This Automotive Coupling market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Coupling market.
Improving the misalignment and mechanical flexibility of shafts has led to constant development of automotive technology over the past few years. This has fuelled the demand for components that help reduce vibrations in shafts, which in turn, drives the growth of the automotive coupling market. Automotive coupling is a mechanism used to join two shafts together at their ends for transmitting power. Automotive coupling prevents the disconnection of shafts during operation. The main purpose of couplings is to join two pieces of revolving equipment by allowing some degree of end movement or misalignment or both. Automotive coupling is also used to disconnect or connect various fluid systems such as air, gas, oil and chemicals.
Improved fuel economy and engine efficiency are the prominent trends in the automotive industry, which include downsizing of engines and their parts. Furthermore, CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy), BS-VI, EURO 6, and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) standards have become more stringent and levy heavy fines on automakers, who do not meet the standard mpg (miles per gallon) norms. The aforementioned factors force automakers to develop better automobiles with superior fuel efficiency and reduced emissions. Usage of better alloys with high tensile strength in automotive coupling is forecasted to support growth of the automotive coupling market in the upcoming years.
Automotive Coupling Market: Drivers
The increasing number of vehicles coupled with the need for protecting vehicle from overloading are expected to fuel the demand for automotive coupling market. Moreover, reducing vibration in car and protecting shaft from wear and tear are further expected to upsurge the demand for automotive coupling over the forecast period.
Automotive Coupling Market: Restraints
However, failure of automotive coupling owing to improper coupling, poor coupling selection and operation beyond design capabilities are expected to hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period. Additionally, high maintenance cost associated with automotive coupling is also projected to restrict the growth of the market.
Automotive Coupling Market: Trends
Increasing emission norms and focus on weight reduction of vehicles will create significant opportunities for automotive coupling manufacturers. Unlike the traditional automotive coupling bolt and nuts joints, couplings are lubricant and oil free. Moreover, they are light in weight, easy to mount, offer high torque, provide high resistance to environmental conditions and offer high range of misalignment. These can be used in rear wheel drive, front wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicle.
The automotive coupling market has witnessed substantial innovations in product technology. Some of the major trends prevailing in the global automotive coupling market is the material used for manufacture of coupling is of lightweight and better inertia. Usage of wear free material and optimized disc springs also play an important role while designing the automotive couplings. By careful selection, installation and maintenance, substantial savings can be achieved.
APAC is projected to be an opportunistic market for automotive coupling owing to increasing number of vehicles, especially in India and China.
Automotive Coupling Market: Market Participants
Some of the examples of the market participants in the global automotive coupling market identified across the value chain include:
- Eaton Corporation
- SGF Automotive
- Minda Furukawa Electric Pvt. Ltd
- Nexteer Automotive
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Diamon Sp.z.o.
- Konsberg Automotive
- Madras Chain Corporation
- Dana Limited
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Coupling Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automotive Coupling Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global automotive coupling market can be segmented into:
- Rigid Couplings
- Flexible Couplings
On the basis of vehicle type, the global automotive coupling market can be segmented into:
- Passenger Car
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
On the basis of sales channel, the global automotive coupling can be segmented into:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Coupling Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Coupling Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Coupling Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Coupling Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.