This Algae Omega market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Algae Omega market.
Algae Omega: Market Outlook
Algae omega are omega-3 fatty acids derived from a plant-based source of single-celled microscopic organisms, micro-algae, kelp, and seaweed. Consumers have a misconception that fish oil and other fish products are the only source of omega-3s. Algae omega supplements happen to be an ideal source of omega-3s, certified by several food associations for vegan and vegetarian consumption.
Algae omega plays a significant role in human diet and nutrition by offering end-use application in pharmaceuticals, dietary supplements, clinical nutrition, and infant nutrition. Hence algae omega is a popular choice for food and beverage fortifications and also plays its part in animal nutrition. The rising demand for algae omega is mainly influenced by its major use of dietary supplements.
Owing to its plant-based origins, algae omega supplements are gaining traction in the vegan and plant-based community. Increasing diet consciousness among the millennials and Gen Z generation is expected to uplift the growth of algae omega market and in addition to this, manufacturers are shifting from traditional algae farming to closed photo-bio reactor technology for obtaining a faster production rate.
The demand for algae omega is expected to increase in the emerging countries of South Asia during the projected period.
Robust Growth of EPA and DHA Segments to Create Lucrative Opportunity for Global Algae Omega Market
EPA and DHA are types of omega-3 fatty acids produced by micro algae and are commonly used together in various infant formulas and food fortification. The combination of these fatty acids aid vision health, support brain health, and promote cardiovascular and respiratory function.
Out of the different forms of algae omega supplements, algal oil is gaining recognition among the vegan and plant-based consumers, mostly due to the growing need of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids such as EPA and DHA. The main reason for EPA and DHA to be the fastest growing segments is that it is pure and safe, i.e., it does not pose a risk of contamination with pollutants such as polychlorinated biphenyls.
Thus, robust growth of EPA and DHA segments is expected to create a lucrative opportunity for global algae omega market.
Global Algae Omega: Key Players
Some of the key players manufacturing Algae omega are as follows -
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Cellana, Inc.
- Nordic Naturals
- Solarvest BioEnergy
- Novotech Nutraceuticals Inc.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Corbin N.V.
- Polaris Industries
- BASF SE
- Source Omega LLC
- Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc.
- BioProcess Algae, LLC
- TerraVia Holdings, Inc.
- Qualitas Health.
Opportunities for Global Algae Omega Market Participants:
Vegan and vegetarian consumers are picking up that need a wellspring of long-chain omega-3 unsaturated fats are showing interests toward algal oil. Growing research and development to extract omega-3 fatty acids from various types of algae is expected to create a competitive environment among the market players, further driving the growth of global algae omega market.
Moreover, domestic expansion of key market players and frequent launches of products with enhanced formulations will create a strong business footprint and fuel the market growth in developed countries. Owing to increased consumption of omega-3 supplements and fortified foods, and the rising awareness of its benefits in the North American and European regions will ultimately constitute both the regions of having a dominant share in the global algae omega market.
The algae omega supplements play an important role in infant formulas and other baby food products deeming it as an essential item. Also, its use in clinical nutrition further bolsters the point that algae omega is essential for promoting healthy immune function, metabolism, and controlled blood sugar levels amidst the corona virus crisis. Owing to the product’s vast nutraceutical and pharmaceutical applications, the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a negligible impact on the global algae omega market.
The algae omega market report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions.
By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the algae omega market, including but not limited to: regional markets, nature, premix type, product type, and nature
The Report Covers Exhaustive Analysis on:
- Algae omega market segment
- Algae omega market dynamics
- Algae omega market size
- Algae omega supply and demand
- Current trends/issues/challenges pertaining to algae omega market
- Competition landscape and emerging market participants in algae omega market
- Technology related to production/processing of algae omega
- Value chain analysis of the algae omega market
Regional Analysis Includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, BENELUX, Poland, Russia, Nordic, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
The algae omega market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analysing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the algae omega market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the algae omega market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the algae omega market
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Algae Omega Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Algae omega: Market Segmentation
- ALA (Alpha-linolenic acid)
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid)
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid)
- Food and Beverages
- o Infant Formula
- o Fortified Food and Beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Nutrition
- Others (Clinical Nutrition)
- Tetra Packaging
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Algae Omega Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Algae Omega Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Algae Omega Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Algae Omega Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)