Agricultural mapping services include analysis and various diagnostic tools that are used for agricultural and livestock applications. Agricultural mapping services provide a varied amount of data, such as crop mapping, yield estimation, soil, irrigation amendment analysis, erosion identification & remediation, detailed vegetation cover & monitoring, developing crop models, damage, and land degradation assessment.
Moreover, agricultural mapping services include generating field & farm maps with the help of Global Positioning System (GPS) and other technologies which help manage and control agricultural resources. They are used to manage the agricultural sector by implementing and acquiring accurate information about the mapping environment. In addition, agricultural mapping systems include GIS, satellite imaging technology, and GPS, which can provide sufficient information to monitor and manage crops, soil, yield, and vegetation. Medium and high-resolution satellite sensors give accurate data about the crops and the soil, as well as the yield and soil index maps that are generated by Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI). Agricultural mapping services provide information about cultivable land/farmable land and yield-limiting factors, which helps farmers choose suitable land for higher productivity and maximum yield.
Agricultural Mapping Services Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing demand for maximizing the overall crop yield to drive the agricultural mapping services market
Farmers and agricultural organizations are focusing more on increasing food productivity due to the rapidly growing population and substantial growth in income growth across the globe. Agricultural mapping services provide information related to the suitable land for the optimal growth of crops, irrigation management, etc., which help farmers choose particular nutrients and land to produce more yield.
Moreover, agricultural mapping service providers are helping farmers and growers by consulting and providing an accurate land analysis report to manage soil and vegetation. These factors are estimating to boost the agricultural mapping services.
Increasing involvement of governments to improve farming techniques driving the growth of the agricultural mapping services market
There has been an increase in the number of agricultural activities to achieve significant improvements in farming techniques. Moreover, agricultural organizations as well as governments are analyzing and differentiating the farmable land according to the land production capacity by using agricultural mapping services. In addition, several government research firms are trying to improve the quality of soil damage/nutrient-deficient farming land by analyzing it with the help of agricultural mapping services.
Furthermore, financial organizations have started using agricultural mapping services to evaluate farm solvency and commodities stock exchange by analyzing the overall quality of farming land. These factors are boosting the growth of the agricultural mapping services market.
However, agricultural mapping services involve advanced technology such as GPS and GIS, which makes it costly and thus, farmers of rural areas are not able to afford these services. This is hampering the growth of the agricultural mapping services market.
Agricultural Mapping Services Market: Competition Landscape
Some of the prominent players of the agricultural mapping services market are SoilOptix, TARANIS, Airbus, The Sanborn Map Company, Inc., GPS-it, Excel Geomatics, TerrAvion Inc., UIZ Umwelt und Informationstechnologie Zentrum, Pix4D SA, and Map of Ag.
- Technologies such as remote sensing, GPS, and GIS are used commonly for agricultural mapping services, however, some companies are using new technologies for mapping agricultural land.
- For instance, Pix4D Company is using drone mapping with suitable photogrammetry software for agricultural mapping services
Agricultural Mapping Services Market: Regional Overview
The presence of several leading players in the North America and Europe regions has resulted in high penetration of agricultural mapping services in these regions. Moreover, stringent rules and regulations for using pesticides as per the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) in North America is boosting the adoption of agricultural mapping services for the precise analysis of farmlands. These factors contribute to the growth of agricultural mapping services.
- Furthermore, the joint task “Improvement of the Agricultural Structure and Coastal Protection” in Europe for improving agricultural farmland has established a significant market of agricultural mapping services in various countries across Europe.
On the other hand, improvements in the agricultural sector in the Asia Pacific region excluding Japan is creating a competitive market.
- For instance, TARANIS introduced its agricultural mapping services in countries in Asia Pacific such as India and China. Moreover, governments in the Asia Pacific region are encouraging local players by funding campaigns.
- For example, the Indian government is supporting agricultural mapping services in its campaign named “Startup India” to help local players to initiate agricultural mapping services. It has also recently introduced drone mapping services.
The agricultural mapping services report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Agricultural mapping services segments
- Agricultural mapping services dynamics
- Agricultural mapping services size
- Supply & demand
- Current trends/issues/challenges
- Competition & companies involved in the market
- Value chain of the agricultural mapping services market
- Market drivers and restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan ( Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Agricultural Mapping Services Market: Segmentation
The agricultural mapping services market can be segmented on the basis of applications, end use, and regions.
On the basis of application, the agricultural mapping services market can be segmented as:
- Irrigation monitoring
- Soil and Crop Analysis
- Livestock monitoring
- Management and Control
On the basis of end use, the agricultural mapping services market can be segmented as:
- Agro-Industrial companies
- Academic Institutes
- Government Agencies
- Detailed overview of parent agricultural mapping services market
- Changing agricultural mapping services dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of agricultural mapping services market
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in agricultural mapping services market
- Competitive landscape of agricultural mapping services market
- Strategies of key players and products offered in agricultural mapping services market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.