about our sector coverage.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.