This Barrier Resins market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Barrier Resins market.
It is almost 50 years of research and development that has made plastics and polymers an extensively used product for the packaging applications worldwide. The polymers and plastics have several useful attributes such as low cost, flexibility, transparency or clarity, ease of transportation and a good shelf appeal. Still, the foremost application for the food & beverage industry is supplying goods which are safe and fresh to the consumers. This often involves good manufacturing practices right from the production to the eventual consumption of these goods.
When food products are left in open atmosphere, they react with oxygen and form by-products which hamper the properties of the product. Barrier resins belong to the polymer group. As they act as an unbreakable barrier to oxygen, they are most widely used by the packaging division for the packaging of perishable food and eatable products. Furthermore, the use of these barrier resins in packaging structures limit the passage of flavour, odour permeation and oxygen. Barrier resins can be extruded into bottles, sheets, films which are effective and economical for the storage of goods and the life of the products is also increased considerably. Also, barrier resins offer better thermal stability when manufactured and designed under appropriate processing conditions. The high barrier properties of the barrier resins, even after their extended usage, has allowed barrier resins to deliver up to 50 percent moisture barrier improvement over conventional technology.
EVOH (Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol) is a copolymer formed from vinyl alcohol and ethylene and is the most commonly used barrier resin in the market presently. EVOH is easily co-extruded from all types of polyamides, polyolefins and other polymers with the use of standard extrusion equipment. EVOH is a hydrophilic substance, hence it must be thoroughly dried before extrusion processing. The scrap produced after the co-extrusion process is usually recycled as layers in bottle and sheet applications. It can also be recycled after post-consumer use. The market is estimated to grow for Barrier Resins as these products can be recycled even after extended usage by consumers and industries. Moreover, the fact that these barrier resins can be moulded and used in almost all shapes and sizes will also fuel the growth of the Barrier resins market in near future.
Barrier Resins Market dynamics:
Growth in the consumer packaged goods (CPG) and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) -- these are the products that are sold quickly and relatively at a low cost -- is anticipated to support the growth of the barrier resins market. Moreover, the growth in the pharmaceutical packaging division in developing countries and the improved shelf life of packaged eatables and beverage products achieved through the use of barrier resins is further driving the growth of the barrier resins market. The growing consumer awareness about healthy purchasing and increasing preference for fresh food products with proper packaging is the most important driver for the barrier resin market. Rapid urbanization and increased life of processed food products with the use of barrier resins is driving the food packaging market, which in turn, is the main driving factor for the barrier resins market. Barrier Resins Market has a lot of scope in research and development division since the researchers and the scientists are coming up with new polymers which are more efficient and economical. The market for the Barrier Resins is anticipated to grow at a healthy CAGR in coming future. Furthermore, the growing applications of packaging in all industrial and commercial sectors is expected to propel the growth of the Barrier Resins market in near future.
Barrier Resins: Regional Outlook:
Barrier Resins can be divided into seven different geographical regions/divisions -- North America, Latin America, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, Middle East and Africa. The North America and European countries have presence across all industrial and commercial sectors, alongside the existence of globally prominent players, which is a boon for the Barrier Resins market in these regions. The rapid industrialization in the Asia pacific region, especially in China and India, is estimated to fuel the growth of the Barrier Resins market. The use of barrier resins is becoming easier and economical owing to the new inventions and advances being made in technology. Therefore, it is expected that the Barrier Resins market will see rapid growth in all the developed and developing countries in future.
Barrier Resins: Market Participants
Some of the market participants in the Barrier Resins market are:
- NOVA Chemicals Corporation
- Valspar Corporation
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- EVAL Europe N.V
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Kuraray Co., Ltd
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Barrier Resins Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Barrier Resins Market segmentation:
Barrier Resins can be segmented on the basis of type of chemicals and applications.
By Product type, the barrier resins market can be segmented into:
On the basis of applications,the barrier resins market can be segmented into:
- Agricultural Industrial
- Chemical Industries
- Food & Beverage
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Pharmaceutical & Medical
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Barrier Resins Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Barrier Resins Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Barrier Resins Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Barrier Resins Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.