Sealant Web Films Market Analysis: Appearance & Convenience of Stand-up Pouches Grabbing Consumer Attention
The global sealant web films market is anticipated to be valued nearly US$ 59.2 Bn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 4.1%, during the forecast period (2018 - 2028).
Sealant web films are specifically designed to be applied as a sealant layer for retort and non-retort pouches, bags, and other packaging materials. Sealant web films are used for monolayer and multi-layer packaging films which require high heat seal strength and seal through contamination performance. LDPE is widely used a sealant web films material for packaging solutions such as bags & pouches. The sealant web films are used in co-extruded films to provide high sealing capabilities and provides linear tear properties avoiding micro-perforating.
The sealant web films of multilayer packaging should have a low melting point so that it can be heat-sealed easily. The sealant web films are used in the food & beverage packaging industry, hence the sealant web films are manufactured such that they do not react with food it contacts. The sealant web films are made up of materials like polyolefin, resulting in better performance of the whole co-extruded film. Sealant web films maintain the integrity of packaging and protect its contents from degradation and leakage. Sealant web films are usually innermost layers of the multi-layer packaging films, which enhance its performance by providing it high sealing strength.
Sealant Web Films Market: Key Findings
Barrier is not enough, sealing maintains integrity of packaging
- To maintain freshness and protect the contents of packaged products from leakage, sealing is integral in the food packaging industry. This factor has resulted in the expansion of the sealant web films market. Barrier protection is a necessary factor for maintaining the aroma & flavor of food, but it is much more beneficial to add sealant web films in co-extruded films or to laminate the packaging. Effective packaging requires quality and appropriate appearance, which is totally dependent on the manufacturer, giving a boost to sealant web films market. Stand-up pouches are introduced for this purpose, and slowly gained the attention of the consumers and brand owners, enhancing the value of the sealant web films market.
Stand-up pouches are dominating the packaging format in the retail sector & sealant web films market
- Stand-up pouches segment in sealant web films market is estimated to dominate during the forecast period, due to its consumer-appealing packaging format. Stand-up pouches are more convenient than cartons and containers. Also, there is a wide range of size options available, which ultimately results in more usage of sealant web films. Consumers prefer stand up pouches than any other format owing to their easy handling and re-usability, thus expanding the global sealant web films market.
- Pouches, which contain sealant web films in it, are used due to their value-added features like freshness, portability, on-the-go consumption, easy to open, and resealing ability among others.
The global sealant web films market has been segmented as per material type, thickness, application, and end use. On the basis of thickness type, the global sealant web films market has been segmented into less than 15 microns, 15-35 microns, 35-50 microns, and above 50 microns. There are number of layers in a single packaging film. Multiple layers increase the performance in terms of protection of the packaged product. The materials used in sealant web films affect the characteristics of the whole film, as an application of a sealant layer requires adhesive.
Generally, ethylene derivatives are used for sealant web films such as low-density polyethylene (LDPE), linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE), ethylene vinyl alcohol, ethylene vinyl acetate, including poly lactic acid, and polypropylene. Polypropylene is comparatively more heat resistant than polyethylene, which makes it suitable for sealant web films.
Different thicknesses of sealant web films are chosen on the basis of their end use. These films are used for making bags and flat & stand-up pouches. It is the most lucrative segment of the global sealant web films market. The global sealant web films market is estimated to have a significant growth rate during the forecast period, as per the increment in the demand for convenient packaging solutions.
Sealant Web Films Market: Key Developments
- Key manufacturers in the sealant web films market are coming up with new packaging solutions produced by using sealant web films.
- Manufacturers like Plastic Suppliers Inc. and DIC Corporation are providing bio-based packaging solutions boosting the growth rate of global sealant web films market.
- Key sealant web film market players such as Berry Global Group and Bemis Company Inc. are investing in research and development for sustainable growth of their businesses.
The stand-up pouch segment in the sealant web films market was valued at US$ 7,470.3 Mn in 2017 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.6% over the forecast period 2018-2028. On the basis of material type, sealant web films market is expected to create an incremental opportunity of US$ 31,429.9 Mn, during the forecast period.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Sealant Web Films Market: Competitive Landscape
Berry Global Inc., Bemis company Inc., Jindal Poly films Ltd., Polifilm GmbH, DIC Corporation, Avery Dennison Corporation, Plastic Suppliers Inc., Dow DuPont Inc., Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd., and Toray Industries Inc.
By Material Type
- Food & Beverages
- Building & Construction
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Electronics & Electrical
- Homecare Products
By Thickness Type
- <15 Microns
- 15-35 Microns
- 35-50 Microns
- >50 Microns
- Flat Pouches
- Stand-up Pouches
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)