This Asean Energy Storage Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Asean Energy Storage Devices market.
Rise in the energy demand and depleting fossil fuels is pushing the market towards non-conventional sources of energy. Energy demand is expected to increase by 70% between 2012 and 2035. The existing conventional sources of energy are depleting at a much faster rate than expected and their depletion is equally proving detrimental to the climate. Although renewable sources of energy will help in addressing all the environmental issues, this technology is still at its nascent stage and needs more investment in R&D to harness its full potential. This has led to the market inclination towards energy storage devices. These storage devices store energy to harness it in future. This balances the demand and supply gap for future purposes.
Energy storage devices (ESD) can be broadly segmented on the basis of geography, technology, applications, and end use sectors. Flywheels, flow batteries, solid state batteries, compressed air energy storage, thermal and pumped hydro power are different types of storage technology being employed by end use sectors such as wind, thermal and solar companies. While flywheel and battery storage technology is witnessing massive popularity in North America, emerging economies are employing super magnets and synthetic gas to harness the energy demands. Flywheel and battery storage with its robust features is set to capture the APAC and ASEAN market in future.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Geographically, ASEAN, North America, and Europe are the three most lucrative markets for storage devices. ASEAN market is the most diverse market globally with a large population base and robust economic growth. Though ASEAN members, particularly Indonesia, are rich in conventional sources of energy, government is focusing on clean energy. From 2004 to 2009, ASEAN achieved its 10% target to promote and install non-conventional sources of energy for the power sector. It is expected that the ASEAN-6 (Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, and Vietnam) will achieve 15% target by FY 2015. Besides these 6 members, Lao PDR is the market with the most potential in terms of hydro power. Close proximity to major economic hubs, India and China, are other added advantages for ASEAN members. Thailand is the automotive leader in ASEAN region. With the government focusing on clean energy, battery-operated automobiles will see greater penetration in the Thailand market. Together, these ASEAN regions offer a huge untapped energy market for business enterprises operating in energy storage devices.
Europe is another major market for ESD. Being an industrialised region with the presence of key automotive players in Germany, UK, France and Italy, is driving the European ESD market to its zenith. While Eastern Europe is still inclined towards traditional sources of energy, Western Europe has invested considerable amounts in R&D and power grid installation of non-conventional sources of energy. Flywheel is the most used technology employed by European countries.
North America is the next major market for energy storage devices. Solar energy, biomass, and wind power segments are overtaking the power segment at an exponential rate. Wind power installation will witness 6X times growth by FY 2020. The government in North America is promoting these renewable sources to cut its CO2 emissions and thereby limiting global warming to maximum 20C.
General Electric, NEC Corporation and NRG Energy are some of the key players in the global energy storage device market.
With the market accelerating towards non-conventional sources of energy, the future seems promising for energy storage devices market. As ASEAN is still underdeveloped in terms of harnessing energy through solar and wind power, the global market for energy storage devices is set to grow at a moderate CAGR rate. More investment and R&D across ASEAN is set to offer momentum to the growth of this market.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Asean Energy Storage Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications. The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- Rest of ASEAN
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Asean Energy Storage Devices Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Asean Energy Storage Devices Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Asean Energy Storage Devices Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Asean Energy Storage Devices Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.