Bandsaw Machines - The New-age ‘Power Saw’
Bandsaw machines were well-popular since the earlier half of the 19th Century and the idea was conceptualized in 1809 by a British individual named William Newberry. Though bandsaw machines were technically advanced but weren’t considered to be usable for a long period of time, owing to associated tribulations of boosting the saw blades’ strength or repairing them in case of breakage. However, a significant patent was put forth by a London-based inventor Henry Wilson, which focused on enhancing the band saw functionality in relation to sudden strain while in use. The advancements in bandsaw machines, over the course of years, were carried out with a primary focus on enabling ‘continuous cutting’ that offers optimal outcomes.
The demand for bandsaw machines spans across domestic as well as international markets, for various applications of woodworking, lumbering, metalworking, and material cutting. Sensing its escalating demand from various industries, manufacturers are focusing on use of quality raw material and incorporation of precisely-balanced wheels that ensure operational steadiness and smoothness. In addition, manufacturers are also focusing on development of bandsaw machines entailing minimal maintenance, coupled with additional benefits of sturdy construction and extended durability.
Bandsaw Machines Market - Key Research Findings
- The global bandsaw machines market size in 2018 was valued at ~US$ 1.8 Bn.
- The bandsaw machines market is expected to increase at a CAGR of ~4% over the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- The horizontal segment is anticipated to remain as the most preferred orientation type segment in the bandsaw machines market.
- The growth of this particular segment can be primarily attributed by the increasing production of automotive and wood pallets globally.
- Collectively, North America, East Asia, and Europe are likely to hold 70% of the revenue shares in the bandsaw machines industry by the end of 2029.
- The East Asia market is expected to remain as the prominent regional market for bandsaw machines manufacturers due to the presence of large number of end use manufacturing industries in the region.
- The automotive and transportation segment is expected to lead the market share in terms of revenue generation followed by the others segment, which includes wood cutting and biomass generation. Growing inclination towards biomass for power generation is expected to create robust opportunities in the segment.
- Key regions such as North America and Europe accounted for a substantial share in the round wood production. These regions are expected to create healthy demand for bandsaw machines.
Key Factors Shaping the Bandsaw Machines Market
Growing Automotive Industries Driving the Demand for Bandsaw Machines
- Bandsaw machines are widely used in industries such as automotive, food, biomass production, construction, and several other industries for different metal and wood cutting applications. The growing industrialization in emerging countries and increasing population demands have been driving the automobile, construction, food, and power generation industries and is expected to grow significantly in the upcoming years.
An Inclination towards Biomass Usage for Energy Generation Creating Demand for Bandsaw Machines
- The growth in the energy production through the use of biomass would increase the demand for biomass, subsequently boosting the global bandsaw machines market. The use of biomass pellets has significantly increased in the recent past for harvesting biomass energy.
- For instance, in 2017, biodiesel accounted for 24.1% of the energy production in the market of Canada. This noteworthy share of biomass in the energy production will help the growth of the bandsaw machines market.
Greater Cost Savings Associated with the Use of Bandsaw Machines over Other Types of Saw Machines
- Bandsaw machine blades are thinner than circular saw blades, resulting in a significantly smaller kerf or chip removal when compared to circular saw blades, generating significant material and cost savings over time. These traits of bandsaw machines have made them the preferred choice in many end-use industries.
Manufacturing Industries Embracing Industrial Automation
- OEMs and system integrators of machine tools, such as band saw machines, are adopting the trend of industrial automation to gain a competitive edge by introducing PLC-based machines, which in turn, is expected to create ample opportunities in the global band saw machines market during the forecast period.
Untapped Potential in Precision Cutting Tools Industry
- Fully automatic bandsaw machines are used for cutting complex edges but are not as widely adopted as other metal cutting machines owing to the slow speed and less accuracy. With advancements in the manufacturing technology of bandsaw machines and incorporation of PLC and robotics, bandsaw machines can tap into a wider market of machine cutting tools. The automotive, metal sheet cutting, and other industries demand the use of high precision cutting machines, where bandsaw machines can further extend their presence.
Bandsaw Machines Market Structure Analysis
- The global bandsaw machines market is an extremely fragmented market. Tier 1 players hold ~29-31% share in the market.
- Most of the key players sustain strategic focus on the development of new products and expansion of business in new regions and setup of the distribution and sales network.
- Noteworthy investments in developing new and durable bandsaw machines by companies are expected to exploit the bandsaw machines market growth prospects.
- Key players in the bandsaw machines market such as Amada Holdings Co., Ltd, Starrett, KASTO Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG, and Cosen Saws International, Inc., are developing new products and focusing on product innovations to sustain their positions in the market.
- International and regional market players have an extensive marketing network of branch, regional, and global offices across tier 1 and tier 2 cities, providing support to its customers.
Bandsaw Machines Vs Chainsaw Machines – What’s Winning the Productivity Battle?
Bandsaw machines are bringing the shine off chainsaw variants, owing to their unmatched efficiency and impeccable precision. The perfect placement of blade teeth and the matchless operating speeds underpin cutting abilities of bandsaw machines, and this has been further complemented by latest technological innovations incorporated in the existing as well as new product models. Bandsaw machines possess the ability to cut materials almost as quickly as large chainsaw machines, yet with a relatively lower capital investment and higher accuracy. This, in turn, is working in favor of the manufacturers who are actively involved in development and commercialization of bandsaw machines.
Considering the requirements coming from modern cutting applications, bandsaw machines have come a long way in terms of versatility and functionality. Excellent bundle-cutting capabilities, accurate feed units via servo drives, gear motor speed & horsepower options, programmable workstations for recurrent jobs, and capability to get smooth cuts in rigid materials are some of the distinguished features that further push the relevance of bandsaw machines. However, it remains indisputable that chainsaw and bandsaw machines will continue having their own unique places across industrial ecosystems, and the demand for chainsaw is unlikely to decline at once in light of its compatibility with a specific set of applications.
Automation in East Asia: The Precursor of Growth
Asia has been stealing the spotlight since the last few years, with respect to the trend of automation spreading its roots across the key countries. With China leading the pack, East Asia has been experiencing a myriad of economic and social benefits in the light of the massive-scale adoption of automation by industrial operators. OEMs as well as system integrators of machine tools, such as bandsaw machines, are drawing upon this trend by establishing strategic partnerships with prominent distributors in East Asia. In addition, companies active in the global bandsaw machines market are endeavouring expansion of their operational bases in China and Japan, which will further help them lift their profit pools to new heights. Such particulars pin the lucrativeness of East Asia for the market players of bandsaw machines to focus their efforts on.
* This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in report.
Winning Business Models of Market Players
Companies active in the bandsaw machines market are focusing on diversification of their product portfolios, in a bid to ensure long-term gains amid the competitive market space. Manufacturers are also shifting their focus on acquisition of local and domestic players that will help them amplify their geographical footprint via combined expertise and enhanced access to shared resource pools. Long term service contracts with end users along with prompt maintenance & repair services remain conducive to rewarding relationships with end users, and market players will continue to direct their investments toward the same.
As ‘energy efficiency’ tops the list of the major end-user considerations, leading players are aiming at development of energy-efficient machines that will not only bring down overall energy consumption but also offer high compatibility with the evolving operational paradigms.
Fully-automatic remains best-selling
Adoption of manual remains slow
Horizontal remains sought-after
Demand for vertical grows exponentially
Automotive & transportation remains top end user
Construction industry accounts for significant shares
How Growth will Unfold
The pervasive trend of ‘automation’ has set the stage for a massive inflow of PLC-controlled bandsaw machines, and the introduction of such machines is refashioning the way cutting activities were performed. With the continuous evolution of technological advancements over the past few decades, the PLC-controlled bandsaw machines have made their way into the industrial cutting scene and successfully enabled a higher degree of functionality and performance.
High ownerships costs and time-to-time maintenance remain two among the key factors challenging adoption of bandsaw machines. In addition, manufacturers of bandsaw machines remain hard-pressed to follow government established policies and regulations, which, in turn, imposes specific restrictions in the design conceptualization processes. Manufacturers, in order to succeed and grow, are vying to wade through these limitations by devising effective product development models that focus on steadfast production whilst adhering to the regulations put into place.
* This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in report.Click Here To Know How The Growth Will Unfold
Custom Market Research Services
FMI offers custom market research services that help clients to get information on their business scenario required where syndicated solutions are not enough.
Bandsaw Machines Market Analysis 2019 - 2029
Future Market Insight published its recent report on the global bandsaw machines market, which comprises of the global industry analysis 2014-2018 & opportunity assessment 2019-2029. It includes inclusive assessment of the related and relevant market dynamics. After conducting in-depth analysis on the historic as well as current growth prospective of the bandsaw machines market, the growth predictions of the market are obtained with maximum accuracy.
Bandsaw Machine Market Taxonomy
The global bandsaw machines market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach in front of the reader.
- Fully Automatic
By Cutting Type
By End Use
- Automotive & Transportation
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
The report commences with the executive summary of the bandsaw machines market, which includes a summary of the key findings and statistics of the market. It also includes the market value (US$ million) estimates of prime segments of the bandsaw machines market.
Readers can find detailed taxonomy and definition of the bandsaw machines market in this chapter, which will help them understand the basic information about the bandsaw machines market. This section also highlights the inclusions and exclusions, which help readers understand the scope of the bandsaw machines market report.
The report provides key market trends that are expected to impact the market growth significantly during the forecast period. Detailed industry trends are provided in this section, along with the key market developments and product innovations.
This section includes key inclusions of the report. It includes the product adoption & usage analysis, opportunity analysis, and manufactures’ strategies for the market expansion.
This section explains the global market volume analysis and forecast for the bandsaw machines market between the forecast periods of 2019-2029.
This section highlights the average price of manual, semi-automatic, fully automatic and CNC bandsaw machines in different regions throughout the globe. The pricing benchmark for manufacturer level pricing and distributor level pricing is analysed in this section.
This section explains the global market value analysis and forecast for the bandsaw machines market during 2014-2029. This chapter includes detailed analysis of the historical bandsaw machines market, along with an opportunity analysis of the future. Readers can also find absolute $ opportunity for the current year (2019-2020) and incremental $ opportunity for the forecast period (2019-2029).
This chapter explains the key macro-economic factors that are anticipated to influence the growth of the bandsaw machines market during the forecast period. Along with the macroeconomic factors, this section highlights the opportunity analysis for the bandsaw machines market. This chapter also highlights the key market dynamics of the bandsaw machines market such as drivers, restraints, trends, and opportunities. Moreover, readers will understand the key trends followed by prominent manufacturers in the bandsaw machines market.
Based on the orientation type, the bandsaw machines market is segmented into horizontal and vertical. In this chapter, readers can find information about the key trends and developments in the bandsaw machines market and market attractiveness analysis based on the orientation type.
This chapter provides details about the bandsaw machines market on the basis of manual, semi-automatic, fully automatic, and CNC. Readers can understand the market attractiveness analysis based on the operation of the bandsaw machine.
This chapter provides details about the bandsaw machines market on the basis of mitre, circular, ring, and straight cutting angles. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractiveness analysis based on cutting types of the bandsaw machine.
This chapter provides details about the bandsaw machines market on the basis of automotive and transportation, construction, mining, aerospace, shipbuilding, food, and others. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractiveness analysis based on the end use.
This chapter explains how the bandsaw machines market will grow across several geographic regions such as North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Oceania.
This chapter includes detailed analysis of the growth of the North America bandsaw machines market, along with a country-wise assessment that includes the U.S. and Canada. Readers can also find regional trends, regulations, and market growth based on end users and countries in North America.
Readers can find detailed information about several factors such as pricing analysis and regional trends that are impacting the growth of the Latin America bandsaw machines market. This chapter also includes the growth prospects of the bandsaw machines market in prominent LATAM countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and the Rest of Latin America.
Important growth prospects of the bandsaw machines market based on its end users in several countries such as the U.K., Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Russia, France, Germany, and the Rest of Europe are included in this chapter.
India, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, and the Rest of South Asia are prominent countries in the South Asia region that are the prime subjects of assessment to obtain growth prospects of the bandsaw machines market. Readers can find detailed information about the growth parameters of the South Asia bandsaw machines market during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
This chapter highlights the growth of the bandsaw machines market in East Asia by focusing on China, Japan, and South Korea. This section also help readers understand the key factors that are responsible for the growth of the bandsaw machines market in East Asia.
This chapter provides information about how the bandsaw machines market will grow in major countries in the MEA region such as GCC, Turkey, South Africa, and the Rest of MEA during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
This chapter provides information about how the bandsaw machines market will grow in major countries in the Oceania region such as Australia and New Zealand during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
In this chapter, readers can find detailed information about the tier analysis and market concentration of key players in the bandsaw machines market, along with their market presence analysis by region and product portfolio.
In this chapter, readers can find a comprehensive list of all the prominent stakeholders in the bandsaw machines market, along with detailed information about each company, which includes the company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are, Starrett, Amada Machine Tools Co. Ltd, The SOITAAB Group, Mega Machine Co., Ltd., EVERISING MACHINE CO., MEBA Metall-Bandsagemaschinen GmbH, Cosen Saws International, Inc., ITL Industries Limited, Behringer Saws, Inc., Kasto, PEDRAZZOLI IBP, Multicut, and SANTEC Group, among others.
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provide a base to the information and statistics included in the bandsaw machines market report.
This chapter help readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain several conclusions as well as important qualitative and quantitative information about the bandsaw machines market.
How the research was conducted?
Primary research interviews with key opinion leaders and other participants were conducted for data collection and validation of the below information:
- Adoption of Bandsaw Machine
- Average Selling Price (US$) and Market Growth
- Key Developments
- Key Trends and Opportunities
- Regional wise Dynamics
- Market Share Information
- Key Brands
- Competition & Key Vendor Strategies
- Company Press Release
- Published Trade Data
- Quarterly Financial Statements, 10-K & 10-Q Filings, Factiva, Morning Star
- Annual Reports/SEC filings/Investor Presentations/Earning Call Transcript
- Industry Journals
- Press Information and Data Released by Exhibitions Conducted By Associations, etc.
- Aircraft Production Association
- Gardner Business Media, Inc
Primary Interview Splits
Bandsaw Machine Market Reports - Table of Contents
4. Key Success Factors
24. Research Methodology
25. Assumption & Acronyms