Sailcloth Market to Continue Witnessing Growth, Driven by Steady Demand for Marine Sails and Sailcloth Tents, says FMI
Exhibiting growth at a moderate pace, the sailcloth market is forecast to surpass US$ 500 Mn in the next five years. While as per Future Market Insights (FMI), growth during the ongoing pandemic crisis may seem stunted, the market has possibilities of recovery as soon as COVID-19 passes.
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights on the sailcloth market offers g...
Sailcloth has been under the spotlight for quite some time now on account of it excellent strength-to-weight ratio. It is durable, abrasion resistant, and highly advanced hence considered suitable for building tents and sails.
Thanks to technological advancements manufacturers are able to use sailcloth material for spinning diverse items. For instance, sailcloth has become a preferred fabric to engineer sturdy backpacks. Meanwhile, because of its impressive resistance to heat, sailcloth continues to be used in regular boat sails and cruise sails.
Among various fabric types a sailcloth is spun into, aramid sailcloth witnesses considerably high demand. Aramid fabric is lightweight, heat resistance, and demonstrates better resistance to stretch. It is therefore one of the leading choices for laminated cruising sails and racing sails.
Future Market Insights delves deep into evaluating prospects for the sailcloth market. It studies the scope for expansion beyond the conventional boating and marine industry. Besides highlighting hidden opportunities, FMI discusses at length potential threats to the market in its recent study.
Some of the key factors highlighted in the report are:
- Among various types of sailcloth available in the market, nylon sailcloth is expected to boast dominance. Nylon is more lightweight and has superior abrasion resistance. Besides this, it shows high flexibility and tensile strength, which make it a preferred material. According to FMI, the susceptibility of nylon to chemical degradation and UV makes it a better option since it eliminates the fear of getting dumped into landfills
- In terms of application, cruising sales will hold the leading share in the global market. Dacron will remain the standard sail fabric used in the category. The high resiliency of the fiber will aid growth in the segment
- Regionally, Europe currently leads the global sailcloth market. Rising demand witnessed in Denmark, France, Italy, and the U.K will support expansion of the market in the region
“Despite increasing popularity of sailcloth, the high price of raw materials required will continue creating challenges for the market. Currently, however, the economic and social impact of COVID-19 outbreak is hindering its trajectory. People around the world are avoiding tourism and public gathering to contain the virus, which is impacting the two most crucial segments - sails and tents,” said a lead analyst at FMI.
Who is winning?
The sailcloth market exhibits the presence of several international and local players. Companies operating in the market are focusing on technological advancements to gain competitive edge. They are seeking to leverage their expertise to launch novel products:
- For instance, a company called Contender Sailcloth launched a hybrid range of marine fabric and called it Fibercon in March 2019. This fabric demonstrates better resistance to wear and tear
Driven by technological advancements and rising focus on research and developments, the global sailcloth market will continue exhibiting growth at a steady pace.
Get Valuable Insights into Sailcloth Market
Future Market Insights executive level blueprint of the sailcloth market in its report. It offers refined forecasts pertaining to revenue growth witnessed across various segments. Trends impacting the market’s trajectory across these segments are also studied in detail for a period between 2020 and 2030.
The report studies the global sailcloth market and segments it in terms of type into laminate sailcloth, nylon sailcloth, polyester sailcloth and others. Based on application, the market can be segmented into cruising sails, racing sails, and others. Regionally, the global sailcloth market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Oceania, and the Middle East and Africa.
About Chemicals & Materials division of FMI
The Chemicals & Materials division at FMI offers distinct and pin-point analysis about the chemicals & materials industry. Coverage of the chemicals and materials market extends from commodity, bulk, specialty and petrochemicals to advanced materials, composites, and nanotechnology. The team also puts special emphasis on ‘green alternatives’, recycling and renewable technology developments, and supply-demand trade assessment. Our research studies are widely referred by chemical manufacturers, research institutions, channel partners, and government bodies for developing – ‘The Way Forward’.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Apac Flexible Glass Market
- Global Biobased Biodegradable Plastics Market
- Global Bio Plastics Market
- Bric Automotive Plastics Market
- Europe Advanced Aerospace Coatings Market
- India Construction Chemical Market
- Global Biophotonics Market
- Global Antimicrobial Additives Market
- Global Pearlescent Pigment Market
- Global Adsorbents Market
- Global Barite Market
- Global Polyvinyl Chloride Market
- Global Corrosion Protective Coatings Market
- Global Mining Flotation Chemicals Market
- Silica Sand Market For Glass Making