This Bio Based Sealant Films market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Bio Based Sealant Films market.
The sealant films are the multilayer films with the one outer most layer capable of melting at a low temperature such that the film is easily formed into a pouch with low or no heat application. The bio-based sealant films are made up of bio-degradable or compostable material in order to reduce the carbon footprint in production. Thus the companies are promoting the bio-based sealant films as one of the steps towards sustainability. Presently, PLA (Poly Lactic Acid) is the only bio-based material used by the manufacturers to produce bio-based sealant films while other materials are under introductory or development stage. The application of bio-based sealant films eliminates the requirement of additional sealant for sealing the packaging and thereby reducing the weight of packaging with effective sealing. The eco-friendly material and reduced weight of packaging are the major factors responsible for driving the bio-based sealant films market globally.
Global Bio-based Sealant Films Market: Key Developments
The major development in the bio-based sealant films market is the addition of barrier properties to the films such as moisture, odor and oxygen barrier. Aluminum material is generally incorporated for barrier properties as the material is biodegradable and a high barrier material. On the other hand, the layer of aluminum increases the weight of the packaging therefore a very thin layer is incorporated such that effective barrier is created by the bio-based sealant film. Moreover, to satisfy the requirement of transparent packaging of food products, the transparent bio-based sealant films are manufactured by the companies. As the transparent packaging is a highly effective way of marketing the product at the point of sale, especially for food products, the introduction of transparent films has driven the bio-based sealant films market. Also, the bio-based sealant films are food grade films that are non-toxic for direct contact with food products and therefore majorly driven by the food industry.
Global Bio-based Sealant Films Market: Parent Market Overview
Bio-plastics are the bio-based plastic materials. According to European Bio-plastics Organization, the global production capacity of PLA resins was around 200 Thousand tons in 2017 and is further expected to expand with the entrance of players in the bio-plastics industry.
Global Bio-based Sealant Films Market: Research Methodology
The bio-based sealant films market is more precisely analyzed by supply side analysis. In the initial stage, a survey is conducted with sealant film manufacturers in each key country for their production capacity. Total regional sealant film capacity for a region is estimated leading to global sealant films production. Further, the penetration of bio-based materials in sealant films is assessed and finally arrive to the global bio-based sealant films market volume. At the end, the market numbers are validated with industry experts.
Global Bio-based Sealant Films Market: Market Competition
Plastic Suppliers Inc. and Toray Industries Inc. are two of the companies in the packaging industry with worldwide footprint and bio-based sealant films in their product portfolio. Other packaging film manufacturing giants might be capable of producing such films according to the client’s requirement, but Plastic Suppliers Inc. and Toray Industries Inc. are the only companies with significant production of bio-based sealant films. Also, it takes a lot of capital investment for production of bio-based sealant films and there reducing the probability of the presence of bio-based sealant films among un-organized market packaging film manufacturers.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Bio Based Sealant Films Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Bio-based Sealant Films Market: Market Segmentation
The global bio-based sealant films market can be segmented on the basis of film thickness as
- Up to 9 microns
- 9 to 12 microns
- 12 to 15 microns
- Above 15 microns
With the increase in thickness of bio-based sealant film, the strength of the film increases and enables the production of larger pack size. Also, the material required for making high gauge films is higher and therefore affecting the manufacturing cost of the film. Thus, the pricing analysis is made on the bio-based sealant films market segmentation by the thickness of films.
The global bio-based sealant films market can be segmented on the basis of end-use as
- Food & beverage
- Frozen food
- Coffee & Tea
- Cookies & Cereal
- Nutrition bars
- Other foods
- Personal care products
- Retail products
- Office supplies
- Promotional items
- Fashion accessories
The global bio-based sealant films market can be segmented on the basis of the geographical region as
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Bio Based Sealant Films Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Bio Based Sealant Films Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Bio Based Sealant Films Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Bio Based Sealant Films Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)